CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

UGC was awesome! I wish viewers could've heard how hype the crowd got. Alcohol remains the MVP

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Riddler said:

Yall are weird. Let people use controller on pc for events if they want, with or without aim assist. The only debate we should be having is if we should allow kbm for console events. 

I'm in favor of the game having KBM support on console with KBM allowed in tournament. The largest and most united scene we could have is one where all input options are allowed so everyone is showing up to events regardless of which system the tournament is run on. In this day and age, there's no reason for KBM to not be supported on console and if it's on console there's no reason to ban it at tournaments.

No reason to not allow people play with a controller on pc. If theres even going to be a comp scene for PC let people use whatever they want.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

No reason to not allow people play with a controller on pc. If theres even going to be a comp scene for PC let people use whatever they want.

Sure, if anyone wants to take a controller against Kb/m when there is a console/controller only scene right across the hall then be my guest.

No top players on PC is going to be using a controller at tournaments. 

On 9/9/2019 at 8:20 AM, Sandman said:

First bit of emotion we’ve seen from a winning team in a good few years...

• Like (+1) 9

55 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

No top players on PC is going to be using a controller at tournaments. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Snipedown win an Apex Legends tourney using a controller on PC?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Snipedown win an Apex Legends tourney using a controller on PC?

2nd place but your point still stands. he was on fire for that event

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TheSimms said:

I dunno REC were really fired up after winning Austin...

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

UGC was awesome! I wish viewers could've heard how hype the crowd got. Alcohol remains the MVP

the technology just isn't there yet

• Like (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1

I think Halo's movement speed / sandbox tuning historically has meant that the difference between controller / kbm isn't nearly as big as it would be in other games. There's some elements of Halo that actually suit thumbsticks much better than WASD and mouse aiming. With proper aim assist tuning I think a solid controller player (every current halo pro) could complete well against keyboard players. 

• Like (+1) 8

4 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

That's because controller aim assist or bullet mag in apex legends is INSANE late game, you can just hold the trigger down on any automatic gun close combat and rail players without a care in the world. Its also so many people play controller in Destiny 2 - its too OP not to.

While I've always been on the side of PC players/mouse and keyboard will absolutely slap the shit out of controller users, if the controllers are overpowered and viable then you will see good console players perform very well. Early game as example snipedown will get battered at range because people sniping with M&K are just too damn good, but if his 2 PC users are sick and work as a team and get him to the end game/late game with a full auto its easy mode.

Lets not take anything away from the skill console players have on the sticks, but M&K will cut them in 2 unless the aim assist/bullet mag is weighed heavy in their favour (fortshite also does this). Expect this to be the future and cross platform designed to be accessible and playable, hybrid teams (while only a few) of controllers and K&M will become the norm.

• Fire (+1) 1

@TheSimms Don’t think I like the idea of teams having kbm users who specialize in sniping due to mouse precision and controller users who specialize in autos because of the aim assist.  

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

@TheSimms Don’t think I like the idea of teams having kbm users who specialize in sniping due to mouse precision and controller users who specialize in autos because of the aim assist.  

Unfortunately its becoming the norm, Destiny 2 paved the way with how easy it is to tank on PC players with a controller and now Fortnite/Cross platform is making it easy for anyone to play anybody without barriers.

Should I finally learn to play on M&K or accept the fact that after two decades with a controller, I'll never be as comfortable with anything else?

24 minutes ago, Hully said:

Should I finally learn to play on M&K or accept the fact that after two decades with a controller, I'll never be as comfortable with anything else?

i dont think i can play shooters on kbm. i cant get the feel of it. im with you in the controlls feel much better after growing up using nothing but controllers

KBM is really not that hard to learn. I'm not sure why all the console kids I know just accept that its impossible for them because they are used to a controller. Invest in a solid mouse/pad, pick a good sensitivity (going high sens is not the best option for most people and this where is most people fuck up, honestly just look at what pros are using in whatever game you are doing and move around from there) and stick with the same stuff. There are plenty of tools to replicate sensitivity across games.

Within a couple of weeks/months playing with a controller will feel like running on a treadmill made of ice, plus you will never have to worry about shit like stick drift and deadzones again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

14 hours ago, TheSimms said:

It's nice. It feels like the other players are all on drugs that remove all emotion. I get hyped if I win a 49-50 matchmaking game let alone a tournament I'd sunk 200+ hours into practicing. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

EETtf7vUEAMVgoz.jpg

Yeah after looking through some things this is pretty sad. The messages she showed on twitter managed to make him look as stupid as he was creepy and that is no small task. Hope to never see something like that again

some of the tweets in question. damn you just gotta learn how to talk to people

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah thats really creepy. Not to mention its a misdemeanor in some states to send dick pics like that. I feel like that should be a temp ban from events.