CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Aski said:

hey guys i started doing this cause i'll think it helps grow and also a lot of ppl are busy and miss out on a lot of the things that happen on twitch. :P 

Thanks for this! That part with Zyos was him answering my questions about the origin behind the team names "F U gintron" and "F gintron" and I thought it was a problem on my end when the audio cut out and I didn't get the answer I sought.

• Upvote (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Aski said:

hey guys i started doing this cause i'll think it helps grow and also a lot of ppl are busy and miss out on a lot of the things that happen on twitch. :P 

you do god's work, my friend

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has the audio for MCC H3 gotten worse or something?

I feel like having Astros back in the day gave you a pretty big advantage, and now I can hardly hear people going up a lift or footsteps. Am I going crazy

21 hours ago, Aski said:

If you stop making these I'll hunt you down and force you to make more. But, this was an awesome edit. Seriously, you're an MVP

• Like (+1) 2

I used to play with King Nick.  Did he ever do anything outside of his first tournament appearance?

53 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I used to play with King Nick.  Did he ever do anything outside of his first tournament appearance?

He placed top 12 at Daytona.

14 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

He placed top 12 at Daytona.

pretty sure he won the FFA in NOLA as well

25 minutes ago, Sandman said:

pretty sure he won the FFA in NOLA as well

He did win quite a few FFAs on forge maps.  I liked how he would play on maps he didn’t know.

Nick placed 3rd at the last world's FFA I think. 

Right now he's grinding CE, pretty sure he'll be at UGC. Asking people to play XLAN every day in h1 hub on discord. I played with him the other night and he carried me every game basically and we won every game 50-30 offhost (although his ping was only 15). Dude can be a sarcastic asshole sometimes and I like to get into shit talking with him but there's no denying his skill. He backs it up. 

• Like (+1) 1

I get that you have to lead your shots, but the BR in H3 feels so clunky. Obviously, I'm not very good at H3. Maybe I'm nuts

• Upvote (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

TLDR is that they didn't want the H3 BR to be a utility weapon like in H2 where it was very good at all ranges. 

They didn't even want the H2 BR to be good at all ranges. It had random spread just like the H3 BR but it was accidentally patched when trying to fix the issues with dual pistols being OP. I forget if they changed RoF and spread or just spread but it was somehow applied to the BR too.

2 minutes ago, Teapot said:

They didn't even want the H2 BR to be good at all ranges. It had random spread just like the H3 BR but it was accidentally patched when trying to fix the issues with dual pistols being OP. I forget if they changed RoF and spread or just spread but it was somehow applied to the BR too.

And as a result they accidentally created the best 4v4 console shooter ever made. Kind of like how the multiplayer in CE was an afterthought, and it still stands up today as the highest skill ceiling console shooter ever made. Bungie were accidental miracle workers. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Boyo said:

He placed 3rd in the very first Halo 5 OQ with Overdrive - Vetoed, Marbs & Kephri. His best major was Dreamhack Atlanta 2017 which was one of the most difficult H5 Open LANs - placed 17th.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hully said:

And as a result they accidentally created the best 4v4 console shooter ever made. Kind of like how the multiplayer in CE was an afterthought, and it still stands up today as the highest skill ceiling console shooter ever made. Bungie were accidental miracle workers. 

If only they accidentally made the h3 BR good ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, J2cain said:

I get that you have to lead your shots, but the BR in H3 feels so clunky. Obviously, I'm not very good at H3. Maybe I'm nuts

Just aim a little lower than you normally would to mitigate spread, and don’t let your bullets land behind the guy. You’ll be straight after that.

59 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Just aim a little lower than you normally would to mitigate spread, and don’t let your bullets land behind the guy. You’ll be straight after that.

Simply put: lead your shots. :simms:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1