FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Wait, what happened?

Someone on Nfinite was trying to play ball and it fell into the spot under the stump where the ball gets stuck.  The spot couldn't be fixed so MLG declared it illegal if used in tournament play.  Should technically be a forfeit of the game but they must've agreed just to replay.

Just now, Morachip said:

Someone on Nfinite was trying to play ball and it fell into the spot under the stump where the ball gets stuck.  The spot couldn't be fixed so MLG declared it illegal if used in tournament play.  Should technically be a forfeit of the game but they must've agreed just to replay.

But didn't they play through it until the end? Did Sage just cry after losing or something?

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

But didn't they play through it until the end? Did Sage just cry after losing or something?

The ball didn't sit there for very long, I'm guessing Nfinite threw a nade to bounce it out once they realized it fell there or something.  The ball did actually get played shortly afterwards and it was quick so maybe Sage wasn't quite sure what happened.

12 minutes ago, Commander Eagle said:

Roy/Ola told me that the online thing is probably wrong, they’ve been told they’re in pool 4 based on the open results. We’ll see eventually anyways haha

Oh shit, inside scoop.

I see Trippey on GMS, did Penguin find another squad?
EDIT: he's on Lux Gaming with Gilkey, Wanwerd and Rayne.

• Like (+1) 1

Are these 9 year old veteran Halo players? Must be the arthritis. That was bad.

7 minutes ago, thefro3po said:

Oh shit, inside scoop.

I see Trippey on GMS, did Penguin find another squad?

As far as I know, Penguin was the odd one out in all the musical chairs the last couple of weeks. Zzurka and Tripppey got in with GMS in the end when Neighbor and Ace left.

Edit: Just saw your edit :D glad he found a team in the end

• Simms (+1) 1

Man Falling is looking dangerous.
Love seeing Frosty back in Halo doing work.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, thefro3po said:

Man Falling is looking dangerous.
Love seeing Frosty back in Halo doing work.

I’m interested to see how their objective work is against top squads like tox, rec, and nfinite. Eco is the only one on that squad who has traditionally been an objective focused player so will be interesting to see if they run into any issues.

22 minutes ago, Commander Eagle said:

I’m interested to see how their objective work is against top squads like tox, rec, and nfinite. Eco is the only one on that squad who has traditionally been an objective focused player so will be interesting to see if they run into any issues.

Eco is a good fit to the squad. They all know how to play the game, but I feel like some players just naturally gravitate to a more slay heavy role, so it's good to have a guy like Eco on the team.
I do feel those three teams and Falling will be our top four for this tournament.

But I'm rooting for REC all day baby!!!

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, thefro3po said:

Eco is a good fit to the squad. They all know how to play the game, but I feel like some players just naturally gravitate to a more slay heavy role, so it's good to have a guy like Eco on the team.
I do feel those three teams and Falling will be our top four for this tournament.

But I'm rooting for REC all day baby!!!

Let’s go REC!!

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I'm 6'4" 

And dyslexic.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

Yeah. Every Dreamhack has super loud concerts. I remember trying to cast over it in Atlanta 2017 and it was impossible

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Knighty Knight said:

Yeah. Every Dreamhack has super loud concerts. I remember trying to cast over it in Atlanta 2017 and it was impossible

It’s literally intolerable the bass is so fucking loud

• Like (+1) 1

I think she wanted to The Blind Side him.

Good to know the tourney is on a channel no one has heard of before instead of the main one