CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Can't we just ask 343i to show us some gameplay? I feel like if we are very polite and cute they would show us :)

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Seriously why they didn't call the alpha with some codename. I almost gave up on Halo, needed only couple of months of no information and Halo would be totally lost for me. Now i am in it again. Damn you 343.

20 hours ago, Hully said:

Pour one out for Halo's Triple H :(

• Like (+1) 3

Looks like people already forgot about Sab being a creep. 

Also I don’t see maniac tweeting about this squad. So I wonder if he has any idea about them using the BTH name. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MUSE_iC said:

Looks like people already forgot about Sab being a creep. 

Also I don’t see maniac tweeting about this squad. So I wonder if he has any idea about them using the BTH name. 

I mean, it was originally Cloud's team name in the first place.

9dd1795e871656ec0dd56637fc682fdd.png

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So Hardcore Reach feels really good.  That being said, HOLY LAG BATMAN.  If they can get that sorted out then it'll be great, but as it stands right now it's consistently taking upwards of a second to register a kill.  I'd say roughly half (probably more) of my engagements resulted in a trade.

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

I mean, it was originally Cloud's team name in the first place.

9dd1795e871656ec0dd56637fc682fdd.png

Yeah but from what I gathered from his eavesdrop ep. with Hecz he owns the brand now.

8 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

So Hardcore Reach feels really good.  That being said, HOLY LAG BATMAN.  If they can get that sorted out then it'll be great, but as it stands right now it's consistently taking upwards of a second to register a kill.  I'd say roughly half (probably more) of my engagements resulted in a trade.

There is a delay on every server and the audio is completely broken but I'm enjoying it a lot.

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

There is a delay on every server and the audio is completely broken but I'm enjoying it a lot.

I didn't event notice the audio (I listen to music while playing) but the delay is so rough.  Agreed that otherwise it's fun and I'm enjoying it. 

Damn. I thought mason quit 343 so he could compete? Thats unexpected to me. 

Also reach hc is a nice change of pace compared to the shit that is h3 and whatever atrocity youd call mcc h2. Like yall said the dedis just fucking suck. I dont mind the sound being all over the place since sound whoring takes away from the skill gap. Id say its likely to be fixed but its still broke for h2 and h3 mcc. 

The people who complain that Halo shouldn't be a 'one gun game' are probably the same people who use the same weapon, attachment and perk loadout for the entire lifespan of a CoD game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

6 hours ago, Exidrion said:

That was so damn good. Shout out to Muggsy! I cried super hard at the end. RIP Heinz Sr. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

Imagine if that errant enemy rock spawn decided the series.  

7 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

The people who complain that Halo shouldn't be a 'one gun game' are probably the same people who use the same weapon, attachment and perk loadout for the entire lifespan of a CoD game. 

Even at the pro level, players have designated roles and end up all using the same SMG/AR for as long as it's the meta. 

16 hours ago, Exidrion said:

Having not followed much competitive Halo post Halo 3, this was pretty awesome. What a series this must have been to witness live.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Really hard for me to care about a series and content like that when they're playing a game with hitmarkers, three maps, no button Combos, and a BR that practically aims for you...

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

Weawwy hawd fow me tuwu cawe abouwt a sewies awnd content wike thawt when  they'we pwaying a gawme with hitmawkews, thwee maps, no button combos, awnd a br thawt pwacticawwy aims fow uwu. ..

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 5
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

53 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

Really hard for me to care about a series and content like that when they're playing a game with hitmarkers, three maps, no button Combos, and a BR that practically aims for you...

If I had to choose from Infinite’s gameplay resembling H5 or H2A I would pick the latter 10 out of 10 times. Having tied a slayer match in a tournament setting before, seeing it happen 4+ times in a row is wild, regardless of the game. That being said a video along these lines covering some of the legendary matches from CE-H3 would be pretty cool.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doodlepop said:

If I had to choose from Infinite’s gameplay resembling H5 or H2A I would pick the latter 10 out of 10 times. Having tied a slayer match in a tournament setting before, seeing it happen 4+ times in a row is wild, regardless of the game. That being said a video along these lines covering some of the legendary matches from CE-H3 would be pretty cool.

Yeah sure of course, except you know that's not what we're getting for Infinite. It's gonna be another sprint/ability modern shooter with ideas poorly stolen from whatever is popular right now.  And people will wonder why the tournament viewership is the lowest of any esport.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

with ideas poorly stolen from whatever is popular right now.

What ideas could Halo steal that would improve its gameplay?

That CLG vs Noble Black match is absolutely legendary. I attended the event and the crowd was fantastic all weekend long - and the location of the stage in the venue lend itself to a lot of people having to walk past the stage to maneuver through the rest of the venue, thus being able to easily stop to see what all the hype was about - combine that with H2A being a great game, even with the MCC issues at the time - and you get the HCS Season 1 finals. That event seems easily forgotten but was easily one of the best in the post-MLG Halo years.

• Upvote (+1) 1