Jump to content
CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, TheSimms said:

 

marketing team very much in touch with the developers :kappa:

It's like they know what they are talking about or know what they are doing...... if that means googling images.

Share this post


Link to post

 

I think this is pretty good. The guy is a good actor, love him as Mad Sweeney in American Gods, and he also fits the build of Chief. The guy is an absolute unit at 6'5". 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, MUSE_iC said:

 

I think this is pretty good. The guy is a good actor, love him as Mad Sweeney in American Gods, and he also fits the build of Chief. The guy is an absolute unit at 6'5". 

Never heard of him before, but picture reminded me of Liev Schreiber, then read the text and saw that he was a Schreiber, turns out they're half-brothers.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

And the Halo 5 split screen video was taken down. New video uploaded showing them playing Halo 3 Zanzibar split screen.

Share this post


Link to post

New video!  Saw a question in "La Cabra"'s chat the other day and thought it would make an interesting topic.  Enjoy! 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Lord willing, we'll see at least one official Halo LAN tournament that includes CE, H2, and H3 before Infinite is released.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

Lord willing, we'll see at least one official Halo LAN tournament that includes CE, H2, and H3 before Infinite is released.

Image result for i need it gif

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

Lord willing, we'll see at least one official Halo LAN tournament that includes CE, H2, and H3 before Infinite is released.

I wanna see an olympics style event. Teams sign up as 4, then they pick two to compete in a CE 2v2 event on Friday, then 4v4 on H2 and 3 Saturday and Sunday with FFA throughout the weekend and points awarded based on placing in the various events.  

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Infinite confirmed not launching with a developer made Battle Royale mode (also Battle Rifle confirmed Kappa).  

Frank also pointed out a thought of mine was that BR/Hunger Games was a thing with H2A and surely could have been done with H5's forge if people wanted to.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Too Much Tuna said:

 

When you get confused because you thought it was a team for Halo infinite but its not out yet ....derp



Btw its dead af in here. Somebody call out somebody else for god sake

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Humpflung said:

When you get confused because you thought it was a team for Halo infinite but its not out yet ....derp



Btw its dead af in here. Somebody call out somebody else for god sake

"Your subjective opinion on the state of Competitive Halo is inferior to my subjective opinion on the state of competitive Halo!"

 

I'll even throw in the usual GIF used whenever @CyReN decides to clean up the toxicity

 

Image result for sweeping gif

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

guys what happened to stellur? Did he retire?

 

I haven't been paying attention to Halo for like 2yrs now, so i have no idea what's happened.

Share this post


Link to post

OK tier list time.  This was being done by CoD pros on Twitter and I saw some Halo people doing it too and figured I'd join in.  Curious what you guys all think. If you do it though, note what criteria you're basing it on (campaign, MP, competitive, etc).

So here's my list.  This is MP only, and factors in both social and competitive. ODST is DQd because it's MP is basically covered by H3.

 

Image

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

OK tier list time.  This was being done by CoD pros on Twitter and I saw some Halo people doing it too and figured I'd join in.  Curious what you guys all think. If you do it though, note what criteria you're basing it on (campaign, MP, competitive, etc).

So here's my list.  This is MP only, and factors in both social and competitive. ODST is DQd because it's MP is basically covered by H3.

 

Image

Swap Reach and Halo 3, and drop Halo 2 a level and you'd have my list. I feel like all of the games are very playable though, other than Halo 4 which I strongly dislike.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/19/2019 at 5:14 PM, Humpflung said:

Somebody call out somebody else for god sake

You're all bad

  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/20/2019 at 4:23 PM, Trespa5s said:

OK tier list time.  This was being done by CoD pros on Twitter and I saw some Halo people doing it too and figured I'd join in.  Curious what you guys all think. If you do it though, note what criteria you're basing it on (campaign, MP, competitive, etc).

So here's my list.  This is MP only, and factors in both social and competitive. ODST is DQd because it's MP is basically covered by H3.

 

Image

i think nbns reach was better than the final version of h5 we played on. i would have to swap those 2. i might have to put h5 below h4. even though i liked its final implementation, the years of autos, radar, heavy aim, and issues that would cripple one side of a LANd station were too damaging to the competitive scene. a 100% working h5 was good, nothing really special, but i just have a hard time separating those other issues from the game

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

my favorite content that i want to see infinite more of
 

 

On 4/20/2019 at 5:42 AM, cyanideAA said:

guys what happened to stellur? Did he retire?

 

I haven't been paying attention to Halo for like 2yrs now, so i have no idea what's happened.

 

i met him in halo4 and didn't really see him around in reach or h3. my guess is he'll be back for infinite and be back on top

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, FeaR said:

how would the other smashers not notice the smell :thinking:

Most of them can't notice their own smell.

  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

the last two clips in that Hyena montage are :fire:

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.