CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

In other news, Flamesword is currently in a discord chat with people regarding the Status Down/Triggers Quo/OpTic Halo/Whatever the fuck you call it roster. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

UGC St Louis is using the newest version of Halo (NHE 1.0), but it will be an on host-off host tournament. The only real changes are the talking timer, no pistol spread, Downrush (which is unlikely to be used) and fewer sounds that give away too much information.

Cool...

but pistol spread?  wut?

and what is downrush?

Cool...

but pistol spread?  wut?

and what is downrush?

The magnum in CE has bloom, NHE 1.0 doesn't. Downrush is a map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has pistola got a team yet or is he not competing? Pistola on that roster making it the original h2a EG team would be perfect!

Looks like he's waiting on Patch's response but I'm sure he can get whoever else he asks.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Has pistola got a team yet or is he not competing? Pistola on that roster making it the original h2a EG team would be perfect!

The link to his roster is like 3 posts above yours.

Instinct - Roy, Lunchbox, Snipedown, Pistola

• Upvote (+1) 1

except pistola is a thousand times more deadly when hitmarkers are removed

• Upvote (+1) 8

The link to his roster is like 3 posts above yours.

Instinct - Roy, Lunchbox, Snipedown, Pistola

Doesn't say pistola when i click on the link? The page is really messed up on mobile though, things on top of eachother and stuff. Only says roy, lunch and snipedown for me. Just checked make sure im not losing my marbles haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't say pistola when i click on the link? The page is really messed up on mobile though, things on top of eachother and stuff. Only says roy, lunch and snipedown for me. Just checked make sure im not losing my marbles haha

There's no text, but if you click under the 4th profile pic u go to Ola's profile. Also in landscape you see the end of his name underneath an image. In chrome(and I think Opera) u should be able to request the desktop site, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. Rotate your phone/mobile device to wide view.

2. Scroll down.

3.???????

4. Profit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's no text, but if you click under the 4th profile pic u go to Ola's profile. Also in landscape you see the end of his name underneath an image. In chrome(and I think Opera) u should be able to request the desktop site, though.

Ah yes landscape seems to correct the site, thanks

UGC St Louis is using the newest version of Halo (NHE 1.0), but it will be an on host-off host tournament. 

They're going to use a neutral host version of the game...and still have hosts? 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Basically, ya

Also, it'll be played on CRT TVs.  They're going full throwback mode for this one. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm pretty indifferent on it. I love NHE and am used to it. I would rather play NHE in the tournament for those reasons as well as the fact that it cuts the series in half and that my hands can't keep up with those long hours like I'm used to.

There are pros and cons to this. As a throwback tournament, my guess is that they are hoping for as many old players as possible to come out. The majority of those old players have no idea about NHE and there really isn't enough time to practice for those players. The major difference is aiming your shots correctly on neutral host, which takes time to adjust to, as well as new maps which I don't expect to see in the tournament. A lot of people feel like NHE requires more lead than off-host which creates an inconsistency in shooting.

The NHE team ended up removing the pistol spread entirely to help with the issue and it's really only noticeable when cross-mapping like on Hang Em. This version of the game will have the in-game timer, and it's very easy to cycle through the different versions of the game. The Vehicle selection trait in the options rotates through NHE, Training Mode, On/OFF and I think a nade practice mode, so players on the side can easily switch. Depending on the set up at UGC, many in-game noises have been removed preventing the other team from getting free audio cues off your TV.

I would rather play NHE than on/off personally but that's been the big debate over the past two years within the active LAN groups. The old school players most likely have no idea about any of this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty indifferent on it. I love NHE and am used to it. I would rather play NHE in the tournament for those reasons as well as the fact that it cuts the series in half and that my hands can't keep up with those long hours like I'm used to.

There are pros and cons to this. As a throwback tournament, my guess is that they are hoping for as many old players as possible to come out. The majority of those old players have no idea about NHE and there really isn't enough time to practice for those players. The major difference is aiming your shots correctly on neutral host, which takes time to adjust to, as well as new maps which I don't expect to see in the tournament. A lot of people feel like NHE requires more lead than off-host which creates an inconsistency in shooting.

The NHE team ended up removing the pistol spread entirely to help with the issue and it's really only noticeable when cross-mapping like on Hang Em. This version of the game will have the in-game timer, and it's very easy to cycle through the different versions of the game. The Vehicle selection trait in the options rotates through NHE, Training Mode, On/OFF and I think a nade practice mode, so players on the side can easily switch. Depending on the set up at UGC, many in-game noises have been removed preventing the other team from getting free audio cues off your TV.

I would rather play NHE than on/off personally but that's been the big debate over the past two years within the active LAN groups. The old school players most likely have no idea about any of this.

Can they disable the item timers and only have the visual elapsed time timer when it comes to the timer?

Can they disable the item timers and only have the visual elapsed time timer when it comes to the timer?

You mean the verbal ones? I'm not really sure and it's been a viewer complaint in the past when we have 8 stations next to each other counting down. It seems like most LAN players enjoy the item timer as a reminder. The quake player in me says we don't need them since they are really easy to remember.

You mean the verbal ones? I'm not really sure and it's been a viewer complaint in the past when we have 8 stations next to each other counting down. It seems like most LAN players enjoy the item timer as a reminder. The quake player in me says we don't need them since they are really easy to remember.

Yeah the verbal ones, should never be used in competetive play imo. Hope Infinite only have item timers exposed to the player in social play if it has them.

it hadthe timer built in. And no spread on pistol and snipe when no scoped is pretty important. Plus sound spawn removal.