CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

On 6/7/2019 at 6:01 PM, Zavehi said:

As a native Chicagoan, seeing "Willis Tower" triggers tf out of me. Dope they'll be an event here though lol.

1 hour ago, Exidrion said:

I would've swallowed this better if I learned this after a hype trailer god dammit slatcher

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly if MCC PC and the Reach port are decent I couldn't care less about when Infinite drops. 

Funny we used to say this about MCC and H5 five years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Basu said:

Honestly if MCC PC and the Reach port are decent I couldn't care less about when Infinite drops. 

Funny we used to say this about MCC and H5 five years ago. 

And many are still getting enjoyment out of them! 

Halo on PC is another story though.. game. changer. 

Dont want to. Be a negative nancy, but i definately saw master chief sprint off that ship :mj:

• Toxic (+1) 1

Damn it man I thought we were going to get to see some gameplay. This trailer was about as useful as last years.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Zavehi said:

Back in my day gameplay meant gameplay.

John Carmack is probably the best guy for that, he really disliked showing off pictures of iD's games because "anybody can make a picture look good," and really only wanted to show gameplay.

A shame he's at Oculus now.

“As for what’s next, E3 2020 will be a big moment for Halo Infinite. Until we reach that destination in 2020, we’ll continue to embrace the mystery and wonder of Halo and the endless opportunity and potential of this engine, this hardware and, most of all, this team.”

Another year of waiting for any news boys!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

Honestly, pretty disappointed in the trailer. More than half of it is just some guy groaning. 

• Like (+1) 5

There was just very limited gameplay shown through out the whole Xbox event. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hxrshly said:

My insight

"We need to run!"

"No, we need to fight."

No Sprint confirmed bois

Can’t run and fight at the same time.  Sprint confirmed.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

Btw

If you have any gold, you can buy game pass ultimate for a dollar and it'll count for the full length of your gold.

Up to 3 years.

That's xbox live gold, xbox game pass and PC game pass.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

Btw

If you have any gold, you can buy game pass ultimate for a dollar and it'll count for the full length of your gold.

Up to 3 years.

That's xbox live gold, xbox game pass and PC game pass.

Can you explain this more? I don’t get what you’re saying exactly.

4 minutes ago, Commander Eagle said:

Can you explain this more? I don’t get what you’re saying exactly.

It was announced today that on top of the current "Game Pass', there will also be a "PC Game pass" as an additional subscription if you want to play stuff on PC (I'd assume using your XBL account so you get the achievements but not 100% on that). 

"Game Pass Ultimate" bundles both of those as well as your XBL membership for one monthly subscription at a cheaper rate if you want all three.  Right now there's an offer where if you have gold, you can pay $1 a month for the duration of your current live subscription (to a max oof 36 months) meaning you're basically getting game pass and PC game pass for free. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the topic of Halo, I wasn't really expecting any gameplay for Infinite.  I was surprised by a lack of MCC news though (however there's inside Xbox tomorrow so maybe we'll get it then instead). 

even without actual gameplay, I got a real ce vibe from this trailer. I know I shouldn't but im pretty hopful for infinite. the competitive scene will likely suffer for the time to wait, but I would much rather wait for a great game than rush another h4

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

It was announced today that on top of the current "Game Pass', there will also be a "PC Game pass" as an additional subscription if you want to play stuff on PC (I'd assume using your XBL account so you get the achievements but not 100% on that). 

"Game Pass Ultimate" bundles both of those as well as your XBL membership for one monthly subscription at a cheaper rate if you want all three.  Right now there's an offer where if you have gold, you can pay $1 a month for the duration of your current live subscription (to a max oof 36 months) meaning you're basically getting game pass and PC game pass for free. 

Can I renew my gold for the full 36 months then activate this? Or is it only what I have right now?

12 minutes ago, Commander Eagle said:

Can I renew my gold for the full 36 months then activate this? Or is it only what I have right now?

I haven't tried it but theoretically you should be able to do that, yea. 

Yup, you can add on more gold before you do it. I added on a year and so did a friend

1 hour ago, Commander Eagle said: