FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Possible :intel:, just rumor but it would seem that sprint is in infinite... :wutface:

Please end me now

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/24/2019 at 9:39 PM, Frostbite XV2 said:

No @TheSimms?:wutface:

I backed out a few weeks ago, i’ve been on the road for 2 months and missed so much dad time. Very very gutted not to be here and was a hard decision to pull

out but i need some time off.

• Like (+1) 7

People better boo and shout if there's even a hint of Sprint in there, otherwise they've been converted by the "compromise" attitude of late

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Sprint is lame, and clearly unnecessary. Why on Earth do they feel the need to bring it back?

That's clearly what it is. If they put sprint in Infinite, then they obviously feel that they need to put it in the game. I'd like to know what they'd think the consequences of its exclusion would be if it is revealed to be in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

People better boo and shout if there's even a hint of Sprint in there, otherwise they've been converted by the "compromise" attitude of late

OR, people like me just don't mind that there is sprint in the game?  Like if you asked me whether I want it or not I'd probably say no, but I'm not gonna throw a tantrum over it being added/left in.  Spartan Charge/Ground pound are another matter but it seems like they may be gone so that's a moot point.  

Anyway this could all be bullshit so until E3 let's just hold onto our hates and not get too crazy.  It's only a couple weeks away and we've already waited this long. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

OR, people like me just don't mind that there is sprint in the game?

23 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Spartan Charge/Ground pound are another matter  

lol buddy

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

lol buddy

I'm not entirely sure what's funny?  I don't mind what basically amounts to faster movement speed, but I do mind being able to carelessly go around a corner sprinting and potentially be at an advantage because of SC.

1 minute ago, Trespa5s said:

I'm not entirely sure what's funny?  I don't mind what basically amounts to faster movement speed, but I do mind being able to carelessly go around a corner sprinting and potentially be at an advantage because of SC.

wHaT iF i dON't MiND iF thEY'Re iN tHE gaME? 

• Toxic (+1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 2

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

wHaT iF i dON't MiND iF thEY'Re iN tHE gaME? 

That's fine?  I never said you couldn't like SC/GP (even though you're memeing), but for me I despise them and always have (but I don't mind sprint).  Looking at it I may have worded it poorly but my disdain for SC/GP is a personal preference and wasn't intended to be a fact. 

Basically what I'm saying is don't try to pretend that "you have to hate X or Y or there's something wrong with you" like Flame did.  People like different things and that's fine.

11 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

That's fine?  I never said you couldn't like SC/GP (even though you're memeing), but for me I despise them and always have (but I don't mind sprint).  Looking at it I may have worded it poorly but my disdain for SC/GP is a personal preference and wasn't intended to be a fact. 

Maybe it's because you're okay with all the damage sprint does to Halo but framed Spartan charge and ground pound as some kind of game-breaking insanity. But the hypocrisy was the main point. 

11 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Basically what I'm saying is don't try to pretend that "you have to hate X or Y or there's something wrong with you" like Flame did.  People like different things and that's fine.

Kind of weird that you responded to Soul like he was @'ing you, then. 

2 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Maybe it's because you're okay with all the damage sprint does to Halo but framed Spartan charge and ground pound as some kind of game-breaking insanity. But the hypocrisy was the main point. 

I was referring to the actual abilities, not the "damage" it's doing to Halo.  I, personally, don't mind that modern Halos have sprint.  Maybe it's because I've played a lot of CoD over the years and just got used to having enemies that sprint?  Either way I just don't think it's that big of a deal.  I did mind getting three shots on a guy that ran around the corner like a headless chicken but won the fight because he knocked me 300 feet back and depleted my shields.  

On the other side, I do understand that to some, Halo isn't Halo if it has sprint.  People also enjoy being able to goof off and go for ground pound only games.  That's totally fine.  

lul if H:I has sprint. They really never learn do they?

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

I was referring to the actual abilities, not the "damage" it's doing to Halo.  I, personally, don't mind that modern Halos have sprint.  Maybe it's because I've played a lot of CoD over the years and just got used to having enemies that sprint?  Either way I just don't think it's that big of a deal.  I did mind getting three shots on a guy that ran around the corner like a headless chicken but won the fight because he knocked me 300 feet back and depleted my shields.  

On the other side, I do understand that to some, Halo isn't Halo if it has sprint.  People also enjoy being able to goof off and go for ground pound only games.  That's totally fine.  

You do realize that SC only exists because of sprint right?

• Like (+1) 1

Hi guys, I’m back in the US and can play Halo at regular hours again. Stationed in Washington now, hope ya been behaving and well!!!

Shameless plug here.

• Like (+1) 1

Sprint Halo isn't Halo to me and it never will be but that doesnt mean Infinite automatically sucks.

Plus - leagues and tournaments can take sprint out. Does the map design suffer? Of course. But at least we get real Halo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

There was never any indication that 343 was removing sprint or spartan abilities. Don't get your hopes up just because the art style for an engine teaser had a more classic look. I fully expect to be disappointed

• Like (+1) 2

If you told me in 2012 that 343 would drop their art-style before they ever removed sprint, I'd say that you were fucking delusional.

Would really love to hear from 343 on why Sprint is staying. Its been explained and even demonstrated for years that turning up movement speed>sprint. 

• Like (+1) 3

Some of you guys really thought 343 was gonna remove sprint?...

LMAO

honestly ill take it. i fucking HATE thrust, ground pound, and spartan charge

8 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Sprint Halo isn't Halo to me and it never will be but that doesnt mean Infinite automatically sucks.

Plus - leagues and tournaments can take sprint out. Does the map design suffer? Of course. But at least we get real Halo.

Disregarding the fact that you’re already suggesting that competitive Halo play a completely different game than default, you are either ignorant or disingenuous if you think map design is the only aspect of gameplay that suffers due to advanced movement.  The cheese level aim assist on the Sniper Rifle is a direct result of the inclusion of advanced movement.  You can’t fix that by disabling sprint and playing on forge maps.

#realhalo 

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

On 5/23/2019 at 10:50 PM, Commander Eagle said:

I wonder who Gab and Fantasy are teaming with now

Gab, Fantasy, Trippey and Penguin perhaps? That team might turn some heads.