CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Huke and Shottzy together. That should be a fun time. Crimsix is also supposed to be on the roster. 

• Like (+1) 2

CoD franchising is just snatching up Halo pro's. I wonder who's next? 

1 minute ago, Hully said:

CoD franchising is just snatching up Halo pro's. I wonder who's next? 

remember when cratos left for cod lol. in all seriousness though, i bet snipedown could do well in cod. dadbite too

3 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

remember when cratos left for cod lol. in all seriousness though, i bet snipedown could do well in cod. dadbite too

Snipedown 100% could do well in CoD. Especially with how well he's doing in Apex, playing on a controller against PC pros. 

4 hours ago, Hully said:

Snipedown 100% could do well in CoD. Especially with how well he's doing in Apex, playing on a controller against PC pros. 

The amount of salt I see about this is so hilarious. Just like the CoD beta when the PS4 pro's were absolutely crushing it. Crimsix even played a full game with aim assist off and dominated which was amusing.

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

I can't wait till Halo kids with controllers are crushing Shroud on MCC PC.

See there's your first mistake.  You're assuming it's gonna happen before Infinite launches.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

See there's your first mistake.  You're assuming it's gonna happen before Infinite launches.  

lol

On 10/15/2019 at 3:27 AM, Knighty Knight said:

- Halo 4 was enjoyable because of Extraction and it's maps. 

- Halo 5 could've been something special but we waited 2 years too long to strip the settings of the bullshit. 

- The amount of bullshit you get in each Halo online is the same.

- In Halo Reach you had to wait a second before being able to throw a grenade you just picked up and it is one of the most irritating things ever.

The setting changes were the most painful thing ever in H5. The HCS team in charge was WAY too scared to iterate. The sad thing is that aside from some map alterations and game modes we all knew what to just straight up remove from the maps/starting loadouts after a couple of weeks and probably would've knee jerk removed them within a couple of days if it had been community driven. Its weird we want to be open minded but we should be sure that that isn't used as a shield for bad ideas like it ended up being in H5

5 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

I can't wait till Halo kids with controllers are crushing Shroud on MCC PC.

I honestly can't wait for this with all of the random people I play WoW or other PC games with talking about MCC on steam lol

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully we see this start to form within a year so that it has time to iron out any kinks before Infinite. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

Hopefully we see this start to form within a year so that it has time to iron out any kinks before Infinite. 

Fool me once.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Might as well just switch to talking about MW till Infinite drops at this rate, fucks sake 

(I'm not mad at Snakebite ofc, just our comp scene, I hope he crushes it)

On 10/15/2019 at 6:08 PM, TheSimms said:

He said more in this video than in all his Halo interviews combined, the power of player training and a good talent lead - good luck to the guy.

Or just production/contractual obligations, lol. If he's reading off a script (Likely), and being paid for it, it wouldn't surprise me he's speaking. Dunno what this would do with player training or talent. Mostly because I highly doubt they're teaching him to talk or somehow fostered it. The dude's just naturally quiet, even if he can talk. Wish it was more common. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

New video is up!  

To answer the question in the title I'd have to say bad overall. Like you said it can be done appropriately but as someone playing the game you hope to never really have to think about microtransactions to begin with mostly because of human greed and people calling the shots higher up often not really caring about the game. They're just trying to profit, sometimes short term, with no actual regard for the gameplay in a lot of cases. If that issue were somehow solved they wouldn't be a bad thing but as it stands we'll just keep seeing loot boxes and other predatory practices revolving around microtransactions

7 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

To answer the question in the title I'd have to say bad overall. Like you said it can be done appropriately but as someone playing the game you hope to never really have to think about microtransactions to begin with mostly because of human greed and people calling the shots higher up often not really caring about the game. They're just trying to profit, sometimes short term, with no actual regard for the gameplay in a lot of cases. If that issue were somehow solved they wouldn't be a bad thing but as it stands we'll just keep seeing loot boxes and other predatory practices revolving around microtransactions

Agreed.  I don't LIKE having MTX (and loot boxes are entirely unacceptable) but at the end of the day if it's something we're going to have to put up with then we should at least force them to implement it in a way that is somewhat consumer friendly. 

On 10/20/2019 at 1:45 AM, Snipe Three said:

free to play economies belong in free to play games

• Like (+1) 5

Jaime Griesemer talking about the Plasma Rifle through the first 3 Halo games and Reach, a long video but really interesting.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Idk if this has been shared before, but theres a guy on twitter working on a low poly Halo game/project made in Unity. Hes been at it for a while now and has a bunch of gifs of it on his twitter you can check out on his timeline. He recently got hired by Mojang (makers of minecraft) so I thought he might drop it, but hes still working on it. Its awesome, and adorable, and I want it! This is his latest post and a few other cool ones. Like I said he has a bunch of other posts of his progress if anyone wants to check them out.

• Like (+1) 5

343 is gonna cease & desist this real quick once it gets traction.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:08 PM, TheSimms said:

He said more in this video than in all his Halo interviews combined, the power of player training and a good talent lead - good luck to the guy.

LOL true.  Kids can mature super fast at that age too. the difference between a 16 year old and 18 year old can be staggering.  Having a script to recite helps too though i'm sure lol.