CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Bit of a strange move from Nfinite to mention the victims name (let alone link their twitter handle?) in their statement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

14 hours ago, Proto said:

From the latest community update

4c1850b8f6924cf342555f6125e85d1a.png

Competitive MCC will never be a thing. Infinite on PC? I still doubt it. Unless the game is stylized far more like a PC-specific shooter, the vast majority are still probably going to play it on console, and PC/console crossplay tournaments aren't a thing. 

2 hours ago, Craneteam said:

some of the tweets in question. damn you just gotta learn how to talk to people

You know what's sad about this? He's probably coerced other girls/women to do this. That's how someone gets to be so casual about being a major league shithead like this. Glad someone outed him on this. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Bit of a strange move from Nfinite to mention the victims name (let alone link their twitter handle?) in their statement.

thats what i thought too. they dont mention sabinator to protect his identity i guess, but you open up this girl to a lot of backlash. she did share publicly but still if you dont know her/the situation, you wouldve never seen the posts. feels wrong to out her in such a public way

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/12/2019 at 6:38 AM, TheSimms said:

First bit of emotion we’ve seen from a winning team in a good few years...

Can't even begin to tell you how happy I was to see that emotion. I NEEDED it.

• Like (+1) 3

On 9/12/2019 at 12:54 PM, Craneteam said:

i dont think i can play shooters on kbm. i cant get the feel of it. im with you in the controlls feel much better after growing up using nothing but controllers

Don't think of it as "leaning to play with a mouse". Think of it as "leaning the guns" (or in Halo's case, re-learning). 

As soon as I focused on learning the nuances of the weapons in Apex instead of trying to dominate the mouse, I stopped sucking. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

They did name him in the tweet that contained the graphic so its weird that it wasn't included there too but makes me feel like it wasn't super intentional

Did Sab delete his twitter entirely or just change his handle? 

21 hours ago, Zavehi said:

KBM is really not that hard to learn. I'm not sure why all the console kids I know just accept that its impossible for them because they are used to a controller. Invest in a solid mouse/pad, pick a good sensitivity (going high sens is not the best option for most people and this where is most people fuck up, honestly just look at what pros are using in whatever game you are doing and move around from there) and stick with the same stuff. There are plenty of tools to replicate sensitivity across games.

Within a couple of weeks/months playing with a controller will feel like running on a treadmill made of ice, plus you will never have to worry about shit like stick drift and deadzones again.

Pretty much this.  Get a decent mouse, lower the sensitivity way lower than you think you need to and give yourself plenty of room to move the mouse around on the desk.  From there just play a decent amount and it'll be fine.  The balance of the weapons will be different but thats game knowledge, not mechanical.

5 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Maybe because she came out publicly first? Lots of esports orgs are ran by people that are brand new to the business and PR game so that may play a role too.  I don't know shit about Nfinite, but if they have Halo players they can't be a big established org with good "PR people".

17 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Time for a Tibby Service Announcement:

PLEASE, FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR LONG-TERM HEALTH, PICK A MOUSE DPI BELOW 1500 AND USE A LOW SENSITIVITY.

ENSURE LOTS OF SPACE FOR YOUR MOUSE TO MOVE, AND TAKE CARE TO PLAY ON LOWER SENSITIVIES.  THIS REDUCES THE MICROSTRAIN ON YOUR WRIST JOINTS BY MOVING THE MAJORITY OF THE MOTION TO THE MUSCLES IN YOUR ARM, WHICH ARE MORE PREPARED TO HANDLE THE MOTION.

IT MAY BE SLOWER, BUT YOUR BODY WILL THANK YOU TEN YEARS DOWN THE ROAD.

This is very true and good advice. Obviously pick a sensitivity that works for you and be comfortable but try not to be someone that has a claw and or finger tip grip (not the console kind) that puts everything onto your wrist movements. It took me forever to adjust and get away from doing that. tldr use your arm not your wrist where applicable 

2 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Time for a Tibby Service Announcement:

PLEASE, FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR LONG-TERM HEALTH, PICK A MOUSE DPI BELOW 1500 AND USE A LOW SENSITIVITY.

ENSURE LOTS OF SPACE FOR YOUR MOUSE TO MOVE, AND TAKE CARE TO PLAY ON LOWER SENSITIVIES.  THIS REDUCES THE MICROSTRAIN ON YOUR WRIST JOINTS BY MOVING THE MAJORITY OF THE MOTION TO THE MUSCLES IN YOUR ARM, WHICH ARE MORE PREPARED TO HANDLE THE MOTION.

IT MAY BE SLOWER, BUT YOUR BODY WILL THANK YOU TEN YEARS DOWN THE ROAD.

QFT

4 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

that friends clip was perfect lol. great work as always. sweet, simple and clean

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

USE A LOW SENSITIVITY.

I made this change when Insurgency: Sandstorm came out and I went from getting 0 kills a game to actually being competent. I legit went from hating PC shooters to liking them.

Seriously, if you're a PC shooter pleb, drop it WAAAAY down. Insurgency has a 0 - 100 sensitivity range and I play on 20. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

i was such a pleb before i dropped my sens to LOW. now i feel PRO

This ONE tip will have YOU fragging like A PRO.

Use the code "shekkles" on skillshare for 10% off.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

On 9/13/2019 at 10:06 AM, Riddler said:

Yeah thats really creepy. Not to mention its a misdemeanor in some states to send dick pics like that. I feel like that should be a temp ban from events. 

And no professional organization should work with him again in the future.

3 hours ago, FlizzyFletch said:

I think that goes without saying. Not only was it simply wrong but he managed to more than over step on an issue that is under A LOT of scrutiny lately. It doesn't make sense on any level for orgs to have anything to do with him again. The dude is radioactive PR wise if anyone picks up the story and runs with it. It should be over for him, and deservedly so. People can change and maybe he could work out his differences with the (3?) different women in those twitter feeds claiming to have experienced this but I have no idea why anyone would ever associate their brand with that

4 hours ago, FlizzyFletch said:

that's what probably is going to happen. 

There are "real" ex-criminals in professional sports. if an org thinks sab can make em money then they'll sign him, but halo is going to have to become bigger than fortnite for that to happen. 

12 hours ago, Riddler said:

that's what probably is going to happen. 

There are "real" ex-criminals in professional sports. if an org thinks sab can make em money then they'll sign him, but halo is going to have to become bigger than fortnite for that to happen. 

Yeah that last bit is pretty unfortunate but also true. We're just not really in a place where that kind of money is flying around so it shouldn't be a factor I'd think

So with no HCS/event announcement until Nov. 5th guess its safe to assume nothing for Dreamhack ATL? 

1 hour ago, Skor said:

So with no HCS/event announcement until Nov. 5th guess its safe to assume nothing for Dreamhack ATL? 

Looking that way. My guess is Reach PC tournaments at Anaheim DreamHack early next year