CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

That feeling when there's literally nothing to talk about about Classic Halo wise so TB kids just go back to worshiping CoD.

Wasn't 343/M$ going to actually...idk, support their Grassroots program and do something with it monetarily speaking?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Morning of H3 Event: We had 5/32 teams that actually invited a teammate (2v2 event so only inviting ONE person). Five. out. of. 32. We then have to mass message everyone to fill their roster, and generally, that works decently. 

Our community might as well be infamous for lack of committment.

Pro's don't make content, Am's don't make teams... dev's don't improve the original formula...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone that defends the h3 BR for an esports FPS (or the game's sluggish movement, long power item timers, linear maps, etc... ) is the opposite of a 'high tier intellectual.'

Those folks fall into the 'bottom feeder' category.

The BR in Halo 3 sufferss because H3s netcode was developed basically by walmart. We can sit here and have a hitscan BR vs bullet traveling BR argument for days, but in the end some people think H3s BR took more skill than H2 because of shot lead and some will say the opposite and we're getting into subjective preference at that point, with both sides having strong arguments 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Uthis is the cringiest shit i've read in a while

Jj9eaLV.png

Then the post worked and Im literally crying Im laughing so hard. I cant breathe In fact I negged by mistake.  :mj:

The BR in Halo 3 sufferss because H3s netcode was developed basically by walmart. We can sit here and have a hitscan BR vs bullet traveling BR argument for days, but in the end some people think H3s BR took more skill than H2 because of shot lead and some will say the opposite and we're getting into subjective preference at that point, with both sides having strong arguments

It’s not so much projectile being the problem, it’s the rando spread that makes it impossible to land shots consistently passed 20 ft.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

It’s not so much projectile being the problem, it’s the rando spread that makes it impossible to land shots consistently passed 20 ft.

And some would argue that promotes movement, but we had all these arguments years ago. All I care about is fun and the OT are all fun in their own regard and I have no bias towards one or the other 

This is completely wrong and so was someone else above. Royal 2 left because he wasn’t old enough even though we were actually really good with him, then replaced him with Ace later down the road, grinded an online ladder for seed, then played in back to back online tournaments where the first top 8 teams of the “qualifier” qualified for the regional LAN event, then we qualified in the second. We got dominated on LAN because we had to face coL round 1 who was one of the most dominate CoD teams of all time then had to face FaZe lbr1. It sucked because the year before they took 16 N.A. teams not 8, so tbh we did pretty damn well in the short amount of time but none of us actually cared enough to grind it out on our own long enough after that event. #facts

lol so everything that I said was right (grinding ladder, not much time devoted to CoD, obliterated on LAN), except for the online tourney, which I genuinely was not aware of? i’ll take 3 out of 4, I guess

anyway my point was that I really think Halo skill would transfer reasonably well to CoD given enough practice time, but I get that you guys didn’t want to grind after

Yes, the bottom feeders.

Individual powerlessness (long kill times, no range, etc...) is the reason why Halo stopped being fun (and competitive).

Nobody has fun putting 6 BR shots into an opponent from a mere 20 ft only to watch them escape, much like how nobody has fun spamming 8 DMR shots at an opponent just to watch them sprint away.

I mean Halo 3 was insanely popular, both casually and competitively, so clearly a lot of people enjoyed it. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

People can say what they want about CODs gameplay but in terms of how Activision/MLG runs the scene, theseason format, and the shows/events they put on the CWL is the gold standard in terms of how an esports league/scene should be run.

I wish the HCS was as good as the CWL is hopefully next time around they can try and match that standard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you guys didn’t know don’t know how this didnt come out yet but 343 will announce that after UGC Microsoft Stores will be throwing 4v4 events (yes actual events, not at the stores) for money around the country. Hopefully that & a MLG Event announcement will spark some type of genuine interest in the comp scene.

If you guys didn’t know don’t know how this didnt come out yet but 343 will announce that after UGC Microsoft Stores will be throwing 4v4 events (yes actual events, not at the stores) for money around the country. Hopefully that & a MLG Event announcement will spark some type of genuine interest in the comp scene.

lt0gotljdxc11.png?width=1024&auto=webp95

Halo will be off the list next year.

I'm surprised rocket League isn't higher. I just got into it, but it's awesome to spectate, it's simple mechanics but has an insane skill gap. It's the quintessential (competitive) game

It looks looks prize pool is the only thing it out. But that appears to go up every season.

Yes, the bottom feeders.

Individual powerlessness (long kill times, no range, etc...) is the reason why Halo stopped being fun (and competitive).

Nobody has fun putting 6 BR shots into an opponent from a mere 20 ft only to watch them escape, much like how nobody has fun spamming 8 DMR shots at an opponent just to watch them sprint away.

I still have lots of fun with 3. Everything you and I say after either of us state "Halo X is fun because" is all bullshit afterward. What people find fun is their own personal preference and a lot of H2 pros even preferred 3 after and Im sure their reasoning is perfectly valid and justified 

• Upvote (+1) 1

When "map position/lines of sight" and "quick reaction time" start being used as a merit of skillful gameplay...

Come on...while I can agree CoD can be fun to watch at times (as any game as popular will be when the crowd gets going), I just can't get behind seeing it as a good competitive game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I still have lots of fun with 3. Everything you and I say after either of us state "Halo X is fun because" is all bullshit afterward. What people find fun is their own personal preference and a lot of H2 pros even preferred 3 after and Im sure their reasoning is perfectly valid and justified

Just take it on faith.