CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, Hully said:

You can still negrep, but now it comes in the form of a salt shaker. 

Shit. I meant accidental neg repping lol.

AKA the classic 'accidental neg' posts 

OVER 24 HOURS FOR THIS?

But for real: Finally being able to see who applied what rep on Mobile is actually awesome.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Maybe late on this, havent caught up since the site came back, but mikwen heading to the 343 pro team? apparently 343 is rebuilding the pro team for infinite. coincides with mikwen's retirement due to an opportunity that won't allow him to compete. if so, congrats and hyped. mikwen always comes off as a fairly grounded guy that can communicate what the game needs well.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OpIvy said:

Maybe late on this, havent caught up since the site came back, but mikwen heading to the 343 pro team? apparently 343 is rebuilding the pro team for infinite. coincides with mikwen's retirement due to an opportunity that won't allow him to compete. if so, congrats and hyped. mikwen always comes off as a fairly grounded guy that can communicate what the game needs well.

Another thing that surprised me from the stream. Apparently they already have a build of Infinite and they're running it in 4 player split screen. For some reason I thought they were far away from having a playable build.

• Simms (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Terraform FPS said:

Another thing that surprised me from the stream. Apparently they already have a build of Infinite and they're running it in 4 player split screen. For some reason I thought they were far away from having a playable build.

Its not really very surprising. I haven't seen what you're referencing so maybe there was more context but being able to load something up and do something in game can mean a lot of different things and doesn't necessarily indicate a lot other than that they're working on the game

32 minutes ago, Terraform FPS said:

You always have a playable build, without one a big portion of your team will work suboptimally. How the build looks and functions though is a whole other discussion.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:23 AM, ChieftaiNZ said:

Oh so instead of placed power weapons which are usually in places you can contest for them, you'd rather they deliver direct, so that they can still proceed to kill you because they still have a god damn power weapon and you don't, except they didn't have to make an effort to contest in an equal opportunity area, where you could've killed them before they got the power weapon.

Because working for map control while slaying the enemy team to take the power weapons isn't working for them, but jerking off with a DMR at the back of the map is.

Yeah that makes complete sense. 

Talking from a social perspective, where I rarely, if ever sweat it out as a team of four (Because gross), the fact power weapons are in equal areas of the map does nothing to alleviate the fact I can't control teammates, and Halo as a game is inherently flawed around the idea of slow killtimes, which just exacerbate numbers games and collapses, even if it's a simple 3v4. You could literally work your ass off to run to a weapon, fight for it, and be dicked out purely because there's one more person than you while someone else on your side is running shotty or sword (Pit, for a proper example). Regardless of your skill. And the fact the centerplaced power weapon (Most of the time, rockets) is the only one on the map is just dicks. Like, yeah, the one solo weapon only one team can have happens to generally be the one that's guaranteed brainless, with a guaranteed four kills at max. Nice.

I'll take social ordnance any day when it stops me from having to rely on numbers advantages (Which can literally come down to pure circumstance) and teammate's skills to actually contest a free killmachine. Even if my team sucks, and I'm the only one able to put a dent in (As has been the case, lol), I can still get a good power weapon/up and still contest the enemy who'll have the same shit as me on a general level, rather than bending over and taking it because I can't contest a rocket or a sniper rifle with my (GENERALLY) dinky starting weapon and nothing else. Giving me the ability to fight back over just accepting the steamroll is 10x better in my eyes. I don't care how competitive it is, luckily I never play for ranks. Either way I'm gonna be killed by bullshit. Let me have some bullshit over deciding one team can get bullshit by simply playing into Halo's worst flaw.

In comp, like a 4v4 where it's a guaranteed set of two teams going at it (Yunno, at any level played for money) on LAN, do whatever the hell you want, obviously. Even if I think it's dumb a brainless gun can literally determine a tournament's prize winnings, I'm not dealing with that stuff. Other people can deal with it. And I'd rather dip from that, lol.

I'd still rather have none, don't get me wrong. Straight gunfights. Stop allowing me to be killed by shit I can't contest, lol. But as I said, if I need to deal with shit mechanics, at least give me access to those shit mechanics in turn.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 5
  • Salt (-1) 3

Zyos actually being back is completely bananas

can anyone give me a tl:dw for the 343 social stream? can’t listen to audio right now ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can I get #ClassicBeyondFan hats made? :kappa:

The things I heard from the stream sound pretty great so far. Doesn't solve the problem I have with the franchise, but good news that is somewhat irrelevant to me personally is still good news. 

Totally OT, but does anyone have some solid tips for not tilting off the face of the planet so easily?  I truly do enjoy the game, but when I lose a gunfight because I get a slow turn (or some other nonsense) I just lose it. 

10 minutes ago, Llamaas said:

Black Undersuits confirmed 

Halo Infinite will have Halo Reach Inspired Player Customization, Brian acknowledged that many fans view reach's customization as the best iteration and said fans of reach's customization will be pleased

I'm so happy about this. Classic art style with Spartans that actually look like spartans is going to be awesome. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Totally OT, but does anyone have some solid tips for not tilting off the face of the planet so easily?  I truly do enjoy the game, but when I lose a gunfight because I get a slow turn (or some other nonsense) I just lose it. 

i drink

... which just makes me rage harder. stay sober?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

13 minutes ago, Joseph said:

So about that spectator mode. 

343 is too busy with modern aiming for the next 4 months, try maybe next summer. 

• Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Scarecrow said:

Can it be? Has a fallen god returned?

Anyone else have just a black box instead of a properly embedded stream?

Also, I'm so pleasantly shocked to see my favorite Halo player of all time start streaming out of nowhere! As someone who didn't start following competitive Halo until 2008 he's been mostly just a legend to me. Now I get to ask him questions in chat and fill in my Halo history. So happy to have the night off today.

Richard Jefferson, the man was on the team that  came back from down 3-1 to beat Golden State? And he's a Halo fan. 

It's a good day. 

• Like (+1) 1

Shotzzy streaming H3 (?!) ... it's pretty crazy that I can actually still tell that it's him, his shot is very twitchy but very precise, and his movement is interesting

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 4