CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

This amount of hardware issues this event is so dumb. Snakebite is pissed about apg's controller

• Like (+1) 1

Fun fact, that Pit TS was the first map of H3 that Blue team has won on main stage all weekend. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

giphy.gif

Me tuning in to watch the event (which there was zero advertising for) and sees Halo 5 on stream..nah

I literally had to google "halo tournament november 2019" to find out about dreamhack.

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

Stationary plot or would it move between 3-5 locations depending on the map?

No just stationary.

4 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

giphy.gif

Me tuning in to watch the event (which there was zero advertising for) and sees Halo 5 on stream..nah

42 minutes ago, Basu said:

I literally had to google "halo tournament november 2019" to find out about dreamhack.

Im curious as to where you guys expect them to advertise this bcs it was advertised plenty across all the halo twitters in Halo, HCS, and DreamhackHalo. We have also known about DH ATL for a while now..

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Does anyone have a bracket by chance?

Bit old but pretty close.  Mantra and Simplicity won in loser's, and LUX won in winners.  TOX plays the winners of Mantra/Simplicity to go to the grand finals. 

• Like (+1) 1

Getting ready for grand finals while everything is boxed up around them is such a sad look

I'm definitely happy to be watching Halo 3 instead of Halo 5, but damn it I miss Chris Puckett commentating. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That was probably the last major Halo 3 tournament ever. I'm glad I spent my Sunday watching.  Onwards to Reach.

4 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

That was probably the last major Halo 3 tournament ever. I'm glad I spent my Sunday watching.  Onwards to Reach.

I think a H2 4v4 event would be greatly appreciated too. I think the moment to moment action in 4v4 H2 is the most exciting in the series so when the Reach hype dies down a bit I think they need to give H2 a shot. Really its a little crazy we haven't seen it yet

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I think a H2 4v4 event would be greatly appreciated too. I think the moment to moment action in 4v4 H2 is the most exciting in the series so when the Reach hype dies down a bit I think they need to give H2 a shot. Really its a little crazy we haven't seen it yet

id rather watch h2 than REAAACH

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, znot said:

id rather watch h2 than REAAACH

Oh I'm sure almost all of us would but if we're being realistic they've gotta sell the new MCC DLC first

7 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Realistically, 1)  I think we would have seen it by now if we were going to, and 2)  By the time the Reach hype dies down we'll have more news about/see gameplay of Infinite and things will basically be at a standstill at that point. 

3 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Realistically, 1)  I think we would have seen it by now if we were going to, and 2)  By the time the Reach hype dies down we'll have more news about/see gameplay of Infinite and things will basically be at a standstill at that point. 

Idk I suspect the Reach hype will be over before the first event is even played personally and I'm assuming Infinite is probably next holiday season. There's a month or two there where something could happen. It might be pre release Infinite tournaments though instead

H2C has worse registration issues than H3 does on MCC. I shudder to think what those tournaments would look like. Also, we only got a single NBNS tournament out of Reach (I don't count AGL), and it was quite possibly the best tournament of all time. Those settings deserve another run.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Idk I suspect the Reach hype will be over before the first event is even played personally and I'm assuming Infinite is probably next holiday season. There's a month or two there where something could happen

I refuse to support anything Reach. Won't be tuning into events. BLAH

That's like going to my bully's birthday party and bringing him a gift.

2 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

H2C has worse registration issues than H3 does on MCC. I shudder to think what those tournaments would look like. Also, we only got a single NBNS tournament out of Reach (I don't count AGL), and it was quite possibly the best tournament of all time. Those settings deserve another run.

I've never seen a blood shot on lan for money... unlike h3

Just now, Snipe Three said:

Idk I suspect the Reach hype will be over before the first event is even played personally and I'm assuming Infinite is probably next holiday season. There's a month or two there where something could happen

Yea the Reach hype will be over quickly but they're gonna wanna get at least a couple of events out of it, and test PC too.  This was the last event of the year, so assuming 2/3 Reach events would bring us to E3 which would be the latest we'd hear about Infinite, and it launches like 4-5 months later alongside Scarlett next fall.  COULD it be done?  Sure.  Do I want to see it done?  Yes.  Will it happen?  $5 and my right nut says no. 

Good to see Tox pull out the win, but it wasn't exactly surprising. It is weird thinking that's probably the last major Halo 3 event we'll ever see, I just wish Roybox were there to play in it.

• Like (+1) 2