CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

I really wanna know what they gave him to ditch twitch.

I have a feeling 10 mil

20 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

I have a feeling 10 mil

Honestly wouldnt doubt that at all. I also saw rumors of shares of Mixer.

It'd have to be a chunk of money that Twitch couldn't match, because there's no way they wouldn't match. Besides, Microsoft has everything to gain from him switching over, even if they have to massively overpay him. 

100 bucks says they're going to pay him a large chunk to come back to play Halo when infinite drops. I bet that's why they did this early to get him back home into the Microsoft corner 

• Upvote (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

100 bucks says they're going to pay him a large chunk to come back to play Halo when infinite drops. I bet that's why they did this early to get him back home into the Microsoft corner 

Honestly i would bet that's where the deal started. 

They want someone who can pull (literally) millions of followers over to the Mixer platform. They NEED Halo infinite to do well. The guy that happens to be the biggest streamer on the planet also has credo as a multi-game Halo pro? Its a win for both parties honestly. Get him on the platform well before Infinite comes out. Pull over his viewers. I bet spending time playing Halo on stream is part of the deal. Probably Reach when it comes to PC MCC. Definitely Infinite.  I know people think that Ninja probably got overpaid, but this could end up being some money very well spent by Microsoft.  You are worth what the market is willing to pay.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if there was something in his contract related to Halo Infinite and it's launch/the launch of Project Scarlett - but on the flipside Ninja is a big enough get for Mixer/Microsoft that he may not have agreed to that or that Mixer/Microsoft did not deem is necessary and the money spoke louder. He has said before he feels as though he owes nothing to Halo in regards to his success, which is of course true, so it will be interesting to see come next fall.

Doubt it's a lump sum and more a multi-year contract. Wonder if he'll appear on Inside Xbox to further push him going to mixer. I hope they don't because only reason I watch that is for new info about games & game pass(and previously Back Compat. RIP), everything else is time consuming padding to me.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Proto said:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if there was something in his contract related to Halo Infinite and it's launch/the launch of Project Scarlett - but on the flipside Ninja is a big enough get for Mixer/Microsoft that he may not have agreed to that or that Mixer/Microsoft did not deem is necessary and the money spoke louder. He has said before he feels as though he owes nothing to Halo in regards to his success, which is of course true, so it will be interesting to see come next fall.

he did sponsored streams on twitch, so i have no doubt he'll dabble in pc mcc and infinite when it comes out. if his view #s are good maybe he'll stick with it for a while. this is a good move for mixer. i think mixer is honestly a good product, but just no one streams on it. maybe this will help grow the service

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

he did sponsored streams on twitch, so i have no doubt he'll dabble in pc mcc and infinite when it comes out. if his view #s are good maybe he'll stick with it for a while. this is a good move for mixer. i think mixer is honestly a good product, but just no one streams on it. maybe this will help grow the service

Mixer > Twitch as far as streamer and viewer features goes. Co-Streaming alone is a badass feature

• Like (+1) 1

ninja was paid 1m to stream apex for 2 days. keep that in mind.

definitely an 8 figure contract. He doesn't need to make more than what he does on twitch now though. Ninja could easily think "I lucked out, fortnite is gunna die, I should get all the money I can while I can." 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mow said:

Hmmm....

i guess that confirms playing halo again. maybe he'll help promote hcs as well? he was always awesome when he was on the desk

1 hour ago, Humpflung said:

Yup. Ninja's coming home

Not only is he coming home, Microsoft is taking matters into their own hands to make sure he arrives. Some things are better off not being left to chance.

Also, hey everyone. Lurker here. :simms:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

WE LOVE FORTNITE POGGERS WE LOVE FORTNITE POGGERS pls save halo ninja WE LOVE FORTNITE POGGERS

How is Ninja going to retain most of his Royale-loving fanbase? This makes me think there indeed is some sort of Halo Royale in the works. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TeeJaY said:

How is Ninja going to retain most of his Royale-loving fanbase? This makes me think there indeed is some sort of Halo Royale in the works. 

Oh of course there is.  It would be stupid not to include it.  I have no problem with 343 making a BR gametype.  Dropping in from orbit and the like. They just need to really be sure its treated as a separate gametypes. Let BR be its own, totally isolated thing. If it effects the design of any other parts of the game it can fuck off.

I would not at all be surprise if Warzone and BR were basically split off as their own F2P thing, supported by microtransactions.  Which i also don't have a problem with as long as the microtransactions are cosmetic-only.  If they basically copypasta Reach's customization and charge for it they would make bank.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

Oh of course there is.  It would be stupid not to include it.  I have no problem with 343 making a BR gametype.  Dropping in from orbit and the like. They just need to really be sure its treated as a separate gametypes. Let BR be its own, totally isolated thing. If it effects the design of any other parts of the game it can fuck off.

I'd much prefer if Halo BR was its own game altogether. This way the mechanics can be built from the ground up with that sort of gameplay in mind, and they wouldn't have to worry about intruding on Infinite's experience (like WZ did with H5).

Unfortunately, they will probably just try to cram it into Infinite. Although with all this extra dev time, it could possibly work out this time around.

You guys are actually delusional if you think this move was to aid promotion for Halo. Sure it helps but it’s nowhere near the main reason. Ninja stuck through AGL and practically begged people to continue supporting a community for the shittiest game in our series. It’s clear that he loved Halo, and I have no doubt in my mind that he would’ve at least played a bit of MCC PC son stream or Infinite, whether he was on twitch or mixer. Microsoft didn’t need to pay him for that lol. Microsoft did this to open up their streaming platform because if they get a large share of this market, they will have much more power and influence in esports and gaming as a whole. Having Mixer be successful is probably much more valuable than having one successful game. On a side note, I wouldn’t be surprised if news comes out for a few more big name streamers like Dr Lupo or something to move over to Mixer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

4 hours ago, andregr said:

Ninja stuck through AGL and practically begged people to continue supporting a community for the best game in our series. 

FTFY.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5
  • Thonking (+0) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

4 hours ago, andregr said:

You guys are actually delusional if you think this move was to aid promotion for Halo. Sure it helps but it’s nowhere near the main reason. Ninja stuck through AGL and practically begged people to continue supporting a community for the shittiest game in our series. It’s clear that he loved Halo, and I have no doubt in my mind that he would’ve at least played a bit of MCC PC son stream or Infinite, whether he was on twitch or mixer. Microsoft didn’t need to pay him for that lol. Microsoft did this to open up their streaming platform because if they get a large share of this market, they will have much more power and influence in esports and gaming as a whole. Having Mixer be successful is probably much more valuable than having one successful game. On a side note, I wouldn’t be surprised if news comes out for a few more big name streamers like Dr Lupo or something to move over to Mixer.

Pretty sure everybody has said the #1 reason they paid him to switch was to get a direct injection of literally millions of eyeballs.....  All the Halo stuff (and other Microsoft exclusives probably) would certainly have been part of the deal but definitely a secondary consideration.

• Upvote (+1) 1