CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, Zavehi said:

At this point I don't even care if it does. We just need a new Halo game. I don't understand how this gap has happened but its killing this franchise.

What if...

...the wait was designed to let the last of the real Halo fans lose the final bit of interest and move on, leaving only sprintyboi fans?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

11 hours ago, Shekkles said:

What if...

...the wait was designed to let the last of the real Halo fans lose the final bit of interest and move on, leaving only sprintyboi fans?

Nah...

...Sprintybois have goldfish level attention span they've all fucked off already.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Nah...

...Sprintybois have goldfish level attention span they've all fucked off already.

They're just young and have shitloads of time. When Halo 2/3/R came out I had sooo much free time to play. 

Now I have very little being an "adult" or whatever.

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

They're just young and have shitloads of time. When Halo 2/3/R came out I had sooo much free time to play. 

Now I have very little being an "adult" or whatever.

DEkBaru.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

23 hours ago, Zavehi said:

At this point I don't even care if it does. We just need a new Halo game. I don't understand how this gap has happened but its killing this franchise.

Lol no. It was pratically dead for h5. Its way better they wait and do it right

tho i dont think theyll do it right

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/21/2019 at 1:56 AM, Zavehi said:

i am hopeful that the poor playerbase numbers and fan backlash against h4/h5 has led 343 to see the error in forcing their view on halo and they scrapped a lot of previous advanced movment work to give us a more classic style game. if thats the case, then i'll take a long delay so that the devs arent in a state of perpetual crunch and we get a great game out of the gate.

i still wish the hcs was running their own circuit alongside the grassroots events to retain pros and viewership though. h3 throwback, especially if the new game resembles h3 movement, is a huge opportunity to showcase and work out the kinks in their esport division

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/21/2019 at 9:28 AM, ChieftaiNZ said:

I, for one, appreciate having a bit longer of a gap between being incredibly disappointed with a new Halo game.

I used to feel like this until now. Im in desperate need for a new Halo game.

1 hour ago, Bad Dub said:

I used to feel like this until now. Im in desperate need for a new Halo game.

im excited for h2 anniversary in 4k 300 frames per second on my 244Hz monitor with a mouse through my much better network adapter

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

im excited for h2 anniversary in 4k 300 frames per second on my 244Hz monitor with a mouse through my much better network adapter

Get a j dome.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Can anyone explain how Gears outlasted Halo 5? (From an esports perspective)

Correct me if I'm wrong but H5 had more money and a bigger player base to work with right? 

Also correct me if I'm wrong but the latest Gears tournament had a decent amount of viewers?

Fuck me - I see this H3 is a breath of fresh air stuff but literally no one watches it, or shows up to play (see Dreamhack Dallas). 

H5 was a decent game (as much as I complained) but I really feel like settings, maps and content never even got off the ground. 

What is Gears doing?

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, pddschild said:

What is Gears doing?

Having an entire series who's core gameplay loop hasn't changed nor, on the whole, chased trends.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Having an entire series who's core gameplay loop hasn't changed nor, on the whole, chased trends.

Weird.

22 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Long live AGL Brad 

It was so weird having him in our ear in STL. Dude did a really good job though.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Judgment tho 

17 hours ago, Basu said:

Judgment tho 

DON'T RUIN MY SWEEPING STATEMENT.

• Simms (+1) 1

When halo 5 came out in was 15 and when halo infinite comes out I will be 20 and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/23/2019 at 12:57 AM, Shekkles said:

They fucked up Judgement then immediately course corrected.  Halo has been fucked up for 3 games now with some far-less-than-full course correction in H5.  Plus i don't think Gears blew a huge budget on a single championship like Halo did.

5 hours ago, Hxrshly said:

When halo 5 came out in was 15 and when halo infinite comes out I will be 20 and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that.

29 and 34.  I bet im an old crotchety man around here...

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

They fucked up Judgement then immediately course corrected.  Halo has been fucked up for 3 games now with some far less than full course correction in H5.  Plus i don't think Gears blew a huge budget on a single championship like Halo did.

29 and 34.  I bet im an old crotchety man around here...

im 32. glad to know im not the only one around here lol

• Like (+1) 2

Bruh from h5 to infinite, I went from single to engaged within this time span. Crazy stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

From Halo 5 to Infinite - I have gone from a 22 year old average internet meme shit poster to a (will be) 27 year old average internet meme shit poster 

Image result for pepehands

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 3