CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Basu said:

Game comes out, I actually had fun for a few hours but then it dawned on me that this was again the worst Halo game out of the box continuing the downward trend of the franchise. They never fixed shit about the game and I knew 343 were just as bad as Bungie. I haven't bought a Halo game that's not a used copy since.

Couldn't have summed it up any better. Got it midnight release with my friends. Everyone splits up to go home, we play BR/snipes FFA on Haven and were having fun, and don't really notice any of the shit until MM and more custom games test. 

Playing forge with my buddy and we spawned all weapons. "YO BOX, PICK UP THE BEAM RIFLE AND NO SCOPE ME, WTF IS THIS?!"

H4 era begins.

• Like (+1) 3

Honestly this whole franchise is just suffering if you are fan of classic arena settings, H4 being trash after they made ZBNS Reach a thing was sad already and when MCC was fucked on launch I literally quit for 5 years, I remember @Basu and me getting laughed at for #boycottHalo5 and people said "they buy anyways", here I am 5 years later and just bought a used copy of Halo 5 for 5 bucks to check out forge and never touch the rest (okay I did some Mythic customs here and there).

The reason I returned was the PC announcement, I thought it sounded cool to potentially play some gold pro customs since that was the most fun I had with Halo and started to feel like settings with potential. I guess without the PC MCC thingy I would have just left Halo behind, that was the original plan.
Have them throw millions on some H5 tournaments to force competition the dude-bro spartans zipping around in animations were already too much for me in the beta and I knew that game was un-fixable...

Hope for Halo Sprintfinite? Not at all, I would say anybody that risks dreaming up a good game will most likely get 343'd too, some people just need a few weeks after launch to fully realize.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

14 hours ago, Basu said:

Dude this image brings back nostalgia, I felt the exact same way haha. H4 pre-launch hype was insane. The armor looked dope, the graphics were super impressive for a 360 title especially. Chief is back! The BR is back! Faster kill times, no more armor lock yada yada yada. The be343ve campaign and "H4pe" on Halocouncil were in full force lmao.

Then the gameinformer leak talked about perks, killstreaks and instant respawn, I was worried. Game comes out, I actually had fun for a few hours but then it dawned on me that this was again the worst Halo game out of the box continuing the downward trend of the franchise. They never fixed shit about the game and I knew 343 were just as bad as Bungie. I haven't bought a Halo game that's not a used copy since.

forward unto dawn got me so hyped for that game and is the only reason i think the tv show has any hope

I haven't come here since E3, Came back here because of Twitch Rivals. 

And then going back into slumber for another 6 months. 

I'd just like to point out how much nicer Reach looks with a centered reticle and an increased FoV. Motion blur getting out of here helps too but its kind of crazy how nice that game can look underneath all of the questionable stuff done to it by bungie maybe with the intent of increased performance on console

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I'd just like to point out how much nicer Reach looks with a centered reticle and an increased FoV. Motion blur getting out of here helps too but its kind of crazy how nice that game can look underneath all of the questionable stuff done to it by bungie maybe with the intent of increased performance on console

Literally all of that DID help perfomance, except the lowered reticle. If they had it crosshair higher they could theoretically cull everything blocked by the gun's view. But for some reason they went with the lowered crosshair and the view is better because of it. (sniper takes up half the screen)

Lowered FOV is sort of the same, less stuff has to be rendered on screen at a given time, helps.

Motion blur, makes things appear to be smoother at lower framerates.

I dont mind all that, I hate the lack of any sort of anti aliasing 

anti-alsiaing_header-800x320.png

Reach was HORRIBLE in this regard. Didn't help that bungie wanted to go all out with more intricate designs and assets. Making it worse

2 hours ago, Hully said:

This is happening today. 

Watching this tournament currently. Summit1g is bashing the responsiveness of the mouse and KB in front of 15k viewers. Not a great start for Halo on the PC.

"My tools do not work currently."

The "mouse fix" patch they released today didn't do jack shit. The game still has noticeable input delay. What a great idea to have a broadcasted tournament right now so the world can see what the Halo on PC hype was all about:simms:.

• Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BR N00b said:

Watching this tournament currently. Summit1g is bashing the responsiveness of the mouse and KB in front of 15k viewers. Not a great start for Halo on the PC.

"My tools do not work currently."

All he has done is whine and cry about everything the whole time he's been playing. 

• Toxic (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

All he has done is whine and cry about everything the whole time he's been playing. 

Brother, the man was the ONLY guy in the tourny using a mouse, and all the other "personality" picks were people who had clearly played Halo at a decently high level.

If I was him I'd be heated too, and I can't help but think that those personalities were somewhat of a "best we can do" situation because nobody takes Halo seriously anymore. Who the hell is tannerslays? Who the hell is Gigz? Oh yeah throw Legion in there too that makes sense.  I feel like summit is the only personality worth any salt that praised Halo in recent years; then he agrees to do this and gets joked.

Lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

KBM not working well has me wondering if MCC PC is coming out this year. By the time it's out, Infinite might be on the horizon and I hope that doesn't impact the player base for MCC PC. If it actually comes out that late, maybe it'll be free to play because it should be to expose more ppl to halo for Infinite. 

On 11/11/2019 at 1:32 PM, Sandman said:

If you're done then who am i gonna eat steak n shake with at events

Facts. I may have had enough steak n shake for a lifetime that weekend though lol

13 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

The MKB issues have been an ongoing issue for a long time now. It just feels like absolute shit, anyone who's played it will tell you that. I still have no idea why they are having a PC tournament in a game where MKB is just not actually in a working state when they are just going to get roasted for it.

Summit was literally the only person playing in that Twitch Rivals event using a Mouse and keyboard (AFAIK), that's how fucked the mouse controls are and how fucking stupidly strong the aim assist for controllers is. If they don't do something about either of these issues the games going to be a fucking joke in the PC Community. 

I mean many people in the PC community already view console exclusives that have "competitive" pvp as a joke so something like fucked up aim will perfectly fit their confirmation bias. Personally I have to agree tho that Halo hasn't really been a very hardcore game in the sense that they always got carried by brainlets being hyped for the campaign and people goofing off in multiplayer so it would be a damn miracle if there were good competitive settings out of the box with Halo Sprintfinite and they also worked well on PC.
Honestly cannot see that happen, most people will give it a chance because the name Halo is huge and known from back in the day but you don't get as many chances with the PC community as you get with the standard Xbox player who doesn't really care about mechanical details...

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

I mean many people in the PC community already view console exclusives that have "competitive" pvp as a joke so something like fucked up aim will perfectly fit their confirmation bias. Personally I have to agree tho that Halo hasn't really been a very hardcore game in the sense that they always got carried by brainlets being hyped for the campaign and people goofing off in multiplayer so it would be a damn miracle if there were good competitive settings out of the box with Halo Sprintfinite and they also worked well on PC.
Honestly cannot see that happen, most people will give it a chance because the name Halo is huge and known from back in the day but you don't get as many chances with the PC community as you get with the standard Xbox player who doesn't really care about mechanical details...

Right? PC players are used to snappy controls and most are hyper competitive. Even in casual fuckfests like CoD pubs, Titanfall,Battlefield or unranked OW lobbies people are always sweating like their life depends on in. Armor Lock and Bloom might be "fun" mechanics for thumbless timmy on Xbox but PC players are going to see right through that garbage day one. Add the unresponsive mouse controls and input lag on top and no one is going to play Halo on PC especially not without a controller which kind of defeats the purpose.

12 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Summit was literally the only person playing in that Twitch Rivals event using a Mouse and keyboard (AFAIK), that's how fucked the mouse controls are and how fucking stupidly strong the aim assist for controllers is. If they don't do something about either of these issues the games going to be a fucking joke in the PC Community. 

You do realize that 12 of the 16 participants were are either current or former pro Halo players right? (and Legiqn is a long time console player)  I'd be more surprised if they all jumped ship to KBM.  I don't know about Tanner or Gigz but the fact that the rest stuck to  an input method they're comfortable with doesn't exactly scare me.

That being said, from everything I've heard KBM does need to be tweaked and I hope that happens.

A little off topic from the KBM discussion - which is a mess if it's currently putting someone at a disadvantage (maybe don't hold these events on a pre-release version of the game 343?)

Anyway, does anyone remember the forge versions of Sanctuary which used the actual forge world ground/terrain and came extremely close to the true angles/design of the original Sanctuary? I would love to replace the current/MLG Sanctuary with that version if possible. I know framerate was an issue but I believe there was another issue with it as well but can't recall.

If the issues are fixed/a non issue being on PC, I would love to see that change happen.

• Upvote (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Proto said:

Anyway, does anyone remember the forge versions of Sanctuary which used the actual forge world ground/terrain and came extremely close to the true angles/design of the original Sanctuary? I would love to replace the current/MLG Sanctuary with that version if possible. I know framerate was an issue but I believe there was another issue with it as well but can't recall.

The problem with the grass floor is that grenades get stuck in it, so I wouldn't recommend using it besides it looking better. Grenades working properly on ground is a big deal on Sanctuary (and arguably any map). That said I would like to see K25 Sanctuary instead of the one used for mlgv7, it has the higher carbines, more rocks, ring 3 cover and generally looks better:

Generally I would also say OS works better for slayer than camo but that's another discusssion, generally Sanc slayer with sided spawns isn't great, the map really shines for CTF and neutral bomb assault, the last one is sadly not a thing in mlgv7 but I am rambling at this point anyways.
The gold pro settings also have way better weapon layouts for battle canyon and penance btw.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@Boyo You got it - was thinking of Sanctum. It's too bad if the grenades sticking are the issue because that makes it essentially unplayable unless 343 made changes/fixes to it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

17 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

:Toxic:CONTROLLER :Toxic: IS :Toxic: OVERPOWERED:Toxic:

Okay what's this all about, I see ppl saying the controller auto aim is way easier on PC than xbox?

Do ppl just forget how ez and forgiving Reach was on all accounts? hitbox, magnetism, etc.

If I shoot you in the butt, as long as it exits your head Reach gives me a headshot. Reach Reach REACH

• Like (+1) 2