CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, TheSimms said:

marketing team very much in touch with the developers :kappa:

It's like they know what they are talking about or know what they are doing...... if that means googling images.

I think this is pretty good. The guy is a good actor, love him as Mad Sweeney in American Gods, and he also fits the build of Chief. The guy is an absolute unit at 6'5". 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, MUSE_iC said:

I think this is pretty good. The guy is a good actor, love him as Mad Sweeney in American Gods, and he also fits the build of Chief. The guy is an absolute unit at 6'5". 

Never heard of him before, but picture reminded me of Liev Schreiber, then read the text and saw that he was a Schreiber, turns out they're half-brothers.

• Like (+1) 1

And the Halo 5 split screen video was taken down. New video uploaded showing them playing Halo 3 Zanzibar split screen.

New video!  Saw a question in "La Cabra"'s chat the other day and thought it would make an interesting topic.  Enjoy! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Lord willing, we'll see at least one official Halo LAN tournament that includes CE, H2, and H3 before Infinite is released.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

Lord willing, we'll see at least one official Halo LAN tournament that includes CE, H2, and H3 before Infinite is released.

Image result for i need it gif

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

I wanna see an olympics style event. Teams sign up as 4, then they pick two to compete in a CE 2v2 event on Friday, then 4v4 on H2 and 3 Saturday and Sunday with FFA throughout the weekend and points awarded based on placing in the various events.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Infinite confirmed not launching with a developer made Battle Royale mode (also Battle Rifle confirmed Kappa).  

Frank also pointed out a thought of mine was that BR/Hunger Games was a thing with H2A and surely could have been done with H5's forge if people wanted to.  

1 hour ago, Too Much Tuna said:

When you get confused because you thought it was a team for Halo infinite but its not out yet ....derp

Btw its dead af in here. Somebody call out somebody else for god sake

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Humpflung said:

When you get confused because you thought it was a team for Halo infinite but its not out yet ....derp

Btw its dead af in here. Somebody call out somebody else for god sake

"Your subjective opinion on the state of Competitive Halo is inferior to my subjective opinion on the state of competitive Halo!"

I'll even throw in the usual GIF used whenever @CyReN decides to clean up the toxicity

Image result for sweeping gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

guys what happened to stellur? Did he retire?

I haven't been paying attention to Halo for like 2yrs now, so i have no idea what's happened.

OK tier list time.  This was being done by CoD pros on Twitter and I saw some Halo people doing it too and figured I'd join in.  Curious what you guys all think. If you do it though, note what criteria you're basing it on (campaign, MP, competitive, etc).

So here's my list.  This is MP only, and factors in both social and competitive. ODST is DQd because it's MP is basically covered by H3.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

OK tier list time.  This was being done by CoD pros on Twitter and I saw some Halo people doing it too and figured I'd join in.  Curious what you guys all think. If you do it though, note what criteria you're basing it on (campaign, MP, competitive, etc).

So here's my list.  This is MP only, and factors in both social and competitive. ODST is DQd because it's MP is basically covered by H3.

Swap Reach and Halo 3, and drop Halo 2 a level and you'd have my list. I feel like all of the games are very playable though, other than Halo 4 which I strongly dislike.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

On 4/19/2019 at 5:14 PM, Humpflung said:

Somebody call out somebody else for god sake

You're all bad

• Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

On 4/20/2019 at 4:23 PM, Trespa5s said:

i think nbns reach was better than the final version of h5 we played on. i would have to swap those 2. i might have to put h5 below h4. even though i liked its final implementation, the years of autos, radar, heavy aim, and issues that would cripple one side of a LANd station were too damaging to the competitive scene. a 100% working h5 was good, nothing really special, but i just have a hard time separating those other issues from the game

• Like (+1) 2

my favorite content that i want to see infinite more of

On 4/20/2019 at 5:42 AM, cyanideAA said:

guys what happened to stellur? Did he retire?

I haven't been paying attention to Halo for like 2yrs now, so i have no idea what's happened.

i met him in halo4 and didn't really see him around in reach or h3. my guess is he'll be back for infinite and be back on top

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, FeaR said:

how would the other smashers not notice the smell :thinking:

Most of them can't notice their own smell.

• Fire (+1) 1

the last two clips in that Hyena montage are :fire:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1