CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

Is Gold Pro NBNS?  I'm willing to try anything that is NBNS. Let's get some customs up!

Basu already answered this but wanted to say that I am looking forward to customs, might look into setting up a discord over the next week.

41 minutes ago, Basu said:

NBNS with 4sk DMR, faster item spawns, 45s camo, more gametypes (Ball and Bomb) and better maps/map variants. IMO the best Halo with online capability. 

I wonder if the modded Camo will survive in the MCC version but I guess for maps without camo and OS one can use the custom powerup and just make a specific gametype, it's ugly but we will have to see what modding can do once it's out. Same with NBNS Ball and Bomb, I kinda doubt they put an easy setting in a menu to toggle bloom to 0.
That said are we going with xbox or PC? Guess if we want to have a chance to influence events (which I still doubt will happen) it has to work on xbox.

2 hours ago, Basu said:

NBNS with 4sk DMR, faster item spawns, 45s camo, more gametypes (Ball and Bomb) and better maps/map variants. IMO the best Halo with online capability. 

Im pretty sure its movement was a little faster and the gravity was different too. For an example of map variant differences, penance has a teleported from shit room to green room. 

At warlord, 343 said any mods done through megalo will most likely work when transferred. Something that megalo was just using hidden settings. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Im pretty sure its movement was a little faster and the gravity was different too. For an example of map variant differences, penance has a teleported from shit room to green room. 

At warlord, 343 said any mods done through megalo will most likely work when transferred. Something that megalo was just using hidden settings. 

Movement speed is still 120% just like mlg v7 but jump height is 125% and gravity 200% which has the neat side effect that jetpacks don't shoot players up as fast as on mlg settings. On mlg v7 the 150% gravity already nerf jetpacks a bit but you don't feel it as much as on 200%.
And for map changes there are a shit ton of them, the Penance change is far from the only difference, would make quite the list to bring up all of them.

Since @Knighty Knight was asking about the settings tho the 60 second powerups, 90 second sniper/GL/SG and 120 second rocket have a lot of impact.

Ah okay that's nice that they confirmed megalo carries over, didn't see that anywhere (wasn't really searching for it either).

• Like (+1) 1

New video is up.   There was a bit of a curse on main stage at DH Atlanta last weekend... 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Movement speed is still 120% just like mlg v7 but jump height is 125% and gravity 200% which has the neat side effect that jetpacks don't shoot players up as fast as on mlg settings. On mlg v7 the 150% gravity already nerf jetpacks a bit but you don't feel it as much as on 200%.
And for map changes there are a shit ton of them, the Penance change is far from the only difference, would make quite the list to bring up all of them.

Since @Knighty Knight was asking about the settings tho the 60 second powerups, 90 second sniper/GL/SG and 120 second rocket have a lot of impact.

Ah okay that's nice that they confirmed megalo carries over, didn't see that anywhere (wasn't really searching for it either).

I'd be very interested in trying these settings out.  I enjoy v7, but as has been stated there wasn't really time to improve upon them and there are issues that can/should be addressed. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'd love to see a event try and use the old MLG setting with FFA fridays going towards your seed in the 4v4. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

I think we need to get serious as a community about what we want to do about the v7 lineup. I think most of us can agree that Penance in its current form is untenable, and Battle Canyon Slayer is no treat either.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I think we need to get serious as a community about what we want to do about the v7 lineup. I think most of us can agree that Penance in its current form is untenable, and Battle Canyon Slayer is no treat either.

milton-cadogan-halo-reach-nobledlc-ancho

5 minutes ago, znot said:

milton-cadogan-halo-reach-nobledlc-ancho

See, I’d rather see this replace Pit, since they’re similar styles and we don’t need to run Pit again. I think Penance TS and BC TS both have potential with better layouts.

• Like (+1) 2

@znot we are talking about slayer on 2 existing maps, that's not something you fix by throwing Anchor 9 into the pool.

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

I would say those 2 maps are the most obvious and it would be nice to see K25 Sanctuary instead of the one currently used, even if you change the weapon and powerup times again to match v7 and remove shotguns.
But as I said I don't think this is going to happen, esp since the game will launch with ranked mlg v7. If anybody knows who is doing playlsits and decisions we would probably have to talk to them asap and just ask if there is a chance for this to begin with, I bet it would go through twitter these days but I don't own an account...

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

@znot we are talking about slayer on 2 existing maps, that's not something you fix by throwing Anchor 9 into the pool.

I would say those 2 maps are the most obvious and it would be nice to see K25 Sanctuary instead of the one currently used, even if you change the weapon and powerup times again to match v7 and remove shotguns.
But as I said I don't think this is going to happen, esp since the game will launch with ranked mlg v7. If anybody knows who is doing playlsits and decisions we would probably have to talk to them asap and just ask if there is a chance for this to begin with, I bet it would go through twitter these days but I don't own an account...

Hardway has talked to Postums quite a bit and helped clean up the mess that was social MCC settings. SMG starts are finally gone for good thanks to him.

Personally would like to see Powerhouse Hill and Anchor 9 Flag replace Penance and Battle Creek Slayer. With the upgrade to Forge, we could see some decent changes to the former two.

Bonus points if we somehow get ZBNS versions of Bomb and Oddball. That would really open up our options.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Personally would like to see Powerhouse Hill and Anchor 9 Flag replace Penance and Battle Creek Slayer. With the upgrade to Forge, we could see some decent changes to the former two.

Bonus points if we somehow get ZBNS versions of Bomb and Oddball. That would really open up our options.

I think I remember reading that ZBNS will be a toggle-able option within the settings, we could very well have Bomb/Oddball. 

Maybe @Tashi can confirm or deny?

3 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I am a big fan of Powerhouse KoTH and ZBNS assault and ball but I think the idea here would be to slightly tweak what is already there, I doubt they want to all of a sudden introduce completely new gametypes and massive changes, that's why I was thinking tweaking BC and Penance would be good damage control without changing too much, maybe sneak in the Sanctuary changes but if anybody wants to run events as well the discussion could really get out of hand if we swap slayer gametypes with objectives, those gametypes are probably better to test with gold pro.

11 minutes ago, Basu said:

Hardway has talked to Postums quite a bit and helped clean up the mess that was social MCC settings. SMG starts are finally gone for good thanks to him.

I had no idea, sounds interesting that they did listen for once, what changes do you think are reasonable? As I said above I would probably settle with BC and Penance layout changes and the other Sanc version since it doesn't completely change the v7 feel.

@Hard Way guess you would be the man then if anything, would like to know your opinion on the situation as well.

3 minutes ago, Morachip said:

I think I remember reading that ZBNS will be a toggle-able option within the settings, we could very well have Bomb/Oddball.

100% agree that having the easy toggle is huge, I don't know if we should just put something like that in any settings without more testing but it's great for custom games and who knows if there could be more changes over time if they allow tweaks to begin with.

1 hour ago, Warlord Wossman said:

I can help with this. I can communicate with Duck, but we need a community consensus first. We should probably make a thread here, bring forth every idea, test the most promising ones, and come to an agreement about Reach's NBNS competitive settings.  Once we have that, we can take that to Waypoint, Reddit and Twitter and get feedback too.

I will say that expecting anything other than v7 at launch is unrealistic. They have a precedent that they want to hit on. But if we can put forth a well reasoned argument that there is room for improvement in those settings, and show some degree of community consensus on the matter, I'm confident we can make something happen.  Duck is a reasonable guy, and I've had a lot of success working with him to make MCC matchmaking better.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I can help with this. I can communicate with Duck, but we need a community consensus first. We should probably make a thread here, bring forth every idea, test the most promising ones, and come to an agreement about Reach's NBNS competitive settings.  Once we have that, we can take that to Waypoint, Reddit and Twitter and get feedback too.

I will say that expecting anything other than v7 at launch is unrealistic. They have a precedent that they want to hit on. But if we can put forth a well reasoned argument that there is room for improvement in those settings, and show some degree of community consensus on the matter, I'm confident we can make something happen.  Duck is a reasonable guy, and I've had a lot of success working with him to make MCC matchmaking better.

I'm sure people realize but this does include actually testing the gametypes once Reach is out and making an effort. A lot of the time in the past people were fairly opinionated but didn't actually get on to do anything lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Alright, let's take this to another thread then, I would suggest you create it.
There is a lot to talk about.

@Snipe Three yes, only clowns would suggest playlist changes without actually (stress) testing them first. I am assuming people who take this serious would be willing to test it in custom games!

41 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I literally have them in my fileshare and so do others who have saved the GP gametypes (also stockpile but evaluating that as a comp. gametype is a discussion for another day). On the Reach modding discord (the guys that made the space battle gametypes that were #1 on r/halo a while ago) they said ZB is an easy toggle in the megalo script and we can theoretically get any gametype ZB. If 343 comes through and actually puts ZB as a gametype option that's even better of course.

"In the future, we would like to experiment with a TU version of Invasion with some other tweaks introduced to retain this balance. This would mainly involve buffs to the accuracy and/or range of the Plasma Repeater."

I found this little bit from the latest MCC blog post quite interesting, mainly the fact that they are willing to make balance changes to individual weapons, I don't recall them ever mentioning anything like that in the past in regards to MCC and it makes me wonder how far we could push them and what other kinds of changes they would be willing to make for comp settings perhaps.

• Like (+1) 1

I think one big change for Reach would be making the OS and camo power up stronger, the defautl ones are kinda weak.
Sure you can use custom powerup to make OS or camo and alter the values but they way you cannot have both on the same map and it's also more confusing if a yellow-ish power up sometimes is OS and sometimes camo...

And I wish invasion was TU, having 3 types of settings in one game is way worse than just 2, I honestly don't think the pistol buff would mean that much since plasma repeaters and rifles get stronger because of bleedthrough. That said the plasme repeater is probably the worst weapon in the game, wouldn't mind a slight buff for it, just don't make it a lot stronger to the point where it feels cheap to die to it.

On 12/14/2016 at 7:07 AM, ske7ch said:

Comes back? I never left. Wish I had something of substance to add to this thread.

Hmmm

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Hmmm

Bring back the Emma Watson gifs.