CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I’m so sorry.

I don't regret any of it haha. It's basically everyone screaming at eachother over the internet. It's strangely engaging to read.

• Like (+1) 1

Worth mentioning I think since I'd believe MCC on PC will be on Game Pass for Windows:

If you're an xbox insider with a certain amount of points and in one of the inner rings(I'm beta ring), you can purchase Game Pass Ultimate for 1 single buck, and when you do it converts the months from your Gold membership & Game Pass into Game Pass Ultimate months. So if you had for example 10 months of Gold, and 2 of Game Pass, you now have 12 months of Game Pass Ultimate instead.

In case you don't know what Game Pass Ultimate is, it's a subscription which includes Gold(subscription notes Gold as "Free Games", so maybe this marks the end of needing Gold to play online on Xbox?), Game Pass for Xbox, & Game Pass for Windows in one package.

15 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Yeah but they paid Ninja $50k to host so it's ok.

Let's crowdfund to make this happen.

18 hours ago, SuperHippo said:

Predictions:

1.Tox

2.Rec

3.BuBu's Team

4. Neighbors Team

Yeah after last event I'm sure tox is coming for blood this event

5 hours ago, Craneteam said:

D70pkoEXUAA9i_R.png:large

and apparently there is no plans to announce future events during this one. this is the exact same issue as the first hwc where they didnt capitalize on the hype of the event to build up excitement for the pro league. we really havent moved forward at all have we?

You guys should be happy they even hold tournaments for your ungrateful asses at all. You want to know when the next tournament is? Set it up and announce it yourself. We’re in the United States of America 🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾, not the Welfare States of America. And if you don’t like it then get out.

• Fire (+1) 5
  • Toxic (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

You guys should be happy they even hold tournaments for your ungrateful asses at all. You want to know when the next tournament is? Set it up and announce it yourself. We’re in the United States of America 🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾, not the Welfare States of America. And if you don’t like it then get out.

I'm sorry but I just woke up due to the overwhelming sound of Billy Ray Cyrus reading The Declaration of Independence that I have on 24/8 on my trusty CD player. God bless NavG for being a true Halo Patriot 

lol
Opened the stream on my other monitor and was eating and looking at shit when I glanced over and seen 40mins left.

Classic.  :weback:

Current thoughts in the venue: The speakers are WAY too low. It’s hard for the people in front to hear and almost impossible for people in the back. It doesn’t help that the smash tourney speakers are BLARING from the other side of the room.

Edit: it’s not the smash tourney it’s something else

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Why though?

Didn’t play in some quals, got knocked out early in others. I watched one of their open series, they are destroying haha. Obv it’s ams, but their shots, especially Snip3down’s, looked really on point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Commander Eagle said:

Didn’t play in some quals, got knocked out early in others. I watched one of their open series, they are destroying haha. Obv it’s ams, but their shots, especially Snip3down’s, looked really on point.

That situation is just kind of crazy to me. Sure they didn't really try to qualify but honestly should that even be allowed to happen to teams who just placed in the top 4ish or even won an event in the last few months? Seems like a great avenue to create weird pool/bracket positioning for no real reason if you're part of the group organizing these tournaments. Seems like online qualification might be a littleee bit too important 

• Like (+1) 1

Watching missed sniper shots is so refreshing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Watching missed sniper shots is so refreshing.

I see missed sniper shots in all Halos when I play and get sniper.

• Simms (+1) 7

Kinda figured Ryanoob was gonna complain about that. These babies on the other team probably didn't know it was illegal lol.