CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Why isn't Royal 2 playing with Snake?

He said on stream he's probably not going because the prize pool isn't worth it. He might though.

Why isn't Royal 2 playing with Snake? 

Rumor is he doesn't lead :intensifies:

For real though, I wanted to see TOX compete as a full team.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They're not the same at all. Winning powerups in MCC is much different because everything ties in to weapon skill.

Like seriously, I'll hop on mcc and lose to people who barely play, then go lan with old halo 1 pros and beat them once in a while.

If the ogres went to a tournament I'm assuming they'd put some nhe practice in, so they wouldn't be slouches and they could still win. But saying they'd absolutely be the favourite is ignorant to the current Halo 1 LAN scene. Remember that ogre 2 and Harris would lose to patch and legend a couple years ago, and this is when Tom still practiced OG Halo a lot... And Dan only has mcc experience recently mostly against just good players or in 4s against noobs. Compared to players like mcdick who have been playing only nhe nonstop against the best of the best in Halo 1 currently for years.

They played 1 series together. Harris and Ogre 2 had never played on a team together and they only lost by 1 game in series with several less than 5 kill losses. Also harris had not played halo for 6+ months before that lan.

• Upvote (+1) 2

there was a bit of drama with Frosty leaving for CoD, I guess (Snakebite just said on stream); I guess Frosty didn't tell the team he was leaving until just before Atlanta, and they all strongly advised him not to sign with any orgs, but he signed with E6 anyway?

They must've had his family or something 

• Upvote (+1) 1

*Load into Hardcore game, see Snakebite on the other team* 

"Well shit"

*Go 3-19, but all 3 kills were on Snakebite including a 4 shot out BR*

"Welp, turns out that's the high point of the stream"

• Upvote (+1) 4

They played 1 series together. Harris and Ogre 2 had never played on a team together and they only lost by 1 game in series with several less than 5 kill losses. Also harris had not played halo for 6+ months before that lan.

Totally understand that, but Harris was still a top 4 player and we're talking Dan who has not lanned in a long time much less competed in Halo. Tom would still be a GOAT. And no doubt their teamwork would be way better obviously but shooting on NHE is so different so as to make the result doubtful compared to people who have mastered NHE shooting. Not saying they're bad players or that they'd definitely lose, just that they wouldn't be the favourites. In fact I've brought up in the past that I think Tom and Dan would have a chance with some practice, and people scoffed at me.

@@Teapot I'm saying old pros who have played more than a few times on nhe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Teapot I'm saying old pros who have played more than a few times on nhe.

Like who? I can only think of a handful of top old pros that have touched NHE. Always nice to see some old players give it a shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hope all is alright with Bestman, but this could be the potential Mikwen squad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah is using NHE for the tourney really a good idea if it's as different from OG H1 as you guys are proclaiming it to be?

Unless NHE keeps everything good from OG H1 and improves on it somehow without making it feel like a different experience, I could see there bring quite an uproar from those who haven't been to any NHE LAN's or anything (myself included).

Bro if the OGRES aren't the favourites to win at any 2v2 H1 LAN then clearly I need to tune into the Beach LAN more often because that's gotta be some God tier gameplay.

Honestly hard to believe what people are saying.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Every time I saw one of the Ogres pick up rockets in the 2v2 yesterday, they always dropped their pistol in stead of the AR. 

Anyone know why?

Every time I saw one of the Ogres pick up rockets in the 2v2 yesterday, they always dropped their pistol in stead of the AR.

Anyone know why?

Unscoped weapons allow you to recloak with camo faster when you redraw them.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Bro if the OGRES aren't the favourites to win at any 2v2 H1 LAN then clearly I need to tune into the Beach LAN more often because that's gotta be some God tier gameplay.

Honestly hard to believe what people are saying.

https://youtu.be/mLNZRkWG0_E

BL7 Finals

Snakebite says his squad for the qualifier will be himself, aPG, lxthul, & Eco. Also says Eco will play both CoD, & Halo.

And in case any more confirmation was needed, this is indeed the team. 

Roster on UGC site:  https://www.ugcesports.gg/teams/tox

Also, Rob The Turtle has a team so that's always fun.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah is using NHE for the tourney really a good idea if it's as different from OG H1 as you guys are proclaiming it to be?

Unless NHE keeps everything good from OG H1 and improves on it somehow without making it feel like a different experience, I could see there bring quite an uproar from those who haven't been to any NHE LAN's or anything (myself included).

Nhe just makes shooting slightly harder. It feels very similar to playing regular offhost. It’s a very small adjustment. Along with it offering an even playing field it’s just a better way to play the original game
  • Upvote (+1) 2

UGC St Louis is using the newest version of Halo (NHE 1.0), but it will be an on host-off host tournament. The only real changes are the talking timer, no pistol spread, Downrush (which is unlikely to be used) and fewer sounds that give away too much information.

• Upvote (+1) 2

All the players in the finals of the last beachlan are beasts that have been grinding the game hardcore.

Here's an analogy... When Michael Jordan came back in 1995, he was great but not great enough to carry his team back to a championship. He needed to get some high level games under his belt and grind in the offseason before he was back to his former self.

Anyway, I'm hearing murmurs that the Ogres will be competing in this event... I hope at least two other top level players go because that would be incredible to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All the players in the finals of the last beachlan are beasts that have been grinding the game hardcore.

Here's an analogy... When Michael Jordan came back in 1995, he was great but not great enough to carry his team back to a championship. He needed to get some high level games under his belt and grind in the offseason before he was back to his former self.

Anyway, I'm hearing murmurs that the Ogres will be competing in this event... I hope at least two other top level players go because that would be incredible to watch.

Imagine the amount of exposure CE would get if the Ogres competed in it and the finals were broadcast on twitch. A boy can dream...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Imagine the amount of exposure CE would get if the Ogres competed in it and the finals were broadcast on twitch. A boy can dream...

If they did, it'd probably be higher than most, if not all, of the main event's matches.  Crazy. 

Clarification, they might mean Tom and Ogre 3? Hopefully Tom announces something.

Holy shit, a potential 3gre appearance?  Well that really would be something.

Where you hearing this from?