CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

That was an intense Construct KOTH. 

And that was an even more intense Onslaught CTF!

Game 5 coming up. Loser out of the qualifier.

twitch.tv/flamesword

twitch.tv/masoncobb

twitch.tv/acetv

• Upvote (+1) 1

And that was an even more intense Onslaught CTF!

Game 5 coming up. Loser out of the qualifier.

twitch.tv/flamesword

twitch.tv/masoncobb

twitch.tv/acetv

Great comeback! 900 viewers in Flame's stream right now. 

I was watching both teams POVs... Man.. If Best MaN didn't out BR NYSea on Carb 2, they might've lost that game. That was one was hell of a comeback.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That Flame overkill single-handedly brought them back into the game. Absolute plays.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is this rumour I've seen flying around Twitch that RoyBox, Ola, and Snip3down are teaming based on anything or is it pure speculation?  

So is this rumour I've seen flying around Twitch that RoyBox, Ola, and Snip3down are teaming based on anything or is it pure speculation?  

Pure speculation, last I heard Snip3down & Ola are teaming with Trippey & Saiyan.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Players. Speaking of which there's only 11 spots left for the qualifier, as they're capped to 64 teams for some reason.

Bracket link: https://www.ugcesports.gg/tournament/0c3cd52a-da6d-4f0b-bbc8-b944d24cc3ca/brackets

Blaze is back?  Scarvayne is on an actual team?  Twin Savior and Adrenaline ... wow

anyway GMS is looking scariest, for sure.  I've watched a shitload of H3 streams lately and the only players to really impress me have been Gabriel, Roybox, Snipedown (though he's been in Europe for a week), and Ace.  Finals should be GMS versus Roybox, I think.  sort of hilarious to see Flamesword and friends getting hyped about barely beating NYSea, but ok?

edit: also, Splyce Halo placing literally top 256 at Vegas will hopefully see them return to H3?  

has Frosty's team made any noise at Vegas?

Sorry, had a brain fart. 

No, nothing too crazy, they're in losers bracket. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Flamesword and company closed things out nicely. Some really good, close games in the matches today.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Blaze is back?  Scarvayne is on an actual team?  Twin Savior and Adrenaline ... wow

anyway GMS is looking scariest, for sure.  I've watched a shitload of H3 streams lately and the only players to really impress me have been Gabriel, Roybox, Snipedown (though he's been in Europe for a week), and Ace.  Finals should be GMS versus Roybox, I think.  sort of hilarious to see Flamesword and friends getting hyped about barely beating NYSea, but ok?

You should watch Neighbor, and Status Down just beat GMS 3-2, so not that scary after all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I know it was mentioned in passing a few times on the streams I was watching but in the future could we get better series layouts for UGC stuff? That was a large reason teams were sort of making their own series lengths and map/gametype rotations among themselves

So I know it was mentioned in passing a few times on the streams I was watching but in the future could we get better series layouts for UGC stuff? That was a large reason teams were sort of making their own series lengths and map/gametype rotations among themselves

Should just make every match into a bo5, no reason not to where there's only 64 teams in the quals.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You should watch Neighbor, and Status Down just beat GMS 3-2, so not that scary after all.

I’ve watched a ton of Neighbor, as I was once the biggest Mason fanboy ever, he played better today than I’ve seen at any point in the past year. Basically Neighbor and Flame were playing abnormally well today.

But sure, Roybox / GMS / OpTic might be close to parity for now, we’ll see how it goes on LAN

• Upvote (+1) 2