FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

For those of us that would rather enjoy the clearly superior game  :simms:

I mean I still think they should pull a Halo 5 and just turn the "Team Arena" playlists into the competitive ones but this is a good start at least. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ok much like everyone else I wasnt a fan of H4.

That being said after just playing a match in BTB on it boy does the shooting feel good on it. The aiming and hit registration is so crispy.

Halo 4 BTB is criminally underrated. If there were classic settings to go with the maps then it would unironically be some of the best BTB in the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I mean I still think they should pull a Halo 5 and just turn the "Team Arena" playlists into the competitive ones but this is a good start at least. 

This is the right move, but we all know Postums and friends would add radar and ARs to MLG gametypes in order for that to happen.

Why don't they use the match composer for this stuff?

Watching this is making me really excited for UGC

Watched the whole thing last night. Nostalgic as hell.

Off topic but does anyone know where I can find old episodes of bomb planted or whatever it was called with goldenboy, saucey, and lemon? Can't find anything currently.

Idk if you guys all knew but they had a H2C hardcore playlist and the reason its gone and they're implementing those settings into the other H2 playlist is because nobody actually played. Its unfortunate but outside of the insider program I didn't get 1 game in the h2c hc playlist for over a month searching intermittently. So while its super unfortunate what they're doing is actually trying to help people who wanted to play those settings. It also (imo) has a lot to do with H2 having better settings on a modded H2 Vista version that anyone scrimming H2 is playing

• Upvote (+1) 4

Idk if you guys all knew but they had a H2C hardcore playlist and the reason its gone and they're implementing those settings into the other H2 playlist is because nobody actually played. Its unfortunate but outside of the insider program I didn't get 1 game in the h2c hc playlist for over a month searching intermittently. So while its super unfortunate what they're doing is actually trying to help people who wanted to play those settings. It also (imo) has a lot to do with H2 having better settings on a modded H2 Vista version that anyone scrimming H2 is playing

Nobody played it because firstly H2 MCC sucks, and secondly because they straight up used incorrect settings for some of the gametypes. No reason to play it when H2PC exists.

I'd rather have H2 MLG mixed with arena than not at all, but it's still sad to see H2 get neglected like this.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 4 BTB is criminally underrated. If there were classic settings to go with the maps then it would unironically be some of the best BTB in the franchise.

Halo 4 BTB had a flat map where one team was given a Gauss Warthog at the start and the other team was given a CHANCE at a Scorpion tank.

The Gauss Warthog is and always has been the most powerful vehicle in the Halo franchise (even more powerful than tanks) because of its kill time and mobility...and the only Halo it was ever BALANCED in was Halo 2, where it was balanced not by its power (that was the strongest iteration of the vehicle) but by the map geometry, where maps where it was present, such as Zanzibar and Headlong, were extremely vertical maps, preventing the Gauss from taking advantage of its gun's power and allowing people with regular guns to pressure the gunner.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can't really blame him. Even with all of the hype for classic halo and halo 3, there simply isn't enough money in it for really anybody to play it full time. Hopefully St Louis does well so sponsors will start investing into the scene.

That sucks to hear, Mikwen was my favorite player. He mentioned having a new opportunity a couple weeks ago, I really hope that works out for him assuming that's what he's pursuing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can't really blame him. Even with all of the hype for classic halo and halo 3, there simply isn't enough money in it for really anybody to play it full time. Hopefully St Louis does well so sponsors will start investing into the scene.

30k for a 128 team tourney in 2018 is really bad and not a sustainable amount to live off. Especially for Mikwen who has been competing in prize pools for the past couple of years that dwarfs it. Sucks but unless the prize pool increases moving forward I expect more players to retire/wait till Halo Infinite.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There are larger HCS driven events coming and MLG is almost confirmed.

I'm sure Mikwen knows more than us which helped make his decision. He knows there isn't anything coming on the horizon and called it quits is my assumption.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'm sure Mikwen knows more than us which helped make his decision. He knows there isn't anything coming on the horizon and called it quits is my assumption.

Highly unlikely seeing as you see pros complain about being in the dark all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Really sucks to see Mikwen go, hopefully whatever's on the horizon for him works out well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 BTB had a flat map where one team was given a Gauss Warthog at the start and the other team was given a CHANCE at a Scorpion tank.

The Gauss Warthog is and always has been the most powerful vehicle in the Halo franchise (even more powerful than tanks) because of its kill time and mobility...and the only Halo it was ever BALANCED in was Halo 2, where it was balanced not by its power (that was the strongest iteration of the vehicle) but by the map geometry, where maps where it was present, such as Zanzibar and Headlong, were extremely vertical maps, preventing the Gauss from taking advantage of its gun's power and allowing people with regular guns to pressure the gunner.

Not more powerful than the h4 mantis. That thing was an easy 40-0 if you had decent teammates 

• Upvote (+1) 1