CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

By variable conditions, he's referring to the "mud". When a box gets hot, looking around can feel sluggish, and shooting feels...bad. "Variable" is the perfect word for it, because it fluctuates pretty wildly. When NHE is working correctly, it's amazing, but when it gets bad, I've never felt that level of muddiness playing on-off. They're probably sidestepping a lot of complaints from players by running on-off.

I can tell you from firsthand experience, adjusting to playing NHE against players that are already better than you can be extremely frustrating.

Edit: Also, some Xboxes are just straight up better than others, and testing them to see how fast they are is quite the process. Another reason why Dman's LANs in Virginia are so stellar. He's done all that, tested all the boxes, and only uses the best of the best. His level of preparation is truly incredible.

For the people reading this but not discussing. There are two sides to this. Most of what hard way is saying has not been proven. The feeling of inconsistency is just players opinions after playing alot of Halo. I personally think that the hardware is not the cause of these perceived inconsistencies.

The second part about xboxes not being created equal is due to the silicon lottery. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some notable teams tonight(with changes from last qualifier):

Europeans: Flamez, Phlux, Snakey, hollerseu
End Result: Gilkey, Burton, DARKscorpion, Moniz
BtH: Cloud, Ryanoob, Demon D, bubu
GMS: Fantasy, Gabriel, Zurka, Goofy
Anaheim Pirates: eL Town, Str8 Sick, Commonly, Aries (-Assault, +eLTown)
Reign: EvaduR, IceVayne, Arkanum, HunterJjx
Inconceivable: Falcated, Neptune, Spartan, Sabinater (-Scarvayne, -Articc, +Spartan, +Sabinater)
Meteor: Adrenaline, Syur, XLEK, Secktor
cL eSports: Bullet, Atzo, Drift, ILedShadow
Instinct: Lunchbox, Roy, Snip3down, Ola
New Kind: Blaze, PreDevonator, ScarVayne, FatalCH (-Klepto, -zBret, +ScarVayne, +FatalCH)
Lets Get This Money: TireIron, Posey, SickStory, Gor3
Tox: Eco, aPG, Lethul, Snakebite
sdvgbdhddfhdf: NYSea, Munoz, Wombat, BryanColangelo
Status Quo: Neighbor, , Flamesword, Ace (-Bestman, +Assault)
Victorious Secret: Swift Kill, Stormy, Exerted, SaiyxN (-InStiiNcT, +SaiyxN)
Rat Pack: Tusk, Guntype, Wensoarr, FIRE (-NYSea, +Guntype)
Gimme My Money: Reliable, SiickaThanYoAvg, Sargoth, NateCova

Flamesword posted on Twitter that they weren't playing tonight, but I also didn't see them on the list at that time so I don't know if they figured it out afterwards or what. 

Flamesword posted on Twitter that they weren't playing tonight, but I also didn't see them on the list at that time so I don't know if they figured it out afterwards or what.

They're there as sQ, and Ace said on stream that he would go to the gym to later return and stream the qualifier.

I wanted so badly to photo Roy and Lunch in Instinct jerseys for STL :(

Team Instinct brought to you by Reciprocity Gaming. 

They're there as sQ, and Ace said on stream that he would go to the gym to later return and stream the qualifier.

OK nice.  

Also, it looks like Instinct is indeed going to be the Rec roster, otherwise this is pretty fantastic timing

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really pumped up about the ce tourney! I’m an old school player who enjoys halo 1 and 2 more than halo 3, so ugc stepping up and including halo 1 for people like me is awesome. Especially with how much effort must go into setting something old school like that up..shout-out teapot, devil man and all the other old school guys for taking time out of their days to explain all the new nuances of halo 1!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been trying to sign up a team for the past hour and i can't, feelsbadman. 

If it's like last week then it's capped at 64 teams and it's full :/

Man ogre 1 and 2 have never lost a 2 vs 2... this shit is going to pretty epic...is ogre 1 going to be using the duke? Does anyone know where killer n is? Zyos? Darkman? Shizz?

If it's like last week then it's capped at 64 teams and it's full :/

It's full now but when i tried to sign up like 50 min ago it wasn't, website just wouldn't load.

It's full now but when i tried to sign up like 50 min ago it wasn't, website just wouldn't loading.

Ahhhh OK.  Well then yes that is indeed a feelsbadman. 

I wonder how many players and orgs are going to come back when the HCS restarts with Infinite, and how many we've seen the last of. 

I wonder how many players and orgs are going to come back when the HCS restarts with Infinite, and how many we've seen the last of. 

If there's money, they'll be back.