CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Another new video for you guys.  This one's on the balancing act 343 has to do between old and new fans.  Enjoy!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

@Trespa5s great content man keep it coming. also i have respect for voicing over a game you're losing LOL

Sad to Rec go but can't really say I'm surprised.  Was likely going to come sooner or later.  Hopefully Roybox/Ola stay together and keep competing in H3 at the very least.  

Thanks for the kind words man!  

• Like (+1) 1

Really no reason for orgs to be involved at the current moment from their standpoint. Nothing to gain.

4 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

Sad to Rec go but can't really say I'm surprised.  Was likely going to come sooner or later.  Hopefully Roybox/Ola stay together and keep competing in H3 at the very least.  

Thanks for the kind words man!  

I hope they do as well, but I doubt it. Ola barely likes the game and I haven’t seen Roybox playing in a while. What other events are even in the works for H3 right now other than the London one?

19 minutes ago, MUSE_iC said:

I hope they do as well, but I doubt it. Ola barely likes the game and I haven’t seen Roybox playing in a while. What other events are even in the works for H3 right now other than the London one?

There's a UGC event in Atlantic City from September 6-8th but I believe that's it for now.  

• Like (+1) 1

I was really hoping this Grassroots thing was going to keep Roy and LBX around until Infinite, and then a miracle would happen, the game would be decent, and they'd continue competing. Unfortunately I really don't see that happening now. It's cool to see Snipedown playing Apex though, and on a controller no less. 

I’m casting the Beach LAN H:CE 2v2 tournament tomorrow (Mon) at 12est. I hope to see some familiar names in the chat. Come show some love for your Beyond fam and the H1 scene!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

On 8/10/2019 at 8:47 PM, Zavehi said:

Really no reason for orgs to be involved at the current moment from their standpoint. Nothing to gain.

you know its bad when another halo born org leaves halo

• Like (+1) 1

They really should have had another Worlds with H3 and more LAN events with lower price pools and less online qualifiers. I mean they still could honestly. We are still really far away from Infinite.

4 minutes ago, MUSE_iC said:

They really should have had another Worlds with H3 and more LAN events with lower price pools and less online qualifiers. I mean they still could honestly. We are still really far away from Infinite.

I mean for the first worlds in 2016, the announcement that a World Championship was happening was made in the August of 2015, and the format wasn't even revealed until the fall so I'm not convinced there won't be one just yet.

• Like (+1) 1

Hey you - yes, YOU - what are you doing? Oh, you're not watching BeachLAN 8? SAD!

Well you're in luck, here's a link to the stream!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Proto said:

Hey you - yes, YOU - what are you doing? Oh, you're not watching BeachLAN 8? SAD!

Well you're in luck, here's a link to the stream!

its always nice watching some good h1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I love competitive CE but my brain literally cannot handle 4-way split screen. @Hard Way's commentary is awesome though and helps guide the eyes.

• Simms (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Basu said:

I love competitive CE but my brain literally cannot handle 4-way split screen. @Hard Way's commentary is awesome though and helps guide the eyes.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! 

• Like (+1) 5

Made a live commentary this afternoon for the first time in a while.  Let me know what you guys think!  

On 8/12/2019 at 10:20 PM, MUSE_iC said:

A Worlds event for halo 3 is what I wanted. I honestly feel like the classic halo events could have been way bigger with the right planning, hype, consistency and reason to attend.

maybe I’m wrong and talking out my ass. What do I know..I’m just a photographer.

ps - BeachLAN has been a blast

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:49 PM, Sandman said:

A Worlds event for halo 3 is what I wanted. I honestly feel like the classic halo events could have been way bigger with the right planning, hype, consistency and reason to attend.

maybe I’m wrong and talking out my ass. What do I know..I’m just a photographer.

ps - BeachLAN has been a blast

No I think youre right. The first events we had for H3 had a good showing and with proper planning worlds could have been huge. Now im not so sure. It might still be possible, but they will need to come up with a good consistent road-map leading into it. 

In other news apparently the Halo Wars team is the team working on porting MCC to PC. Waypoint

COtX8aB.png

1 hour ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Didn't The 4 have some important people leave during the home stretch of development?

Ruh-roh

I mean, not like any of us truly had any high hopes for this game, other than maybe a little cautious optimism.