FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

Why are we back to not using the Halo twitch channel that’s going to seriously hurt viewership..all events should be on that channel even if they aren’t HCS events.

Also are we still having pool play on Friday because I really hope so nobody wants to watch no name open bracket teams play when we could be seeing top teams playing.

Ya because viewership was just outstanding when events were on the Halo channel.......................

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Iirc UGC STL 2015 was streamed on UGC instead of halo and the viewership wasn't hugely different

At this point with Halo Esports being more irrelevant than it almost ever has been        (pre Halo 4 / AGL comparable), streaming on the Halo Channel really doesn’t matter at this very second. This concept changes when the franchise actually has generated substantial interest (this will be whenever they release a brand new game title) paired with an official league backed by the publisher - that’s when you want to be on the official twitch outlet (IMO). 

Building your own channels is important, but it’s always a process. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So i tried to play halo 5 forge on pc... Not even including all the problems with the port itself, sprint just does not work well on pc. Hope they notice that for infinite.

1 hour ago, Joseph said:

At this point with Halo Esports being more irrelevant than it almost ever has been        (pre Halo 4 / AGL comparable), streaming on the Halo Channel really doesn’t matter at this very second. This concept changes when the franchise actually has generated substantial interest (this will be whenever they release a brand new game title) paired with an official league backed by the publisher - that’s when you want to be on the official twitch outlet (IMO). 

Building your own channels is important, but it’s always a process. 

And the Halo channel could host the main stream for the event.

3 hours ago, Hully said:

Hope that sprint isn't in Infinite so it's a non issue. 

Its actually pretty interesting looking at top PC fps games. Most if not all of them sprint isnt a thing or it is a small thing like a specific character trait in overwatch.

17 minutes ago, Llamaas said:

Its actually pretty interesting looking at top PC fps games. Most if not all of them sprint isnt a thing or it is a small thing like a specific character trait in overwatch.

Is that true? I would say there are more Sprint than non-Sprint:

Spoiler

OW - mixed movement abilities sprint included

CS - no spint but penalized accuracy for movement

Quake - no sprint

CoD - sprint

Pubg - sprint

R6 - sprint

Battlefield - sprint

Destiny - sprint

I don't think the fact there are more Sprint games detracts from the fact that non-Sprint shooters can be and are currently successful at the top end of gaming / esports.

• Upvote (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, careh said:

Is that true? I would say there are more Sprint than non-Sprint:

Only games i can really think of with sprint are rainbow 6 and battlefield (if you consider that a top pc fps). I personally dont count cod since its console focused. As for non sprint there is Cs, Overwatch, and an older one that was big, tf2

6 minutes ago, SacUsa said:

New HCS Invitational announced for Austin, Texas, March 15-17. Top 6 teams from UGC STL will be flown out.

Also announced that H3 will be played at Dreamhack Dallas at the end of May.

Nice 

• Like (+1) 1

So an HCS invitational on Match 15th, and a Halo 3 4v4 at Dreamhack Dallas on May 31st. Plus the possibility of competitive CE and H2 tournaments on top of that. Merry belated Christmas boys.

• Like (+1) 1

This is shaping up to be one hell of year!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Hully said:

So an HCS invitational on Match 15th, and a Halo 3 4v4 at Dreamhack Dallas on May 31st. Plus the possibility of competitive CE and H2 tournaments on top of that. Merry belated Christmas boys.

Glad you're as hyped as we are. To clarify that section - the mention of other Halo titles is in the context of show matches at the HCS Invitational.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 2

Got upset that the first big Halo event in Texas since I've become a completely independent adult was an invitational, then saw that there's an open event in Texas a couple of months later and got excited, then realized that I have a wedding to go to on the weekend of Dreamhack Dallas and got a bit bummed again. Well, I'll still try my best to get that March weekend off (it'll be a busy weekend at work, hopefully our staffing will be in a good place) and go to Austin to spectate. Thanks for coming down, 343!

If we can get more Grassroots events later on to round out the 343 events this could build us a pretty good competitive community foundation to continue to grow on, especially if multiple Halo games get tournaments.

1 minute ago, Tashi said:

Glad you're as hyped as we are. To clarify that section - the mention of other Halo titles is in the context of show matches at the HCS Invitational.

Gandhi v T2 1v1 BRs on Midship confirmed? 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

This is what ive been waiting for. Lets go. 

Though if ce is at dh dallas and it conflicts with the already planned ce lan AGAIN (two ce events next week boys) ima be pissed. Though i dont think this is the case 

• Upvote (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Tashi said:

Chances we get other Halo tournaments for CE/H2? Even alongside H3 would be sweet. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SacUsa said:

New HCS Invitational announced for Austin, Texas, March 15-17. Top 6 teams from UGC STL will be flown out.

Also announced that H3 will be played at Dreamhack Dallas at the end of May.

Well, this sort of answers my worries I had about the whole thing, would personally like to see more TO's getting into the program, but that might be an "if you build it, they will come" sort of thing.

GJ @Tashi n team!

3 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Chances we get other Halo tournaments for CE/H2? Even alongside H3 would be sweet. 

Always a chance - up to the Grassroots partners really. I think it's likely H3 will remain the main focus for MCC tournaments for this year with potential for side tournaments in other games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I would kill for an east coast event. Seems like most open events (CoD, Halo) these days are central and west coast. 

Gimme Columbus.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1