FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

On 6/29/2019 at 10:21 PM, Squatting Bear said:

Strike me if you're serious about running games.

what you tryna run?

Hecz Eavesdrop with Sundance. what an awesome conversation. it really makes me miss the old MLG days

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

On 6/26/2019 at 1:02 PM, RyanW said:

its honest about tmie this happen, classic halo is like spongebob and new halo is like danny phantom, yes back in past they are neck and neck but longevity is key and danny phanton is no more but spongebob still have season (even though spongebob season now is not good) but i think it can still work out, they both still have big fanbase but it is clear which one has real good fan big and other small like biggie

16 hours ago, PLaTaNo said:

Just dropping a clip and going, don’t mind me.

I remember my first beer. 

• Fire (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 3

11 hours ago, AirKick said:

I remember my first beer. 

A clip is a clip sir 🤷🏽‍♂️. I really can’t believe that last dude chased so hard.

On another note, whomst is planning on going to UGC New Jersey 👀?

On 6/30/2019 at 5:12 PM, Hard Way said:

Atlantic City will have another H1 tournament <3

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Let's go.

• Like (+1) 1

I... might... actually be able to make that.  hrmmm. better start begging the wife.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

I... might... actually be able to make that.  hrmmm. better start begging the wife.

Not gonna lie, when I first saw this I read it as "better start beating the wife"

• Thonking (+0) 1

Fuck its been awhile. I'll just make this short and sweet. Has anyone considered making just an online league play system for Halo CE 2v2? Closer to a bowling league than something that would actually create money.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Echos said:

Fuck its been awhile. I'll just make this short and sweet. Has anyone considered making just an online league play system for Halo CE 2v2? Closer to a bowling league than something that would actually create money.

I remember there was this person that posted something similar here for HCE and for H2, and was making a website about it. I forgot about it now, but I think the idea died out. 

Just remember whenever you start getting depressed about the scene because of some drama that happens we could never be in shit as deep as the Smash community is right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

Just remember whenever you start getting depressed about the scene because of some drama that happens we could never be in shit as deep as the Smash community is right now.

Catch me up. What's goin' on?

5 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Catch me up. What's goin' on?

15 year old girl beat a top SmUsh pro in bracket, shitstorm online ensues.  Both players retire.

• Upvote (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

15 year old girl beat a top SmUsh pro in bracket, shitstorm online ensues.  Both players retire.

Why a shitstorm? I mean I understand upset hype, but how did it escalate from there?

44 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

That's just the start. It came out that two players were a while back in a relationship while one of them was 16 and the other was 28:wutface:A player killed themselves and now Keemstar is organizing a tournament in their honor after making fun of this same person for being suicidal. Oh and a fight broke out at a tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Why a shitstorm? I mean I understand upset hype, but how did it escalate from there?

The smash community bullied the shit out of this girl to the point she deleted her twitter iirc. Its pretty sad to see them devolve like this

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

That's just the start. It came out that two players were a while back in a relationship while one of them was 16 and the other was 28:wutface:A player killed themselves and now Keemstar is organizing a tournament in their honor after making fun of this same person for being suicidal. Oh and a fight broke out at a tournament.

Can't forget that someone threw an actual crab at Hungrybox on main stage after beating Mango in grand finals with typical Puff stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

Can't forget that someone through an actual crab at Hungrybox on main stage after beating Mango in grand finals with typical Puff stuff.

Oh, that's normal for Smash. Someone lost a game because a fan threw a banana at them.

15 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Threw*

Was a very simple typo lol, I would've caught it at some point. When you're just quickly typing out a thought on the phone, it happens.

5 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

Oh, that's normal for Smash. Someone lost a game because a fan threw a banana at them.

Freaking weird man. People don't even know these people personally and will just throw stuff because they hate them for some arbitrary reason lol. This extends outside of video games of course, people are that way with almost any celebrity.

I just didn’t want you stealing my idea of a gun that shoots crabs at players.  It deals crab through damage.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

We could also be Fortnite where a cheater was allowed to qualify for the world cup. I disagree with 343 on alot of things but with the exception of the balloon incident i think they've done a good job of improving the competitive scene after taking several steps back during 4 and the beginning of 5.

• Like (+1) 2