FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

32 minutes ago, Zavehi said:

The overnight idea is really neat, I hope it's not the only time we see it.

54 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Yeah. Because nobdoy asked for advanced movement in Halo.. lol

If only that was my point. Alas, it isn't.

Siege is in no way easily accessible to casuals though. I'd argue it's worse than H5 in that regard.

4 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Siege is in no way easily accessible to casuals though. I'd argue it's worse than H5 in that regard.

Yes and no, Siege still offers proper introductions into the game mechanics while offering PvE to facilitate learning of maps. Doesn't entirely take away from the steep learning curve and moderately high floor (outside of simply shooting.)

Siege also isn't an Xbox exclusive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Get ready.

7yyruz2qk0331.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Mow said:

Siege also isn't an Xbox exclusive. 

But on Xbox, Siege is still far more popular and has maintained its popularity more than Halo 5 did.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Zavehi said:

Has vertigo. Will not enter a building higher than 4 stories. Good luck to anybody who goes. As for me? Bump that

15 hours ago, Zavehi said:

I think it’s super interesting that they are running Swiss pools for this event, which I don’t think has ever been seen in Halo. It’s a super cool format and works great for CS. Wish it gets used in bigger tournaments.

As, for thei siege thing, someone brought up that siege is worse for casuals than Halo 5 is, yet casuals still play it more, which I believe is more of a reason to stop any advanced movement shit. They need to base their multiplayer off of a competitive style than morph it for casuals. Halo 3 was great for both casuals and competitive players. A good ZBNS game can add automatic weapons, wacky equipment, vehicles, unique power weapons, jet pack pickups, and forge/custom game options to appeal to casual players. You can see this in many popular competitive games right now. League of Legends’s community is built off of their base 5v5 mode, but in rotation they will throw in urf or nexus blitz, and ARAM is constantly a mode which are all fun and games. I don’t get why the game has to be built the other way around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, andregr said:

I think it’s super interesting that they are running Swiss pools for this event, which I don’t think has ever been seen in Halo. It’s a super cool format and works great for CS. Wish it gets used in bigger tournaments.

As, for thei siege thing, someone brought up that siege is worse for casuals than Halo 5 is, yet casuals still play it more, which I believe is more of a reason to stop any advanced movement shit. They need to base their multiplayer off of a competitive style than morph it for casuals. Halo 3 was great for both casuals and competitive players. A good ZBNS game can add automatic weapons, wacky equipment, vehicles, unique power weapons, jet pack pickups, and forge/custom game options to appeal to casual players. You can see this in many popular competitive games right now. League of Legends’s community is built off of their base 5v5 mode, but in rotation they will throw in urf or nexus blitz, and ARAM is constantly a mode which are all fun and games. I don’t get why the game has to be built the other way around.

How exactly does a Swiss pool work?

13 minutes ago, Tw1g said:

How exactly does a Swiss pool work?

Teams are seeded and play their first round of games. Teams that win are now 1-0 in the pool and teams that lose are 0-1, and in the second round get matched up with a team of their record, so I’m the next round teams that are 1-1 play against each other and teams that are 2-0 play against each other and so on. There is a specified number of wins needed to advance from the pool, so let’s say 3. If a team gets 3 wins they advance, but also get eliminated if they get 3 losses. I like it a lot because if you’re playing that means you still have a chance to make it out of the pool. In round robin there will be times where a team who is already eliminated has to continue playing. Theres also cool storylines because teams can go down 0-2 and be one loss from elimination, but can comeback and win 3 games to advance from the pool.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Humpflung said:

Has vertigo. Will not enter a building higher than 4 stories. Good luck to anybody who goes. As for me? Bump that

It's not open to spectators. Just a tiny studio running a production. 

30 minutes ago, FeaR said:

I wonder how many people are sitting here waiting to see Infinite like I am. I'm kinda hype just to see anything because its the last time I'll care to even look at a 343 product if this one is bad

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I wonder how many people are sitting here waiting to see Infinite like I am. I'm kinda hype just to see anything because its the last time I'll care to even look at a 343 product if this one is bad

i am hyped and i am also really nervous :mj:

4 hours ago, andregr said:

I think it’s super interesting that they are running Swiss pools for this event, which I don’t think has ever been seen in Halo. It’s a super cool format and works great for CS.

Ryanoob is losing his mind right now lol. Dude has posted about swiss pools a million times on Beyond 

• Like (+1) 1

Seeing a lot of people saying things along the lines of "I don't care if sprint is in" and every variation of this comment just reads like someone suffering from Stockholm syndrome.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 2

I don’t know why but this is the first time in Halo history that I’m not hyped and not scared. I’m just numb I guess. I know that there will be some big pros and big cons, but in the end I probably not be satisfied. I’m having fun with other titles atm so my gaming isn’t weighted on Halo as much anymore. 

I would've swallowed this better if I learned this after a hype trailer god dammit slatcher

34 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

I would've swallowed

giphy.gif

• Simms (+1) 1