CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Has beachlan ever gotten any support from 343?

Kind of? They hosted the channel once, they've put it in waypoint updates before, and I believe they have tweeted the stream as well. Josh Holmes personally donated some prizing one year when he worked at 343, but to my understanding that was him and not 343 itself.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Silos said:

Kind of? They hosted the channel once, they've put it in waypoint updates before, and I believe they have tweeted the stream as well. Josh Holmes personally donated some prizing one year when he worked at 343, but to my understanding that was him and not 343 itself.

343 should host the stream on their official channel, donate prizes/merch for competitors/stream watchers, and advertise the stream.  You have some of the best CE players in the world getting together on their own dime to show how much they love your game and you have the backing of Microsoft behind you?  Make something happen.

Beachlan should be utilized as a resource by 343.  Not even out of the kindness of their hearts but as a service to your game’s community, show the common man how the best players play.  Shit, show yourselves while you’re at it.

In 343’s defense, I can see why they might not want shirtless, possibly cursing, 30 year old dudes to be the face of their official channel.

Side note, wouldn’t it be cool if there was a section of the in game menu where you could read community announcements?  Beachlan this week, TeamBeyond tournament that week, etc.  

• Like (+1) 7

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

343 should host the stream on their official channel, donate prizes/merch for competitors/stream watchers, and advertise the stream.  You have some of the best CE players in the world getting together on their own dime to show how much they love your game and you have the backing of Microsoft behind you?  Make something happen.

Beachlan should be utilized as a resource by 343.  Not even out of the kindness of their hearts but as a service to your game’s community, show the common man how the best players play.  Shit, show yourselves while you’re at it.

In 343’s defense, I can see why they might not want shirtless, possibly cursing, 30 year old dudes to be the face of their official channel.

Side note, wouldn’t it be cool if there was a section of the in game menu where you could read community announcements?  Beachlan this week, TeamBeyond tournament that week, etc.  

You're describing what my dream was when they announced the grassroots program.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Boyo said:

Host or stream from their channel? There is a huge difference. They hosted the BL two years in a row.

Anyone got a gif of Jownz finishing his beer on camera during a series at STL?

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Host or stream from their channel? There is a huge difference. They hosted the BL two years in a row.

Yeah to my knowledge hosting does absolutely nothing unless you already have viewers to send with it, i'm 99% sure if you host a channel while you're offline none of your followers see it nor get a notification about it.

• Like (+1) 6

19 hours ago, TheSimms said:

Yeah to my knowledge hosting does absolutely nothing unless you already have viewers to send with it, i'm 99% sure if you host a channel while you're offline none of your followers see it nor get a notification about it.

They don't, but if they go to their "following" page it shows them as "live" but "hosting". Same as on the left under "following".

5 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Content, boys.

Been putting slightly more effort (including opponents POVs and such) into what I've been uploading:

Spoiler

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

On 6/26/2019 at 2:02 PM, RyanW said:

Now THIS is how you do grassroots. It pains me to know that the red bull rise till dawn H3 2v2 tourney will get 100x the viewers this gets even though H3 doubles is pure cancer.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 4

On 6/27/2019 at 6:53 PM, LI Mr X IL said:

Now THIS is how you do grassroots. It pains me to know that the red bull rise till dawn H3 2v2 tourney will get 100x the viewers this gets even though H3 doubles is pure cancer.

h3 dubs aint that bad on mlg settings tbh. its no ce or gp. 

On 6/24/2019 at 2:28 PM, Boyo said:

Because CE os unfortunately not that popular to most of the fanbase :(

1 minute ago, Squatting Bear said:

I'm here baby, I never left you ;)

You better go to UGC. I need all the homies back together again, and this time I have a sponsor so I am trying to put a team together. You mofuckas better have my back. lol

3 hours ago, Humpflung said:

You better go to UGC. I need all the homies back together again, and this time I have a sponsor so I am trying to put a team together. You mofuckas better have my back. lol

Strike me if you're serious about running games.