CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Agree with all of Saucey's last post, still don't think it's justified to not apply. I guess maybe it's a poor allocation of resources without spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 2

still don't think it's justified to not apply. I guess maybe it's a poor allocation of resources without spectator mode.

HCS already semi-supports our events on social and we have prizing covered, so it isn't like we just refuse to contact each other.

Personally, I would rather see other content creators and streamers that are trying to grow get some shine from official outlets. This program would have been great when we were getting started in 2013 and I hope interested people looking to get their name out can take advantage.

I am also a big fan of content. Limitations on creation irks me - to be fair 343 didnt actually make these games though, but they do have the power to potentially add to them it seems.

The Ogres are signed up for tonight's CE 2v2 tournament!

Rat Race is in the map rotation and round two doesn't have what the third map in the rotation is listed.

Played with ogre 1 in 4v4 social the other night he was shitting lol nice to see the two goats back on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so damn pumped for the CE 2v2 tourney tonight.

Oh shit, this is a thing? Is there's a bracket somewhere/notable teams entering?

Edit: Nvm, got it. Someone always says something that has me backtracking pages to find something specific.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just quit the build cos I wasn't finding games and when I go back in my rank had decreased by 1.

Seems kinda wild but fair play to them, with limited xbox’s/resources i hope its not a championship monday jobby, also i’ve already seen about 8-10 players saying “F/A have ticket” “selling spare team ticket” so i’m not even 100% sure it will go above 128 (but i’m very hopeful for them).

agree, I would be amazed if more than 128 complete four-man teams showed up to this event, but maybe the power of classic Halo will pull through ...

I matched the ogres in the first round of this CE tourney. Gonna stream my POV of the matches if anyone wants to watch in like 25 minutes. My teamate and I know almost nothing about Halo 1 so this should be fun  :kappa: https://www.twitch.tv/frosty_evades

I'll pray for your soul. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I matched the ogres in the first round of this CE tourney. Gonna stream my POV of the matches if anyone wants to watch in like 25 minutes. My teamate and I know almost nothing about Halo 1 so this should be fun  :kappa: https://www.twitch.tv/frosty_evades

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

I feel so bad for you getting derelict first game

• Upvote (+1) 2

Watching 2Gre's stream right now makes me feel better about my MCC CE pistol. Holy shit, those guys are eating.

• Upvote (+1) 1