CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Who was it that said it would be a bad bet to put everything on the Ogre twins to win a CE 2v2 again?  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who was it that said it would be a bad bet to put everything on the Ogre twins to win a CE 2v2 again?  :simms:

Probably my post but I was referring to beach lan people not mcc. Not that I think its impossible that they would do well just that its very possible they could lose as well. It was fun to watch but it also sucks that its in such a bad place Tom can win and turn around and say he honestly hates CE on MCC and hes going to stream another game from the series lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Probably my post but I was referring to beach lan people not mcc. Not that I think its impossible that they would do well just that its very possible they could lose as well. It was fun to watch but it also sucks that its in such a bad place Tom can win and turn around and say he honestly hates CE on MCC and hes going to stream another game from the series lol

idk they were dominating in mcc h1 and dans in Australia, it's hard to imagine theyd lose on lan and real h1

• Upvote (+1) 2

idk they were dominating in mcc h1 and dans in Australia, it's hard to imagine theyd lose on lan and real h1

Dan hosted 2/3 from Australia, we played more from 200+ ping than he did. 

Well that's the thing it was MCC and I don't want to take anything away or act like the ogres aren't good at CE but we're talking about two different games/players

If we end up getting classic Halo tournaments at a consistent rate, 2019 will probably end up being the most enjoyable year of competitive Halo in a long time.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If we end up getting classic Halo tournaments at a consistent rate, 2019 will probably end up being the most enjoyable year of competitive Halo in a long time.

Just this one halo 3 tournament(and I'm not even a halo 3 fan) will make it the most enjoyable year since 2010.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i just spit out my dr pepper and hot pockets

As long as you did so inside of your Dr. Pepper ultimate gaming house with a bag of Doritos as a backup, it's all good. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well that's the thing it was MCC and I don't want to take anything away or act like the ogres aren't good at CE but we're talking about two different games/players

I think that works both ways though.  Sure it's a different game, but the Ogres would be even more dominant on LAN on classic hardware.  

The point being, you're right, anyone can beat anyone on any given day.  However, to pretend for even a moment that the twins wouldn't be the favourite to win is absurd. 

Edit:  It's really unfortunate that they aren't going to UGC because we could have tested this theory. Oh well, hopefully in the future. 

Just so everyone is aware and hopefully to prevent some tilt: When you and another person get into a BR battle on H3 MCC and you both start shooting at the exact same time, no one misses, and you die immediately after the third shot, but your BR still shoots the last burst as it flies uselessly away from your dead body, on LAN, that guy is dead 10/10 times. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Color me not surprised at all.

Young Halo Esports Champions "retiring" - LOL

Given the opportunity in front of him I don't think it would be surprising to see Austin retire after STL, let the man game until then

Also yeah, myself & Heinz will be tag teaming the observing duties! Also, speaking to the guys at UGC, there's a strong possibility that the observation will return to the desk (as in Columbus & Seattle) so we could see myself & Heinz bring our insight to the post game analysis having watched all 8 POVs from the series. Personally can't wait to see Richie on camera if it happens, his Halo brain & knowledge of the community is up there with the top tier and could be a really great personality to add to any show!

Regardless to say myself & Heinz are paying the Halo Classic the same due diligence we gave to every Halo 5/HCS event; just because the tools are lessened doesn't mean the effort is. Looking forward to it

• Upvote (+1) 7

That is smart. Thanks for clarifying as I didn't know you had an up and coming job opportunity. Best of luck, Mikwen.

I'll probably see you at St. Louis. Don't know if I'm competing, spectating, helping or what yet.