FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

So I hear we can embed Twitch clips now?

Might as well post this classic then.

BTW I came across this channel a few weeks ago, they just stream old MLG Halo tournaments. Good stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

What are the dates for UGC St.Louis again? I need to make sure I stock up on Mountain Dew and Doritos to make it feel like 2010 again while I watch the stream :intensifies::weback:.

22 minutes ago, JORGE said:

So I hear we can embed Twitch clips now?

Might as well post this classic then.

BTW I came across this channel a few weeks ago, they just stream old MLG Halo tournaments. Good stuff.

That’s the homie @Powlas , he plays too but I’m assuming he’s busy with the fam for the holidays so he’s just running tournament VoD for the time being.

4 minutes ago, PLaTaNo said:

What are the dates for UGC St.Louis again? I need to make sure I stock up on Mountain Dew and Doritos to make it feel like 2010 again while I watch the stream :intensifies::weback:.

January 11-13. Not sure if times have been given yet.

Also if you really want somebody to play MCC with, I can probably play. But I hated Halo 3, therefore rarely played it, and therefore kind of suck. But if you want to play anyway feel free to add me and invite me if you see me online. GT: SilosTheVillain

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

this Shele kid is pretty good.  and you know the pros are salty if they're literally posting multiple clips of Shele's host to excuse their loss lmao

also if Shele's host is in Tibet or whatever, how has he not won literally every qualifier so far?  somehow teams other than Tox were able to beat this guy

• Upvote (+1) 2

Almost 2019 and people still don't understand just how strong a good host is lmao. Even if someone isn't bad a God host will literally make you Jesus online. Having almost a LANlike connection against people playing the game online (especially one as broken as MCC and H3) is hilariously one sided. 

You can say it's an excuse all you want but it's a damn huge one. A huge example to go off of is Fortnite. At around 80 ping you can't turbo build fast enough to stop people from shooting you through your walls. If you play on less than that you will never ever take damage. Yet if someone on higher ping complained people would still say "lol blaming connection."

Come on now. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

13 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Almost 2019 and people still don't understand just how strong a good host is lmao. Even if someone isn't bad a God host will literally make you Jesus online. Having almost a LANlike connection against people playing the game online (especially one as broken as MCC and H3) is hilariously one sided. 

You can say it's an excuse all you want but it's a damn huge one. A huge example to go off of is Fortnite. At around 80 ping you can't turbo build fast enough to stop people from shooting you through your walls. If you play on less than that you will never ever take damage. Yet if someone on higher ping complained people would still say "lol blaming connection."

Come on now. 

It's the same for any online game really.  I was playing H5 yesterday and getting blanks left right and centre in some games, and others were fine.  Fighting games are even more evident of a shaky connection.  

"LAG!" is ever gamer's go-to excuse so it gets ignored a lot but connection is way more important than some people want to admit. 

1 hour ago, Silos said:

January 11-13. Not sure if times have been given yet.

Also if you really want somebody to play MCC with, I can probably play. But I hated Halo 3, therefore rarely played it, and therefore kind of suck. But if you want to play anyway feel free to add me and invite me if you see me online. GT: SilosTheVillain

I’ma add you. I’m always down for any Halo really, preferably H2 and H3.

1 hour ago, Trespa5s said:

It's the same for any online game really.  

Halo mmc ce would like a word. Also spread is the culprit in a good bit of those lag clips. Not the one lethul posted tho

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

Halo mmc ce would like a word. Also spread is the culprit in a good bit of those lag clips. Not the one lethul posted tho

Wait are you saying lag isn't an issue for CE on MCC?  Because I seriously beg to differ on that one. 

1 hour ago, Proto said:

I'm gonna make a post that will possibly rub some people the wrong way but will also contribute to the toxic, circlejerk forum mentality that the HaterZ like to say we cultivate and foster :Toxic:

Watching Instinct/Reciprocity last night - Pistola's attitude is horrendous. I think we all understand how horrendous Halo 3 online can be, especially in MCC. But last night after they lost to Tox and were not knocked out of the UGC qualifier, he went on a rant about how badly he plays online and despite that he's won multiple events and multiple event MVPs despite his online performances - which I will not dispute, nor will anyone - he is absolutely correct. He is one of the best Halo players of all time, especially in Halo 3 he is incredible. But that should not be an excuse to be playing Fortnite when your other 3 teammates are playing. If I were Lunchbox, Roy, or Snipedown - I would personally be pissed.

But there have been multiple times where Lunchbox, Roy, and Snipedown have been playing the Hardcore playlist as a team of 3 and Pistola is nowhere to be found - at times they've said he's been playing Fortnite during that time, he's sleeping, or just simply something else other than getting on and playing with his team. The team finally gets together for these qualifiers and has been first rounded, or has lost 2-0 leads in a BO5 such as they did last night. 

There's a reason players such as Tusk, NYSea, even Shele - granted it's online thus far, have gotten their names out there for their performances so far in MCC. These guys are grinding - either in the playlist or with their teams during these qualifiers, and they are now becoming known because of it. This reminds me of the transition from Halo 3 to Halo Reach - when players like Lethul (who started to become more well known in 2010 during Halo 3) grinded and had practice on LAN going into the opener, got 2nd place as a result, and then went on to win an event during that same season because of the work he put into the game when his opportunity presented itself.

There's the famous quote “Luck Is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity." If you aren't willing to take the time to play with your team, for a team game that requires incredible amounts of teamwork to be successful, do not complain when you are losing to those who are working harder than you are. 

I would love to be proven wrong come the UGC event - but the trend so far is not one that is doing Instinct/Reciprocity any favors. 

Today he was complaining that about online qualifiers being run during Christmas week because it give him "no time to recharge his battery". If he feels already drained when he's not even playing much then I think there's a real problem there. I know online Halo can produce some frustration, but it seems like he's just simply not enjoying his time playing Halo.

It might be best for Pistola to just not touch Halo at all for a week. While practice time is limited considering how close the event is, if playing is nothing but frustrating then grinding might do more harm then good. He might be better off taking some time to recharge, get into a positive mental attitude, and come back hungry and ready to  get back into the swing of things.

In any case, I don't think it's wrong for anyone to feel a little concerned about what his performance and practice regiment are going to be like for this tournament considering he hasn't really displayed a lot of positive enthusiasm since the switch to H3 while most other old pros show more excitement than frustration concerning the chance to compete in H3 again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Noodle said:

Today he was complaining that about online qualifiers being run during Christmas week because it give him "no time to recharge his battery". If he feels already drained when he's not even playing much then I think there's a real problem there. I know online Halo can produce some frustration, but it seems like he's just simply not enjoying his time playing Halo.

It might be best for Pistola to just not touch Halo at all for a week. While practice time is limited considering how close the event is, if playing is nothing but frustrating then grinding might do more harm then good. He might be better off taking some time to recharge, get into a positive mental attitude, and come back hungry and ready to  get back into the swing of things.

In any case, I don't think it's wrong for anyone to feel a little concerned about what his performance and practice regiment are going to be like for this tournament considering he hasn't really displayed a lot of positive enthusiasm since the switch to H3 while most other old pros show more excitement than frustration concerning the chance to compete in H3 again.

To address the point about playing the weekend before Christmas - the team themselves today these are nothing more than practice to them. In that case - no one is forcing them to play in them - so they should not complain. 

As far as him feeling burned out, it's entirely possible and no one would blame him if he decided to step away because of that. In the time leading up to when the team was announced - to what we knew as fans - Snipedown, Roy and Lunch we're unaware if Pistola was even going to play/join the team in the first place and the attitude he's presented is that this is a burden more than it is something he is doing because he wants to and in the process enjoys doing so. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

6 hours ago, 72826 said:

Knighty... :wutface: Nades take 7 seconds to come out on LAN? Host lags through two headshots bottom of a base on LAN? I've had quite a bit of H3 LAN experience, and not one time did I see anything remotely close to what is shown in those two clips... C'mon, bruh. :lxthul:

Obviously nades are always instant but if your boxes have been on a while & the switch is running hot.. I've seen magical things. 

LAN isn't this perfect place where everything goes right. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I used to be able to click the thread and it would take me to the first unread post since i last visited. How do I do that now?

3 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

Wait are you saying lag isn't an issue for CE on MCC?  Because I seriously beg to differ on that one. 

I thought the comment was about host advantage as the previous post was. Ce on mcc has host disadvantage. There are plenty of lag issues. 

22 minutes ago, GunRanger said:

I used to be able to click the thread and it would take me to the first unread post since i last visited. How do I do that now?

Click the icon on the left of the thread title

• Simms (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Riddler said:

Ce on mcc has host disadvantage. There are plenty of lag issues. 

Oh yea I know that.  I was referring to good/bad connection in general not host (dis)advantage.