CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, OpIvy said:

Maybe late on this, havent caught up since the site came back, but mikwen heading to the 343 pro team? apparently 343 is rebuilding the pro team for infinite. coincides with mikwen's retirement due to an opportunity that won't allow him to compete. if so, congrats and hyped. mikwen always comes off as a fairly grounded guy that can communicate what the game needs well.

if we can expect more people like him on the team then this a great sign because he isn't afraid to shut down a dumb idea

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

On 12/17/2018 at 10:29 PM, TheIcePrincess said:

Felt nice to play, story rocked, atmosphere was great, multiplayer hooked me. Could rave, lol.

H4s campaign was sick af Ill give it that

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

this 343 social stream basically confirms mid-2020 release (they're still building the engine, etc.); I'd hope for March for maybe more like June.  also MS is launching two new consoles in 2020 (successor to the X / S), no way they don't use Infinite as a launch title

3 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

Totally OT, but does anyone have some solid tips for not tilting off the face of the planet so easily?  I truly do enjoy the game, but when I lose a gunfight because I get a slow turn (or some other nonsense) I just lose it. 

Tips to rage less:

- Listen to music.

- Find a sentence or phrase that makes you laugh and when you die, you say it. For example I had a friend that would say "Poseiden's Salty Bullthole!" every time he died and even when he was furious it made him chuckle.

- Try to analyze why you died instead of insta-blame something. So if you died from a flank, try and figure out how they flanked and how you could avoid it. If you think of it critically like that it feels better than being negative.

- Don't ever say "I'll play until I win one". It just doesn't work and when you win it won't be the fulfilling experience you crave. Instead the losses will just compile into more haterade.

- State that you're going to retire on twitter and live tweet the breakdown that follows.

- Preorder Halo Wars 2.

- Invest in Lindacoin.

- Start the #1 esports gambling site in the world.

- Get a gold rep bar on Beyond.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

giphy.gif

Hey Beyond you sexy mother fucker!!!

Yo, great job everyone involved in the the look and additions to the site.
Shit is super sexy.
Here's to 2019.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Humpflung said:

Ahhhh! New format. Im lost. Is this TeamBeyond:Reach or TeamBeyond 4?

:kappa:

Beyond is your first game of Halo 2 on xbox live. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Just now, Jake Teh Nub said:

So rumble snipers on Ascension? That was mine.

Not my fault you can’t superbounce :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TheSimms said:

Anyone found to be using my face as a means of reaction will be automatically invoiced for 13,000 beyond (bYd) coins for toxic brand infringement.

We'll all pay you back at the Beyond LAN.

• Thonking (+0) 4

2 hours ago, TheSimms said:

Anyone found to be using my face as a means of reaction will be automatically invoiced for 13,000 beyond (bYd) coins for toxic brand infringement.

AGL Brad said he will be paying on my behalf. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

16 minutes ago, GunRanger said:

Only complaint about the new site is that posts are too close to each other. Theres no seperation 

#inverseopinion: I like it because more posts can fit per page.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TheSimms said:

e0zaU3q.gif

• Simms (+1) 9
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Simms when he sees this thread and all the Beyond (bYd) coins he's going to get.

DeOXV0q.png

• Simms (+1) 5
  • Toxic (+1) 1