CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, Hxrshly said:

Honestly if you read about the development of cyberpunk you won't be surprised if it turns out to be disappointing.

I just couldn't care less. The past decade and a half I can list every game I have played.

All Halos.

All Zeldas.

CS

Sea of thieves

PUBG

Mario 3d world

murder minors

Friday the 13th

a few cods

Give or take a few that's all I have played in the past 2/3 of my life so far. I just don't care for most modern games and half the games, as you can see, are by independent devs. They just make better games because there is more love put into them. All AAA games are now days ( AS FAR AS SINGLE PLAYER) seem to be interactive movies rather than video games where you actually play them. That's why IMHO playstation is hot poop right now and I havent touched a PS controller since PS2. Cyber punk does nothing for me. 99% of the game just look boring. But I saw killer queen in the line up and that game is actually amazing. It's a 5v5 arcade game that is actually really competitive. It has a huge competitive scene look it up. Very few cabinets exist

@Humpflung I did look it up, and now I’m dying to try it. There’s a cabinet here in Cbus but it looks like it’s in a rape dungeon. If I never post again it’s on you.

4 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

@Humpflung I did look it up, and now I’m dying to try it. There’s a cabinet here in Cbus but it looks like it’s in a rape dungeon. If I never post again it’s on you.

It's absolutely AWESOME! I'm telling you.

Just prepare to start dunking quarters into the thing. I don't even want to know what this company has made because here at the local barcade in Charlotte, there are crowds and lines around the fucker just getting dumped with quarters.

1 hour ago, Humpflung said:

It's absolutely AWESOME! I'm telling you.

Just prepare to start dunking quarters into the thing. I don't even want to know what this company has made because here at the local barcade in Charlotte, there are crowds and lines around the fucker just getting dumped with quarters.

I would be, but it seems our cabinet is in a private club. I drove over there to check it out and couldn’t get in. No hours or anything. I found them on FB and reached out.

These are things H1 guys will do to play a good game ;)

10 hours ago, Hxrshly said:

Honestly if you read about the development of cyberpunk you won't be surprised if it turns out to be disappointing.

Given that CDPR's previous game is probably the best game of the last six years at a bare minimum, I highly doubt it'll be anything less than excellent. 

3 hours ago, RC_5213 said:

Given that CDPR's previous game is probably the best game of the last six years at a bare minimum, I highly doubt it'll be anything less than excellent. 

A few journos also got to play a demo of it too at E3 and said that if the full game matches what was shown in the demo that its going to be GOTY contender. So hopefully it lives up to expectations.

I personally wasnt all the excited for it, but like most of the internet im a huge fan of Keanu Reeves so they got me lol.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I would be, but it seems our cabinet is in a private club. I drove over there to check it out and couldn’t get in. No hours or anything. I found them on FB and reached out.

These are things H1 guys will do to play a good game ;)

Not surprised. This game is underground as hell but boy is it a hell of a good time with good players

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

Not surprised. This game is underground as hell but boy is it a hell of a good time with good players

Forgive me, what game?

Just now, The Tyco said:

Forgive me, what game?

Killer queen arcade.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm so used to the 30 minutes downtime in Halo. These COD matches are flying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

On 6/6/2019 at 3:04 PM, Exidrion said:

and now Fortnite is back on top for what seems like forever. It's so boring, and not competitive at all. I don't get it man.

People in this competitive community think they have it bad:laughing: I'm subscribed to the Fortnite competitive subreddit just so I can see each of their weekly dramas that are so much worse than what we have. Whether it be Epic rewarding a cheater prize money for their international competition and not banning him for life to their established reputation of removing guns that require any skill, buffing unskillful guns, and adding OP weapons with Zero testing days before finals 

So how long til we riot to get AMP TS out of this game?

I'd much rather play citadel TS or even Assembly king would work I think. ANYTHING ELSE

• Like (+1) 3

On 6/13/2019 at 12:49 AM, Hemlax said:

Funny, for me it was so awkward i had to stop watching.

Whilst Keanu is bae, aside from the pleasant surprise of seeing him in 2077 it was certainly cringe. E3 is always cringe. 

Even when they have someone charismatic, it always turns to cringe because I think every E3 presentation is focus grouped and treats the audience like an absolute moron. "E3 panning" for example. Slowly looking around the map as if we give a shit about anything other than gameplay. That seems to have devolved to "lol just show a cinematic or gameplay cinematic". Watching engineers and gameplay leads pause for applause at lighting solutions and receiving no applause is amazing.

Side note: Sunset Overdrive is the video game equivalent of an E3 presentation.

7 hours ago, Zavehi said:

ironically 30 new titles of COD is exactly how many will have come and gone by the time infinite gets here...

• Toxic (+1) 2

6 hours ago, TheSimms said:

ironically 30 new titles of COD is exactly how many will have come and gone by the time infinite gets here...

by the time infinite hits shelves, we'll have seen the rise and fall of a franchised cod league. cuz a 25 mil buy in for yearly game releases, most of which arent that good, and scrubbing names like optic, faze, and 100t, has to got work, right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

Nothing like two AMP games back to back with both games ending with a teammate quitting with 1 kill. This map is the biggest pile of garbage. Why is it still in here?

• Like (+1) 1

Watching a stream and these kids are playing custom 4s with vanilla settings. I asked why and he said Arena settings take more skill. I can't stop laughing 

17 hours ago, Humpflung said:

Nothing like two AMP games back to back with both games ending with a teammate quitting with 1 kill. This map is the biggest pile of garbage. Why is it still in here?

Imagine if next year we get mod tools on PC, people start fixing all the issues in H3 (spread, movement acceleration, faster kill time etc etc. ) and people will still be stubborn and want Onslaught and Amp to stay on the circuit. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Basu said:

Imagine if next year we get mod tools on PC, people start fixing all the issues in H3 (spread, movement acceleration, faster kill time etc etc. ) and people will still be stubborn and want Onslaught and Amp to stay on the circuit. 

But hurr durr tradition tho.

• Upvote (+1) 3

On 6/16/2019 at 6:54 PM, Zavehi said:

As an observer.. I couldn't catch my breath over on open. It was awesome! I hope we can adopt it at some point

• Like (+1) 1

Halo 3 maps change completely with zero spread BR. It's not even the same game. It changes that dramatically. 

Source: El Dewrito.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Halo 3 maps change completely with zero spread BR. It's not even the same game. It changes that dramatically. 

Source: El Dewrito.

El Dewrito has a smaller spread, and the gun is hitscan. They didn't alter the aim assist or the bullet magnetism for controller users, and keyboard/mouse users can laser pretty easily after they get used to the wonky settings.

Making the gun projectile again would equalize both sides significantly, and would make the maps work again with the benefit of still being more consistent than OG Halo 3.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

El Dewrito has a smaller spread, and the gun is hitscan. They didn't alter the aim assist or the bullet magnetism for controller users, and keyboard/mouse users can laser pretty easily after they get used to the wonky settings.

Making the gun projectile again would equalize both sides significantly, and would make the maps work again with the benefit of still being more consistent than OG Halo 3.

I would hate for Infinite to have hitscan precision weapons if the game doesn’t have a fast pace and high strafing speed. Most halo games don’t have this speed and are generally slow compared to other FPS games. No decent pc player will be missing shots on hitscan weapons and strafing will be mostly pointless in a game with a slower pace and speed. Projectile weapons will allow for a much higher skill ceiling.

• Like (+1) 2