CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

On 7/24/2019 at 12:26 PM, Stoppabl3 said:

Bruh from h5 to infinite, I went from single to engaged within this time span. Crazy stuff.

What the.. Congrats bro!

Side note: It's crazy that I can't even consider myself a Halo player anymore. I've started as the worst Halo player imaginable, placing Top 32 in FFA and 4v4, to not even remotely thinking about Halo again. We gotta get the team online one of these days soon and roll people in the H2 playlist.

----------------------

Side question for everyone else: Is there anything going on right now? Tournament related? Don't care which Halo game.

• Like (+1) 2

Damn mcc released when i was in my last year of college. Completely forgot about that since i played like 10 total games during college cuz mcc was that broke. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

What the.. Congrats bro!

Side note: It's crazy that I can't even consider myself a Halo player anymore. I've started as the worst Halo player imaginable, placing Top 32 in FFA and 4v4, to not even remotely thinking about Halo again. We gotta get the team online one of these days soon and roll people in the H2 playlist.

----------------------

Side question for everyone else: Is there anything going on right now? Tournament related? Don't care which Halo game.

Aug has beachlan and sept has h3 and ce ugc. 

• Like (+1) 1

BeachLAN's are always cool to watch, I'm definitely gonna check that out when it's on. It was nice to get a chance to be able to play a lot of the players relatively regularly when the CE playlist was really active. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

August 17th-18th there's also an H3 UK event. FaceIt Ignite

16 hours ago, Silos said:

August 17th-18th there's also an H3 UK event. FaceIt Ignite

How active is the UK scene these days? I've never heard of FaceIt Ignite. I did a quick search on Google and apparently this is supposed to be like a 32 team event or so? According to waypoint there's still about 29 passes left; which hopefully can fill out a bit.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:57 PM, Shekkles said:

Having an entire series who's core gameplay loop hasn't changed nor, on the whole, chased trends.

Gear Judgement was really damn bad but unlike Halo Gears didn't have 4 games in a row that gave the middle finger to the traditional gameplay or were broken.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, -DeucEy- said:

How active is the UK scene these days? I've never heard of FaceIt Ignite. I did a quick search on Google and apparently this is supposed to be like a 32 team event or so? According to waypoint there's still about 29 passes left; which hopefully can fill out a bit.

FaceIt is the company I believe, Ignite is just what the event is being called. FaceIt runs pretty large Counterstrike events to my understanding.

In terms of how active the UK scene is, it's a bit tough to say. EuropaHalo (HCS Grassroots partner, has been running online EU tournaments for a few years now) said that they're pretty confident they'll sell out the H5 2v2 bracket that's running that weekend as well at FaceIt Ignite, so it seems like H5 2v2 stuff is still pretty popular. But in terms of the H3 scene, I'm sure some regulars will show up like Jimbo, but otherwise I'm not sure.

I know at least one NA team is getting flights paid for by 343 based on online qualifying tournaments, Tox will probably take that spot.

For anyone that was wondering and Blackbeard and the PBL guys https://upcomer.com/pubg/story/1426710/losing-over-250k-denial-former-ceo-believes-he-was-a-mark

"In 2018 Patrick invested in Battle7oken, a supposed crypto currency created by Tom Butler, who owned the Pro Battle League. The crypto currency would have been used to enter events, pay teams and players, and create fan rewards. Patrick gave $60,000 to Butler to help develop the crypto currency only to see nothing delivered."

1 hour ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

Guess we're gonna do this again 

He makes it so hard to like him. Just pick a f'n name dude. It's fine to change GT's when you're a nobody, but not once you're a top player. Especially not twice.
SK gets a pass because Halogod was a shit name.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Boyo said:

LOL my immediate thought was he got inspired for a new name when he dropped his phone in a toilet.

17 hours ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

Guess we're gonna do this again 

but y tho

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fitcherman said:

What was his gamertag before Penguin?

Penguin->Sub Zero->Penguin->DeadZone

• Like (+1) 1

Penguin isn't even a bad tag. I don't get it.

• Like (+1) 4

On 7/28/2019 at 12:29 AM, Hard Way said:

He makes it so hard to like him. Just pick a f'n name dude. It's fine to change GT's when you're a nobody, but not once you're a top player. Especially not twice.
SK gets a pass because Halogod was a shit name.

the dude wants to the the p diddy of halo. just pick a tag and go. but not deadzone. thats a stupid name

DeaDZone is the type of gamertag you come up with at 10 years old and you think its cool and bad-ass but then a few years later you realise you were actually a fucking idiot and that its the worst gamertag you've seen. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

DeaDZone is the type of gamertag you come up with at 10 years old and you think its cool and bad-ass but then a few years later you realise you were actually a fucking idiot and that its the worst gamertag you've seen. 

He probably came up with up when messing with controller settings after suffering through a sensitivity crisis. "Deadzones? man that sounds cool bro."

2 minutes ago, Basu said:

He probably came up with up when messing with controller settings after suffering through a sensitivity crisis. "Deadzones? man that sounds cool bro."

Call me FisHSticKs

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Craneteam said:

the dude wants to the the p diddy of halo. just pick a tag and go. but not deadzone. thats a stupid name

What does Craneteam mean?