CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Can't wait for 2 more years of 1-2 posts a day in this thread while Halo esports slowly dies an Infinite sized death.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Zavehi said:

Can't wait for 2 more years of 1-2 posts a day in this thread while Halo esports slowly dies an Infinite sized death.

Just be thankful you have your gold bar already. It'll be almost impossible for me to get it at this point.

It's funny, you would think with a major HCS event in a month's time and E3 just a couple weeks after that, things would be exciting. I really think no gameplay last year at E3 was what killed most of the momentum, or at least that's when I felt it the most. I was satisfied with H5's position, but no real Infinite news followed by hearing we were going back to MCC which still has a bunch of problems just killed excitement for me.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Someone start an argument about something asinine I can't take it anymore.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Hxrshly said:

Ummm...  Your opinions are not as good as mine, fight me?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Hxrshly said:

Ok. Random spread projectile pea shooter Halo 3 is not an improvement over Halo 5 for HCS and H2A with a couple of decent forge maps would have been a vastly superior option for "Classic Halo" competitions.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Silos said:

Just be thankful you have your gold bar already. It'll be almost impossible for me to get it at this point.

Tried to chip in, best of luck :)

Post memes. That's the way to farm rep. 

Or be like @NavG123

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, arglactable said:

Ok. Random spread projectile pea shooter Halo 3 is not an improvement over Halo 5 for HCS and H2A with a couple of decent forge maps would have been a vastly superior option for "Classic Halo" competitions.

God just fucking inject it into my veins

• Like (+1) 2

i miss weekly pro league and having a dedicated place for halo esports to stream. these dreamhack quals need to be broadcasted on the hcs twitch channel so there can be some visibility.  plus we need infinite news to tide us over. give us something please

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

i miss weekly pro league and having a dedicated place for halo esports to stream. these dreamhack quals need to be broadcasted on the hcs twitch channel so there can be some visibility.  plus we need infinite news to tide us over. give us something please

We won’t get infinite news before E3. But I guess that’s not too far away now...

this is literally the longest I've gone without checking Halo news / watching Halo streams since 2009, pretty crazy.  somewhat related ... Destiny 2 is in a good place right now (PvP feels like a weirdly fun version of Halo 3, at least when I'm using a pulse rifle).

anyway I think things will pick back up after E3 (only a month away now), plus they'll likely start multiplayer flighting before the game's release so that should help as well ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

15 hours ago, Hxrshly said:

Free Cooper

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

I am so fucking bored lol

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

I wonder if we will get the Sprints series again for Infinite?  I actually enjoyed that when they released the 5 episodes or whatever before h5 release. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, AirKick said:

I wonder if we will get the Sprints series again for Infinite?  I actually enjoyed that when they released the 5 episodes or whatever before h5 release. 

If sprint wasn't in the game they could have called it 'The power-walk' but we all know it will be in anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, AirKick said:

That shit was so fake and scripted it wasn't even funny.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Craneteam said:

@Lottie Praagy08 is host CWL London this weekend! Congrats Lottie

H6 cicrcuit better be something cool or all our best talent will be off elsewhere heh. (congrats Lottie !)

29 more days

so long y'know

these past months have been a haze

TB Mr. 343i can we pls get sum infinite news? maybe even a little Reach PC phase? maybe a little HCS praise? :)

Mr. 343i : no

29 more days

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

23 hours ago, Craneteam said:

@Lottie Praagy08 is host CWL London this weekend! Congrats Lottie

and marks casting and wonderboys observing 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheSimms said:

and marks casting and wonderboys observing 

Yeah I was going to mention this too. Really happy for all 3 of Lottie, Onset, and Wonderboy. I haven't gotten to see Onset cast yet but Lottie has gotten some love on Twitter from some in the COD community so seems like she's killing it like always.

3 hours ago, shotty2theface2 said:

Yeah I was going to mention this too. Really happy for all 3 of Lottie, Onset, and Wonderboy. I haven't gotten to see Onset cast yet but Lottie has gotten some love on Twitter from some in the COD community so seems like she's killing it like always.

@Onset is on a bit between games rn. Its cool to see them on a big stage like this

On 4/30/2019 at 10:34 PM, Hxrshly said:

Lol what's your K/D kid? Do you even go to events dipshit?  :kappa:

On 5/1/2019 at 10:34 AM, Hxrshly said:

The Halo 3 sniper is easier to use than Halo 5's.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 5/1/2019 at 6:56 PM, CharlesSharkley said:

Free Cooper

Was cooper the guy who tried telling mikwens dad he was a bad parent if i remember right? Damn teambeyond was super entertaining back then. I mean, he was a total dick but some of the stuff he came out with was mind boggling, yet you couldn't stop reading it lmao. The memes and hype around here was top tier too, we miss @mediabrute on that one.

• Upvote (+1) 2