CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

you guys realize that pros "retiring" is literally meaningless, right?  reasonable chance that Mikwen will be back in Infinite 

• Upvote (+1) 9

I don't know how to embed tweets, but Flamesword retweeted a H3 clip from Assault where he was pooping on Ace and his H5 team.

:intel:

EDIT:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't know how to embed tweets, but Flamesword retweeted a H3 clip from Assault where he was pooping on Ace and his H5 team.

:intel:

For future reference, literally just copy and past the tweet URL.  Nothing fancy required  :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sure Mikwen knows more than us which helped make his decision. He knows there isn't anything coming on the horizon and called it quits is my assumption.

He said recently that he has an opportunity that would take him away from competing. I would assume he retired because he took that

Realistically most of these long established pro's are in the their mid 20s and honestly competing in Halo tournaments isn't a very good career path, so I suspect this will happen with most of the players who competed the last few years.

Kudos to Mikwen for making that tough choice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You see i am very skeptical about someone's last tournament, when it comes to halo players.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Shady Halo Kids. Ace to play with Flame and Assault?

I could get behind that trio depending on who the fourth is.  I'd have guessed Maniac before but he says he's not competing.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like Believe the Hype is Demon D, Cloud, Bubu Dubu, and Ryanoob. I'm guessing they wanted maniac first in place of ryanoob.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well I think we all tell what was the reason is and I agree with him a 30k prize pool really is far too low to justify going finanically it needs to be much higher by 2018 standards 30k is pretty awful tbh.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just got my email from UGC. I’ll be working the event as a volunteer. I’m gonna work my butt off and hopefully make a great impression with this crew. I’d love to work in eSports.

This is very get aroundable news, get it fucking did son!

PS: Free @W0uld  :wutface:

I thought bubu was playing with str8 sick

Str8sick getting fucked over, no way?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not more powerful than the h4 mantis. That thing was an easy 40-0 if you had decent teammates 

There's a big difference between powerful and durable.  The Mantis was incredibly durable.  The Gauss Warthog and Reach Banshee were powerful.  (Reach Banshee also had some absurd durability.)  In the Reach Banshee's case, though, there was a giant skill floor to making it powerful.  With the Gauss Warthog, it's "Can you aim?"