CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

titan squads comms are very very good. meanwhile i can't hear anything neighbor says and ace is asleep

Am I wooshing on what "titan squad" is, or?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, theslatcher said:

Am I wooshing on what "titan squad" is, or?

the roster is 3/4's of the god squad and i could only think of one thing greater than a god.

• Upvote (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Obviously nades are always instant but if your boxes have been on a while & the switch is running hot.. I've seen magical things. 

LAN isn't this perfect place where everything goes right. 

LAN is at least a damn site better than online, Halo 3 online is literally the worst online experience anyone can endure in Halo. Halo 2 host advantage was rough if a very VERY good player grabbed it as they would hit the world but Halo 3 online is literal dog trash, it was back when and it is now. Honestly i'm just glad the game is so much fun and refreshing enough that it outweighs the horse shit we have to endure playing against west coast host, its like shooting people in the future and i'm in the past on a Brexit connection.

Also quite funny to see how many people located in the Seattle area are tweeting clips, they are literally on LAN in comparison to their opponents. :salt:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 7

16 minutes ago, cristohfur said:

props to whatever idiot was talking shit about Ola for online play after they smoked pretty much everyone

cM44kby.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

On 12/22/2018 at 10:58 AM, PLaTaNo said:

That’s the homie @Powlas , he plays too but I’m assuming he’s busy with the fam for the holidays so he’s just running tournament VoD for the time being.

That dudes a loser. I appreciate him streaming some old tournaments, but he literally bans 99% of people who talk in chat.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Bill said:

That dudes a loser. I appreciate him streaming some old tournaments, but he literally bans 99% of people who talk in chat.

Pretty sure I’m in his chat every day as of recently and he lets people talk freely.

4 minutes ago, PLaTaNo said:

Pretty sure I’m in his chat every day as of recently and he lets people talk freely.

never seen anyone get banned and the chats always pretty wholesome due to nostalgia. 

anyways, happy holidays to you all! headed to the family gathering for festivities

...i'm counting down the days to ugc

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

never seen anyone get banned and the chats always pretty wholesome due to nostalgia. 

anyways, happy holidays to you all! headed to the family gathering for festivities

...i'm counting down the days to ugc

This is what I’m saying. Anyways, it’s Christmas Eve in 🇰🇷 at the moment and I’m playing Halo all damn day like it’s 2008 again. I hope ya’ll are enjoying the holidays and the quality time with the family.

Also, run this tweet up if you on Twitter.

• Upvote (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, PLaTaNo said:

Literally banned me and a few others (bout 3 of us) after I asked why he was being so hostile towards Halo 5 (not that I love H5, I was genuinely curious). Was met with a ban and him saying that anyone who loves Halo 5 doesn't deserve to be in his chat. When I PM'd him, he said if I sub to his channel I can be unbanned. Lol no wonder why the halo community is so Toxic. You have clowns who stream MR Global's Youtube on Twitch and get egos from it.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

Literally banned me and a few others (bout 3 of us) after I asked why he was being so hostile towards Halo 5 (not that I love H5, I was genuinely curious). Was met with a ban and him saying that anyone who loves Halo 5 doesn't deserve to be in his chat. When I PM'd him, he said if I sub to his channel I can be unbanned. Lol no wonder why the halo community is so Toxic. You have clowns who stream MR Global's Youtube on Twitch and get egos from it.

tbh I'd ban you too. :lxthul:

temporarily.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 6

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

:rekt:.

On 12/20/2018 at 10:40 AM, Craneteam said:

so who will be the first team to sign and not get paid on time? or just get paid in lindacoin?

edit: holy shit it looks like patrick has jumped off the lindacoin to sparkle token and his pbl team has been blocked out of the pbl. add hime to zach  who had to move his betting platform to a free token system

ZB3jwWS.png

and this looks like the making of another failure

imma need another @FrankTheShow stream to break this down for me

edit edit:

looks like str8sick and commonly will be the first. yay for denial coming back to halo /s

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 4

On 12/22/2018 at 2:12 PM, Proto said:

I'm gonna make a post that will possibly rub some people the wrong way but will also contribute to the toxic, circlejerk forum mentality that the HaterZ like to say we cultivate and foster :Toxic:

Watching Instinct/Reciprocity last night - Pistola's attitude is horrendous. I think we all understand how horrendous Halo 3 online can be, especially in MCC. But last night after they lost to Tox and were not knocked out of the UGC qualifier, he went on a rant about how badly he plays online and despite that he's won multiple events and multiple event MVPs despite his online performances - which I will not dispute, nor will anyone - he is absolutely correct. He is one of the best Halo players of all time, especially in Halo 3 he is incredible. But that should not be an excuse to be playing Fortnite when your other 3 teammates are playing. If I were Lunchbox, Roy, or Snipedown - I would personally be pissed.

But there have been multiple times where Lunchbox, Roy, and Snipedown have been playing the Hardcore playlist as a team of 3 and Pistola is nowhere to be found - at times they've said he's been playing Fortnite during that time, he's sleeping, or just simply something else other than getting on and playing with his team. The team finally gets together for these qualifiers and has been first rounded, or has lost 2-0 leads in a BO5 such as they did last night. 

There's a reason players such as Tusk, NYSea, even Shele - granted it's online thus far, have gotten their names out there for their performances so far in MCC. These guys are grinding - either in the playlist or with their teams during these qualifiers, and they are now becoming known because of it. This reminds me of the transition from Halo 3 to Halo Reach - when players like Lethul (who started to become more well known in 2010 during Halo 3) grinded and had practice on LAN going into the opener, got 2nd place as a result, and then went on to win an event during that same season because of the work he put into the game when his opportunity presented itself.

There's the famous quote “Luck Is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity." If you aren't willing to take the time to play with your team, for a team game that requires incredible amounts of teamwork to be successful, do not complain when you are losing to those who are working harder than you are. 

I would love to be proven wrong come the UGC event - but the trend so far is not one that is doing Instinct/Reciprocity any favors. 

Not sure why people think they should just come back and be the best and assume that times or themselves haven't changed. Dudes like Fantasy and Evadur and plenty of others have been grinding H3 since the beginning even before the launch of MCC back when plenty of us were still grinding on 360 way after Xbox one. Pretty solid crew of H3 lifers and no reason to think they shouldn't be at the top of the pack since they have been doing it for years while everyone was rolling that H5 garbage. Was watching evadur the other night in the qualifier and as much as I hate that kid from getting spanked by him on his host all the time I have to give him mad respect his map movement while making crazy plays was impeccable. Dude makes S1 to S3 while getting a triple kill seem like nothing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

On 12/22/2018 at 8:12 PM, Proto said:

I'm gonna make a post that will possibly rub some people the wrong way but will also contribute to the toxic, circlejerk forum mentality that the HaterZ like to say we cultivate and foster :Toxic:

Watching Instinct/Reciprocity last night - Pistola's attitude is horrendous. I think we all understand how horrendous Halo 3 online can be, especially in MCC. But last night after they lost to Tox and were not knocked out of the UGC qualifier, he went on a rant about how badly he plays online and despite that he's won multiple events and multiple event MVPs despite his online performances - which I will not dispute, nor will anyone - he is absolutely correct. He is one of the best Halo players of all time, especially in Halo 3 he is incredible. But that should not be an excuse to be playing Fortnite when your other 3 teammates are playing. If I were Lunchbox, Roy, or Snipedown - I would personally be pissed.

But there have been multiple times where Lunchbox, Roy, and Snipedown have been playing the Hardcore playlist as a team of 3 and Pistola is nowhere to be found - at times they've said he's been playing Fortnite during that time, he's sleeping, or just simply something else other than getting on and playing with his team. The team finally gets together for these qualifiers and has been first rounded, or has lost 2-0 leads in a BO5 such as they did last night. 

There's a reason players such as Tusk, NYSea, even Shele - granted it's online thus far, have gotten their names out there for their performances so far in MCC. These guys are grinding - either in the playlist or with their teams during these qualifiers, and they are now becoming known because of it. This reminds me of the transition from Halo 3 to Halo Reach - when players like Lethul (who started to become more well known in 2010 during Halo 3) grinded and had practice on LAN going into the opener, got 2nd place as a result, and then went on to win an event during that same season because of the work he put into the game when his opportunity presented itself.

There's the famous quote “Luck Is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity." If you aren't willing to take the time to play with your team, for a team game that requires incredible amounts of teamwork to be successful, do not complain when you are losing to those who are working harder than you are. 

I would love to be proven wrong come the UGC event - but the trend so far is not one that is doing Instinct/Reciprocity any favors. 

To add something to this: Ola said he wants to scrim, and just playing MM where you hold forward hurts you more than it help.

Also, the game discussions he held with Roybox(and at times Snip3down chipping in) the last qualifier were pretty great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 12/22/2018 at 2:21 PM, Knighty Knight said:

Obviously nades are always instant but if your boxes have been on a while & the switch is running hot.. I've seen magical things. 

LAN isn't this perfect place where everything goes right. 

My contention wasn’t that LAN was a magical place where nothing goes wrong; my contention was I have seen nothing remotely this bad in any of my LAN experience. Even with Boxes and switches “running hot”.

5 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

I'm really glad we are going back to simpler times.

I dunno man, I finally reinstalled MCC last night and was reminded all over again of how mediocre H3 is.  I love watching pro-level H3 but it's such a frustrating game to play (floaty movement, BR nonsense etc.).  At least when I die in H5 I'm not mad (rather, some guy just outplayed me); when I die in H3 I feel like it's 50% the game's fault.  Hopefully Infinite will give us the crispness of H5 with the general settings of H3

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

29 minutes ago, valaea said:

I dunno man, I finally reinstalled MCC last night and was reminded all over again of how mediocre H3 is.  I love watching pro-level H3 but it's such a frustrating game to play (floaty movement, BR nonsense etc.).  At least when I die in H5 I'm not mad (rather, some guy just outplayed me); when I die in H3 I feel like it's 50% the game's fault.  Hopefully Infinite will give us the crispness of H5 with the general settings of H3

Halo 3 is definitely more fun to watch than it is to play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 6

6 hours ago, Hully said:

Halo 3 is definitely more fun to watch than it is to play.

This x1000.

It's easily the best spectator Halo.

But it's one of the worst online experiences.

• Like (+1) 1