CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, L377UC3 said:

50 v 50 sounds fucking awful. TTK is way too long.

I'd be open to arguments about 20 v 20 but anything bigger than that is just not playing to Halo's strengths.

Buddy, we only talk about COD here. Stop trying to go off topic with Halo, or whatever that game is called

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

Buddy, we only talk about COD here. Stop trying to go off topic with Halo, or whatever that game is called

Epic derp

14 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Nah man. Microtransactions, trendchasing and immersion.

Edit: Seems you were right. This is interesting stuff.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/27/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-crunch-qa-mistreatment-monetisation-frustrations-report/

You know the QA gets blamed for missing the devs shitty code too in a setup like that.  I do QA but luckily i'm employed directly and not a contractor, have direct access to and work with the developers all the time.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

You know the QA gets blamed for missing the devs shitty code too in a setup like that.  I do QA but luckily i'm employed directly and not a contractor, have direct access to and work with the developers all the time.

In the industry or just software development in general? Because if it's in the game's industry that's a hell of a rare situation from what I've heard.

35 minutes ago, SuperHippo said:

Everyone on earth believes the Mixer move is a prequel to Halo: Infinite promo.

Still nice to see it coming true.

WARNING: THREE NINJA POSTS REMAINING.

4 hours ago, darkstar said:

Imagine if Ninja single handedly saves Halo. lmao

Halo killed by the Guardians.

Saved by Ninja's.

WARNING: TWO NINJA POSTS REMAINING.

6 minutes ago, FeaR said:

Ninja

WARNING: ONE NINJA POST REMAINING.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else ever think about how the fall of the Ninja in Japanese warrior culture closely follows that of the fall of Halo from video game culture?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

his description "but... you never know" gives me chills. he can sell the shit outta h6

Isn't he talking about Chief and his armor? Yeah Infinite's art style looks good so far, we already knew that, but gameplay is what really counts. 

7 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Anyone else ever think about how the fall of the Ninja in Japanese warrior culture closely follows that of the fall of Halo from video game culture?

1MJDV8e_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SuperHippo said:

a) i love how even here theres a ligma joke

b)

hnadJo7.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

15 hours ago, L377UC3 said:

In the industry or just software development in general? Because if it's in the game's industry that's a hell of a rare situation from what I've heard.

Oh no just software development in general. AAA Game development is like "Agile/Waterfall" so there is always a need to hire testers near the end of the 3 year push.  I'm sure those QA contractors for treyarch were basically running regression over and over. They should still have some full time QAs on staff.  Our full timers basically act as the liason between other departments and interns to funnel stuff to the devs.  But once someone from another department is handling something, they can work with the dev directly.  MUCH smaller operation and much less complex.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

@Trespa5s What kinds of innovations would you like to see in Halo?

Maybe the introduction of a new power-up could be cool.  I think a big one though would be introducing a round based mode into the game though.  Not necessarily SnD/Breakout style with no respawn, although I still think it could be cool but Halo's long TTK isn't as conducive to that as CoD or CSGO. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Something like Wipeout from Diabotical could be fun. It's round-based TDM but everytime someone on a team dies the respawn timer increases by 5s. First to wipe out the entire enemy team wins the round. Reminds me a lot of Extermination but IMO it's a better ruleset as it punishes every death.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Basu said:

Something like Wipeout from Diabotical could be fun. It's round-based TDM but everytime someone on a team dies the respawn timer increases by 5s. First to wipe out the entire enemy team wins the round. Reminds me a lot of Extermination but IMO it's a better ruleset as it punishes every death.

I like this. This is cool.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Basu said:

2 minutes ago, L377UC3 said:

I like this. This is cool.

To prevent stalements make weapons and powerups start spawning 1 minute into the round. Could even add a neutral flag that while held makes downed teammates spawn 2x as fast or something. I just want a gamemode that is playable on default maps, not some shit like Breakout that requires the entire game to be built around it. Even if ends up not being competitively viable, I think such a mode could be fun for social at least.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 8/22/2019 at 4:19 PM, Apoll0 said:

Oh no just software development in general. AAA Game development is like "Agile/Waterfall" so there is always a need to hire testers near the end of the 3 year push.  I'm sure those QA contractors for treyarch were basically running regression over and over. They should still have some full time QAs on staff.  Our full timers basically act as the liason between other departments and interns to funnel stuff to the devs.  But once someone from another department is handling something, they can work with the dev directly.  MUCH smaller operation and much less complex.

Lumping together Agile, & Waterfall is a tad weird.

On 8/22/2019 at 6:29 AM, Knighty Knight said:

his description "but... you never know" gives me chills. he can sell the shit outta h6

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1