CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

REC says "HCS season" like it's a proper HCS season ...?  Maybe they know something we don't.  The CoD community knows REC's owner as "the rich guy" so I guess he doesn't care about losing money

can't quite tell but it looks like Instinct already lost in the qualifier?

50/49. Snipedown missed a lunge :/

Neighbour lagged out mid Pit TS and Quo still won.  "Yo we were up 8 when mason lagged out we did better without you."  

thought it was a power outtage at first (apparently the weather is shit for him rn) but he said nothing else went out so maybe some sketch kids hitting offline. 

Just finished watching.

They definitely accomplished their goal of “experiential escalation” of watching the trailer for the first time. It also seems they’re on the right track with bringing back that sense of wonder and exploration that was so prevalent in CE. I see the elements of the “soft reboot” that was being talked about shortly after the game was announced at E3.

Also those renders of the Master Chief helmet were absolute

• Upvote (+1) 5

This definitely elevated my optimism for this game, but I am still nonetheless very cautious as it is almost impossible at this point to not take 343’s track record into consideration...

Admittedly they've been getting better over time.  They hit a low point with the launch of MCC and stayed their until mid H5 but have been on the rise since.  I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.  

Just figured I'd point out that we once again got a slayer game 1 and Bo3 from UGC. 

Yea APG went off in Snip3's chat about it.  Don't understand why it's BO3, and REALLY don't understand why TS is first.  

Just figured I'd point out that we once again got a slayer game 1 and Bo3 from UGC. 

And, once again, the Bo5 series they did schedule has three slayers instead of two CTFs. I really hope this doesn't end up being reflective of what St. Louis will be like.

These UGC tournaments are poorly ran, pretty sad.

It would be less of a mess if players were responsible enough to sign up on time. Also ugc gotta fix the format. 3 slayers in a bo5 is so bad.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Do any of them read this thread? I don't personally know who works there but maybe we could just @ them and help them set out a series that makes sense. I'm sure a million people from random forum kids to pro players would be willing to help

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is no one on Tox streaming?

Snakebite was saying the team didnt want to stream tonight because its their first time playing together and they want to talk things over between games. Also said that they'll start streaming scrims/tournaments soon.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why are we doing B03s instead of B05s...seriously even ESL as incompetent as they were managed to get that shit right.

I mean I know we’re dealing with an amateur hour TO here and not MLG but this really shouldn’t be that difficult.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some notable teams tonight(with changes from last qualifier):

Europeans: Flamez, Phlux, Snakey, hollerseu
End Result: Gilkey, Burton, DARKscorpion, Moniz
BtH: Cloud, Ryanoob, Demon D, bubu
GMS: Fantasy, Gabriel, Zurka, Goofy
Anaheim Pirates: eL Town, Str8 Sick, Commonly, Aries (-Assault, +eLTown)
Reign: EvaduR, IceVayne, Arkanum, HunterJjx
Inconceivable: Falcated, Neptune, Spartan, Sabinater (-Scarvayne, -Articc, +Spartan, +Sabinater)
Meteor: Adrenaline, Syur, XLEK, Secktor
cL eSports: Bullet, Atzo, Drift, ILedShadow
Instinct: Lunchbox, Roy, Snip3down, Ola
New Kind: Blaze, PreDevonator, ScarVayne, FatalCH (-Klepto, -zBret, +ScarVayne, +FatalCH)
Lets Get This Money: TireIron, Posey, SickStory, Gor3
Tox: Eco, aPG, Lethul, Snakebite
sdvgbdhddfhdf: NYSea, Munoz, Wombat, BryanColangelo
Status Quo: Neighbor, , Flamesword, Ace (-Bestman, +Assault)
Victorious Secret: Swift Kill, Stormy, Exerted, SaiyxN (-InStiiNcT, +SaiyxN)
Rat Pack: Tusk, Guntype, Wensoarr, FIRE (-NYSea, +Guntype)
Gimme My Money: Reliable, SiickaThanYoAvg, Sargoth, NateCova

Still kinda hoping to see the return of 09NationalChampNiac

• Upvote (+1) 2

And, once again, the Bo5 series they did schedule has three slayers instead of two CTFs. I really hope this doesn't end up being reflective of what St. Louis will be like.

I would hope that players are offering criticism and these sort of things to UGC people directly

• Upvote (+1) 1