CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Reciprocity loses 3-0 to GMS in the LB. A certain member of the first team mentioned still feels he only needs to get on and play scrims/online tournaments and playing MM with his team as a TO4 would not be worth it - also after commenting earlier that gametypes such as Amp TS play differently now from the old Halo 3 VODs he had been watching.

:thinking::thinking::Toxic::Toxic:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

2 hours ago, logan said:

Here's some classic halo rage 

if he had lifted literally two seconds later there wouldn't have been time to catch up (mathematically), I don't see how he could have waited any longer

On 12/28/2018 at 3:31 PM, Riddler said:

That jump is just busted on mcc. That jump was so easy on 360 and now its harder than s1 to s2 on guardian. 

Just get some Gunnars you scrub.

11 hours ago, Proto said:

Reciprocity loses 3-0 to GMS in the LB. A certain member of the first team mentioned still feels he only needs to get on and play scrims/online tournaments and playing MM with his team as a TO4 would not be worth it - also after commenting earlier that gametypes such as Amp TS play differently now from the old Halo 3 VODs he had been watching.

:thinking::thinking::Toxic::Toxic:

dude get a grip

• Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cristohfur said:

dude get a grip

I'll admit - my post was troll-ish, but the point I brought up previously regarding Pistola's attitude still stands. 

He made the point yesterday that he will be playing more Fortnite (and brought this up to Snipedown when the team was first forming) because he has the opportunity to make more money with the online cups, tournaments, etc - no one, myself included, will argue with him on that. Halo right now is his second priority, as it should be in regards to prize money. If no one on REC was grinding, it would be much more understandable. But when Halo is the top priority of the rest of your team, you make yourself look bad with that approach. Snipedown, Roy and Lunch have been grinding recently and Pistola only gets on for the online tournaments or scrims, and has attempted to make a case for not needing to play until those online tournaments or scrims - that rubs me the wrong way (as a fan) - and it would especially if I were Snipedown, Roy or Lunch.

In the world of competition, there isn't much that is worse than wasted talent. Right now, with his approach, he is wasting his talent - a top talent. One of the best to ever play the franchise. When you are the first to try and rationalize your lack of practice or raise points after a match of what could have been done better, when you have played the least compared to everyone else on your team, again - that rubs me the wrong way. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mad_L3pr3chaun said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudNaiveCodSmoocherZ

so whats up with these flags disappearing? was this a bug in the original h3? I've seen it happen a couple of times now and if this happens at the tournament then people are gonna flip out.

Not that I remember tbh. Should definitely be a replay if it happens on LAN.

1 hour ago, Mad_L3pr3chaun said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudNaiveCodSmoocherZ

so whats up with these flags disappearing? was this a bug in the original h3? I've seen it happen a couple of times now and if this happens at the tournament then people are gonna flip out.

This happened to me on Heretic as well. I pulled the flag, threw it up towards Carbine and it got reset immediately.

9 hours ago, Proto said:

I'll admit - my post was troll-ish, but the point I brought up previously regarding Pistola's attitude still stands. 

He made the point yesterday that he will be playing more Fortnite...

In the world of competition, there isn't much that is worse than wasted talent. Right now, with his approach, he is wasting his talent - a top talent...

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Proto said:

He made the point yesterday that he will be playing more Fortnite (and brought this up to Snipedown when the team was first forming) because he has the opportunity to make more money with the online cups, tournaments, etc - no one, myself included, will argue with him on that. Halo right now is his second priority, as it should be in regards to prize money. If no one on REC was grinding, it would be much more understandable. But when Halo is the top priority of the rest of your team, you make yourself look bad with that approach. Snipedown, Roy and Lunch have been grinding recently and Pistola only gets on for the online tournaments or scrims, and has attempted to make a case for not needing to play until those online tournaments or scrims - that rubs me the wrong way (as a fan) - and it would especially if I were Snipedown, Roy or Lunch.

In the world of competition, there isn't much that is worse than wasted talent. Right now, with his approach, he is wasting his talent - a top talent. One of the best to ever play the franchise. When you are the first to try and rationalize your lack of practice or raise points after a match of what could have been done better, when you have played the least compared to everyone else on your team, again - that rubs me the wrong way. 

"it rubs me the wrong way" how old are you? the guys played halo at the top for years, what more do you want? you sound like a very immature fanboi venting online. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 6

16 minutes ago, cristohfur said:

"it rubs me the wrong way" how old are you? the guys played halo at the top for years, what more do you want? you sound like a very immature fanboi venting online. 

Yeah. Well, you ARE a very immature fanboi venting online! :walshy:

8 hours ago, cristohfur said:

I'm 25. I'm also six foot-four and fully tatted. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 3