Jump to content
CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Don't get your hopes up people. Game looks and sounds like Halo, but playing like it?

Well, I just hope you make an informed decision.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm expecting nothing out of Infinite.

At this point we have to hope that mod support for PC MCC is good enough to where we can just make our own game. Use one of the games (Reach?) as a starting point, add weapons, refine weapons, add powerups (*new* powerups, not just lazy timed trait boosts), alter powerups, refine maps (maybe fixing Sword Base outside of the limitations of forge), create new maps with actual art assets instead of just forge stuff, add/mess with existing functionalities like the spawn system or aiming.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just me or is the out of game audio out of sync? Not by much, just enough for me to notice it, could just be me though.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

Flag Dropped. 

FLAG STOLEN!

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/13/2019 at 6:53 PM, Basu said:

I love competitive CE but my brain literally cannot handle 4-way split screen. @Hard Way's commentary is awesome though and helps guide the eyes.

Just watch one team or one pov. Thats why its 4. U can just choose who to watch

Share this post


Link to post

Have a new video that I'm testing the YouTube premiere feature for.  Going to be starting at noon eastern (about 20 minutes).  Hope to see some of you there! 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Watching CoD Finals vs where the halo scene now is pathetic. Theres no momentum going into infinite at all

 

 But then CoD will be less interesting with franchising next year also. If Halo got their act together, orgs that will be priced/left out of CoD could have wanted to switch.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Riddler said:

Just watch one team or one pov. Thats why its 4. U can just choose who to watch

Dman designed it to switch easily for a reason. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Whole tournament happened this weekend and we got like half a page.

  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zavehi said:

Whole tournament happened this weekend and we got like half a page.

It's been pretty well established Halo is dad until we are Infinitely disappointed. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

It's been pretty well established Halo is dad

:simms:

Share this post


Link to post

I wish there was something I could personally do to help the halo scene grow and prosper :(

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I wish there was something I could personally do to help the halo scene grow and prosper :(

Pre-order Halo Wars 2.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Pre-order Halo Wars 2.

Halo Wars: Infinite Resources 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Sandman said:

I wish there was something I could personally do to help the halo scene grow and prosper :(

You're looking to do too much.

You already are doing a huge part in establishing amazing coverage. That will influence many people to hire more media as well as photographers to get off their ass and shoot their favorite esport!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/18/2019 at 6:54 PM, Zavehi said:

Whole tournament happened this weekend and we got like half a page.

MJQ0XL6.png

  • Upvote (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I miss Halo fam

Modern Warfare is taking CoD waaay back to basics in terms of core gameplay loop, tone and theme. Halo and Battlefield fucked up with their respective fifth game.

Return to basics. You get the tourist gamers who buy the brand, but you also get the ex-fans who buy the memory and want the new.

Win/win.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Modern Warfare is taking CoD waaay back to basics in terms of core gameplay loop, tone and theme. Halo and Battlefield fucked up with their respective fifth game.

Return to basics. You get the tourist gamers who buy the brand, but you also get the ex-fans who buy the memory and want the new.

Win/win.

The new MW is also the result of a lot of the original Infinity Ward devs that left during the contract shit-show during MW2 coming back.  

Vonderhaar also let it slip on twitter that he hasn't had any real control over the Black Ops games at Treyarch since Black Ops 2 (and Blackout, which people like).

 

I'm sure if we got a lot of original Bungie people back making Halo they could bring things back to form too but it's not exactly the most realistic thing to hope for. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

The new MW is also the result of a lot of the original Infinity Ward devs that left during the contract shit-show during MW2 coming back.  

Vonderhaar also let it slip on twitter that he hasn't had any real control over the Black Ops games at Treyarch since Black Ops 2 (and Blackout, which people like).

 

I'm sure if we got a lot of original Bungie people back making Halo they could bring things back to form too but it's not exactly the most realistic thing to hope for. 

Nah man. Microtransactions, trendchasing and immersion.

 

Edit: Seems you were right. This is interesting stuff.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/27/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-crunch-qa-mistreatment-monetisation-frustrations-report/

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Modern Warfare is taking CoD waaay back to basics in terms of core gameplay loop, tone and theme. Halo and Battlefield fucked up with their respective fifth game.

WW2 did the same thing but dropped the ball on map design and again had microtransaction bullshit. MW looks good I won't deny that but I'm not buying it at launch. They've done the "no microtransactions" => "only cosmetics" => "p2w mtx" loop way too many times. MW won't even have a season pass apparently, how else are they going to make money?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Basu said:

WW2 did the same thing but dropped the ball on map design and again had microtransaction bullshit. MW looks good I won't deny that but I'm not buying it at launch. They've done the "no microtransactions" => "only cosmetics" => "p2w mtx" loop way too many times. MW won't even have a season pass apparently, how else are they going to make money?

WW2 dropped the game in many ways. For me (never played it because it looked shit) the biggest deterrents were:

- Awful sound design as usual (MW looks like the first CoD EVER with good gun sounds).

- Garbage art direction.

- Weapon handling of a PS2 game rather than a AAA title.

MW fixes all of these so I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm extremely excited to see if it shatters the glass on cross platform. Fuck yes please we need it. I never buy on launch ever with the sole exception of Total War: Warhammer II because I was hype af and have no regrets.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.