CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

All Stars (Snipedown, Pistola, Eco, Frosty) playing now on the C stream

16 minutes ago, Proto said:

All Stars (Snipedown, Pistola, Eco, Frosty) playing now on the C stream

its cool having frosty back but odd not seeing him on tox

• Upvote (+1) 1

having the stream muted and listening with the h3 soundtrack makes these fights feel epic

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/3/2019 at 11:37 AM, TheSimms said:

Dont know why its quoting u

48 teams for h3 hype. 

Man, I chose the wrong time to tune in. No gameplay on any of the 3 streams for 30+ minutes

1 minute ago, V1E said:

Man, I chose the wrong time to tune in. No gameplay on any of the 3 streams for 30+ minutes

Tomorrow there's the H5 and CE events kicking off (plus I'm assuming some FFA stuff on stream) so hopefully they find a way to fill some of these gaps.  

Less than 5 minute Narrows CTF game is not something you see very often

Big time matchup starting very shortly. 

Snipedown/Pistola/Eco/Frosty (Goldmembers now - changed from All Stars) vs Ryanoob/Goofy/Gabriel/Gilkey (Lux Gaming)

Why are team names changing? It doesn't really stop me from following since I recognize the players but its pretty weird and probably confusing for any new or unfamiliar viewer

19 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Why are team names changing? It doesn't really stop me from following since I recognize the players but its pretty weird and probably confusing for any new or unfamiliar viewer

Sponsorships, or lack thereof.

The team name changing has been odd - not sure what's going on.

And Lux with a fairly easy 3-0 over Goldmembers

Network difficulties on the bravo stream will cause this Aspire vs InControl match to be played on the main stage.

In other news, I got to be the observer AND cast for H3 for the first time today over on the bravo stream. I picked the stream’s POV for the 1st and 3rd matches today, and casted the 2nd match. It was a total thrill and I can’t wait to do it again. 

This weekend is off to an awesome start. I hope you guys get a chance to check out the H1 tournament tomorrow. Scrubtwista and I will be casting it all day. Come show us some love!

Edit: Right after hitting send, they e sat back down again. Tune into the Bravo stream and I’ll run the switcher :)

Edit again: Nevermind. XBL is having issues and the match will be played offline :(

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

Pools so far with Aspire vs Incontrol still to play tonight

4acce628d8866494b2095f73d58b50cf.png

39d2cbf5219138b17a556b7d4cffa978.png

a7c7b1b539fe345f43af3fb50fa185f7.png

8ff7f470712f3d4b53ffae0598c4f663.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Why did they end the stream if there are still matches being played on the stream station? Can I get a facebook live phone stream? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Riddler said:

Why did they end the stream if there are still matches being played on the stream station? Can I get a facebook live phone stream? 

Going off what HardWay said, I guess there was issues with XBL.  Probably didn't want to hold things up this late at night if they weren't sure when they were gonna play. 

Just now, Trespa5s said:

Going off what HardWay said, I guess there was issues with XBL.  Probably didn't want to hold things up this late at night if they weren't sure when they were gonna play. 

issues with xbl doesnt seem like it would be a problem for streaming. u either can't play the game because live servers are down, or you can. the venue internet is what affects streaming

• Like (+1) 1

What a disappointing performance from Snipedown and co. Hope they bounce back tomorrow

XBL is currently down, and MCC does not let you sign on and play the game unless you sign into your XBL account - hence the issues

1 minute ago, Riddler said:

issues with xbl doesnt seem like it would be a problem for streaming. u either can't play the game because live servers are down, or you can. the venue internet is what affects streaming

What? XBL is down, meaning they  can't play games because as far as I know they still need a live connection.

20 minutes ago, Riddler said:

It wouldn't affect the streaming, but if you have no idea when you're going to be able to play the games (because they were having issues playing due to XBL), it doesn't make sense to keep any more talent/staff there than necessary at 9pm when it could be an hour or more before it's played if was even tonight at all. 

EDIT:  Looks it wasn't that ridiculous after all.