CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

eldewrito is still projectile but the bullets travel time is much much faster. a small lead is still necessary at far range. it feels so smooth though. im still sad about the pop drop

7 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

El Dewrito has a smaller spread, and the gun is hitscan. They didn't alter the aim assist or the bullet magnetism for controller users, and keyboard/mouse users can laser pretty easily after they get used to the wonky settings.

Making the gun projectile again would equalize both sides significantly, and would make the maps work again with the benefit of still being more consistent than OG Halo 3.

Ah that's what it was.

12 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

Not sure if this has been posted or not so if so muh bad

Peep the courtesy at 0:46  ;)

• Fire (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Zavehi said:

I'll start it off.

H5 sniping is simply way harder than H3 sniping and sprint is a good thing.

No arguments here. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anybody who doesn't agree with us switching over to Reach v7 despite it being an upgrade in almost every way is a clod

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Anybody who doesn't agree with us switching over to Reach v7 despite it being an upgrade in almost every way is a clod

I wouldn’t say the maps are an upgrade.

1 hour ago, andregr said:

I’m really hoping with the advent of mods on MCC on PC we can can change he color pallette of forge maps and create far more unique looking maps that aren’t bland as hell. 

v7 Reach at its core is very fun but its biggest weakness is definitely the maps, and the ugly forge aesthetics don’t help. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

11 hours ago, AirKick said:

Wake me, when Infinite drops. 

ORDNANCE READY

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

2 hours ago, andregr said:

Halo 3 has two shitty Midship clones next to actual Midship, and the map everyone creams about plays way better in Reach. "Grey maps" is a weak counter argument for anyone that replies

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Halo 3 has two shitty Midship clones next to actual Midship, and the map everyone creams about plays way better in Reach. "Grey maps" is a weak counter argument for anyone that replies

I personally never enjoyed playing or vieweing the Halo Reach map pool as much. I never really cared for Countdown or Nexus, and never found most of the other maps to be more than just good. I agree that the Pit plays amazing, and I think Sanc does too, but I still don’t think it matches up. Also, “Grey maps” is a very valid criticism as viewer and even somewhat as a player.

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

"iNfiNiTy SlAyEr"

the audio and lighting in that game gave me a headache. this post just gave me a small episode of my PTSD from it all

h2a's lighting and audio were similar but toned down a bit. halo 5 got them right. we have seen some great progression over the past 7 years if we imagine mcc was an alpha build on launch 

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

the audio and lighting in that game gave me a headache. this post just gave me a small episode of my PTSD from it all

in-the-future-everything-is-chrome_o_354

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

h2a's lighting and audio were similar but toned down a bit. halo 5 got them right. we have seen some great progression over the past 7 years if we imagine mcc was an alpha build on launch 

H5 is a little harsh on my ears, particularly the weapons and the constant sound of the armor. I’m not sure what’s more the culprit, the sounds themselves or the rate at which they occur. Definitely an improvement from the beta though—I couldn’t stand all the beeping.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/21/2019 at 4:31 AM, Zavehi said:

I'll start it off.

H5 sniping is simply way harder than H3 sniping and sprint is a good thing.

well that’s one way to get people talking

• Simms (+1) 1

I wish we could get another CE tournament like the one in St Louis. That was so much fun.

Also, I'm buying my tickets to Beach LAN 8 today. Got some confirmation over the weekend that I won't have any scheduling conflicts, so LFG. @Riddler, @Silos, @Sandman

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TheSimms said:

well that’s one way to get people talking

I'm a man of the people. Grenade hitmarks 4 lyfe.

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I wish we could get another CE tournament like the one in St Louis. That was so much fun.

Also, I'm buying my tickets to Beach LAN 8 today. Got some confirmation over the weekend that I won't have any scheduling conflicts, so LFG. @Riddler, @Silos, @Sandman

Beachlan isnt a real grassroots event apparently despite literally being the definition of grassroots and being the biggest non current halo event the past 8 years in a row

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

10 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Beachlan isnt a real grassroots event apparently despite literally being the definition of grassroots and being the biggest non current halo event the past 8 years in a row

Has beachlan ever gotten any support from 343?

2 hours ago, Zavehi said:

I'm a man of the people. Grenade hitmarks 4 lyfe.

h3 spread is too generous, change my mind

• Toxic (+1) 1