CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

I don't trust Blevins making an accurate assessment of a game, especially since he's easy to keep quiet if enough money is tossed his way

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You are all just mad because H4 was the best game in the series.

• Toxic (+1) 8
  • WutFace (+0) 2

10 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I don't trust Blevins making an accurate assessment of a game, especially since he's easy to keep quiet if enough money is tossed his way

It's not his assessment. It's him making it in general. Star power counts for so much. Microsoft have made an incredible move 

I don't trust anything until I get a good months play time into the game

7 hours ago, Hully said:

So building in Infinite confirmed?

I mean I'd bet my bottom dollar it'll have Forge sooooo...

36 minutes ago, Hully said:

damn that sucks to see, but i guess not unexpected since they released the halo roster. but i still hate the recpack name. i dont know why you would brand yourself with halo 5's microtransactions

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

damn that sucks to see, but i guess not unexpected since they released the halo roster. but i still hate the recpack name. i dont know why you would brand yourself with halo 5's microtransactions

I remember back when the name Reciprocity was announced thinking that it sounded like some kid who really wanted an "OG" gamertag. So then they just flipped through a dictionary trying out different words until they found one that hadn't been taken. The whole RECpack thing is even worse, considering it's referencing Halo 5 and loot boxes. Sucks to see Tom leave though, hopefully he'll be back in the Halo scene in some capacity next year.

30 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

wow that's really unexpected. it sucks to see him exit halo, but that's 343's fault more than anything. i mean honestly, there is no reason halo shouldve dropped off the map like it did. burning the mlg bridge killed our scene. good luck to him though

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

I think 4 consecutive disappointing Halo launches are more to blame for the state of the scene rather than not having MLG.

i mean yeah mcc and h4 really set us back, but lets not pretend cod has been pumping out great games this whole time. h5 wouldve had a great scene if we had let mlg build a competitive scene during h4 vswhatever mess alg and esl shat out

3 hours ago, TheSimms said:

Franchise league money.

i cannot believe how much money people are putting out to buy into a league whose game has yearly releases. it's a huge gamble

• Upvote (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Morachip said:

i think devin nash's content is great and worth checking out if you havent seen it before. if you didnt know devin was ceo of clg. he sold the tox halo team to hecz and optic

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

:ace:

Man I'm going to miss roybox/OG instinct but this team will be incredibly fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

:ace:

its fun watching frosty bounce between 2 games. he is so damn talented

• Like (+1) 1

I see all these leagues with these insane buy-ins and 100% think its the esports league owners fleecing these owners that are used to traditional sports prices.  When OWL was first announced everybody in this forum was like, "Yeah a 20mil buy in, city based model is never going to be sustainable" and that shit is coming home to roost. Some random nerds in a Halo forum shouldn't know more about how well something is going to do than the people spending millions of dollars just to get into a league.

• Like (+1) 5

New video is live!  Another "Brief History of" video for you all!  This time on the Battle Rifle.  Enjoy!  

17 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

that's sad to see.maybe you can come save halo now @Clap

This does possibly pose a unique opportunity for Halo Infinite depending on what his plans are in terms of running events.