FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

And from I saw on twitter....patch n legend are going too....whew

This event is going to be incredible

This event is going to be incredible

Could be great exposure for competitive CE. I'm hoping the community comes through. 

Anyone know what Royal 2's plans are? He seems to be playing H3. Weird to see him not with Snakebite

Anyone know what Royal 2's plans are? He seems to be playing H3. Weird to see him not with Snakebite

He said the prize pool wasn't worth it for this tournament. 

is it just me or is 3am a bit ridiculous for a grand final? I want to watch until the end but my eyes won't let me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

is it just me or is 3am a bit ridiculous for a grand final? I want to watch until the end but my eyes won't let me. 

and I bet you were on here complaining about championship monday...smh

/s

• Upvote (+1) 2

Horrible ran tournament by UGC. 2 am and its not even finals yet?? Sheesh..

It’s a joke, they have no idea what they’re doing. Wrong gametypes, making up rules on the fly, wrong bracket, over an hour delay in start time, and their website doesn’t even work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Patch and Legend are in too, via twitter.

Ogre 1 said something about needing to be guaranteed to play against a top team to make a flight? Idk

I mean...patch and legend and McDick and Jownz.

Sounds like ogre 1 needs to come :D

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have a strong feeling that the Ogres would lose to either Legend/Patch or Jowns/McDick if they enter this UGC tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even if he did, Ogre 2 would also need to come, and that's even less likely it seems.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It’s a joke, they have no idea what they’re doing. Wrong gametypes, making up rules on the fly, wrong bracket, over an hour delay in start time, and their website doesn’t even work.

I wanna be mad but they have three years until Halo 6 to figure it out so we'll be alright.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have a strong feeling that the Ogres would lost to either Legend/Patch or Jowns/McDick if they enter this UGC tournament.

Guys who have been playing together on LAN virtually this entire time and who were top tier players back in CE hayday vs the CE GOATs who haven’t lived on the same continent in almost a decade? Yeah, the Ogres are the best, but even the best have to practice on LAN together. I feel they would be the underdogs simply because of lack of LAN practice. Everyone knows MCC doesn’t count. If they play and lose, it’s not because they’re worse, it’s because they’re missing a decade of solid LAN practice that the other team has.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have a strong feeling that the Ogres would lost to either Legend/Patch or Jowns/McDick if they enter this UGC tournament.

I only follow look at people's Avatars, and I spent a good minute wondering when I posted in this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since we're all bashing UGC right now, I feel like I should contribute my fair share.

I got asked last-minute to fill in as a sub in the first online qualifier last week. Round 1, the second map was Guardian oddball. Partway through the game, teammate #1 purposely (without warning the rest of us) does the ball glitch on elbow, where you can throw it down a crevice or something and it just sits there until it resets. Doesn't really seem like a glitch because it's a spot on the map and you can't actually hold the ball there so we weren't getting time or anything like that. Basically just an extended play-ball.

Anyways we end up coming back to win the game, so obviously the other team reports us for "cheating". Of course, there are no rules in UGC's rulebook or whatever that say anything about ball glitching on Guardian. Nothing (at the time of the first qualifier at least). So my team is also talking to a UCG rep at the same time the other team is, and this ref just tells us to replay it. Because why not just make up replay rules on the spot, no big deal.

So we agree to replay, and at this point we actually have motivation to win (the other 3 guys just needed me as a 4th so they could get points for showing up). And I shit you not, less than a minute into the replay, teammate #2 goes to play the ball on elbow and accidentally does the ball glitch again because he didn't actually know where the glitch location was. The 3 of us were shook, couldn't believe he actually did it.

The game was ended, the other team just assumed the win, and we got first-rounded lol. Don't get me wrong, if I were on the other team I would think some seriously shady stuff was happening, and I realize my team looked bad for letting it happen a second time.

But my point is, HAVE A COMPLETE RULEBOOK.

• Upvote (+1) 9