CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

You could also include not removing SC/GP for 2.5 years.  

I'm not expecting magic right out of the gate (Needn't we forget we're on the 7th version of competitive settings for H3), but there needs to be WAY more support for the scene and listening to feedback from the pro team/players.  

hopefully we are past the point of trying to reinvent the wheel every game and we can actually build off what we have learned from h5 and the h3 season. if so i think we could be in for a really good game. and if the pros can be part of the multiplayer desin then we can have something really special. it would be nice to see a great game come after all this halo pc excitement and revival of this franchise

• Like (+1) 3

idk how he does it, but Shotzzy's movement in h3 is on another level. you just dont really see pros move around a map like he does 

1 hour ago, Inno said:

idk how he does it, but Shotzzy's movement in h3 is on another level. you just dont really see pros move around a map like he does 

I literally could not believe it, given that H3's movement is so much more restricted, but watching him play you can just tell that it's Shotzzy; he does these insane jumps on map architecture that you never see normally (outside of like trick-jumping montages from 2009)

On 4/5/2019 at 12:45 PM, TheSimms said:

We literally had Ghost and Neighbour on the last pro team - two of the most outspoken players in the scene (ghost literally helped design competitive settings through previous iterations of Halo since H2) and we still had things like sprint/ground pound/nade markers etc, hate to be that guy but it feels more like a QnA team than a pro team. I hope i'm completely wrong and way off the mark but the name feels more like a PR name as opposed to actually catering the game for pro level play. A relatively harsh and potentially completely wrong critique but that's just my feel (maybe we will see the team utilised more compered to 5), ether way i'm very happy for all those that get the opportunity to work on something they love. Good luck to them and i look forward to what Infinite has to bring.

I don't know how outspoken Neighbor was in the office during Halo 5s development but publically he was timid until he was leaving. 

Ghost was MVP. 

I'll never forgive the pro team for permanently screwing up H5's aiming after the beta. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

13 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

I'll never forgive the pro team for permanently screwing up H5's aiming after the beta. 

"Squirrelly."

• WutFace (+0) 2

On 4/7/2019 at 2:27 AM, TeeJaY said:

Something had to have been lost in translation/execution. I just don't believe that they played what ended up being H5's aiming at launch and were like "yep, send it." Granted, nothing needed changed after the H5 beta. They should have left it alone. But I don't think H5's eventual aiming reality was intentional.

The 'pro team' was just for show. Hire some testers who also happen to be pro Halo players. Boom, positive PR.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

The 'pro team' was just for show. Hire some testers who also happen to be pro Halo players. Boom, positive PR.

Hey, H5 was better game than H4. If nothing else, they were trying to implement things they could not remove in best possible way.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

I see we've buried the bar 

I am only saying they had positive impact on the game for sure. Note, they were also trying to bring some explanations to forums, that is another good thing.

That is all.

Another pro team hire. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Hemlax said:

I am only saying they had positive impact on the game for sure. Note, they were also trying to bring some explanations to forums, that is another good thing.

That is all.

"Hey Ghostayame, those kids on TeamBeyond aren't drinking the kool-aid on our latest gameplay reveal. Go set them straight, will you? You're a Halo pro, they worship you!"

I was here for those pre-release Halo 5 pro team forum posts. They never had a good answer for anything.

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/5/2019 at 2:20 PM, Craneteam said:

hopefully we are past the point of trying to reinvent the wheel every game and we can actually build off what we have learned from h5 and the h3 season. if so i think we could be in for a really good game. and if the pros can be part of the multiplayer desin then we can have something really special. it would be nice to see a great game come after all this halo pc excitement and revival of this franchise

They can add whatever they want to BTB and other game modes. The game will most likely be launching with a custom games browser and an extensive forge anyways (So playing the style they want shouldn't be a problem.) They really only need to cater one mode (The competitive/Arena mode) for what the vast majority of the competitive community already knows works. If someone wants to get into competitive Halo they can (and will) learn that style. People are going to play what they want anyways; H5 is proof the "universal settings" idea doesn't really work/matter anyways.

343 should learn from the past and stop force-feeding their competitive settings down the communities throat's. I don't have my hopes up too high though. 

I need a Lethul stream every day and I hope we start seeing some pros stream some scrims soon

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, NAK said:

They can add whatever they want to BTB and other game modes. The game will most likely be launching with a custom games browser and an extensive forge anyways (So playing the style they want shouldn't be a problem.) They really only need to cater one mode (The competitive/Arena mode) for what the vast majority of the competitive community already knows works. If someone wants to get into competitive Halo they can (and will) learn that style. People are going to play what they want anyways; H5 is proof the "universal settings" idea doesn't really work/matter anyways.

343 should learn from the past and stop force-feeding their competitive settings down the communities throat's. I don't have my hopes up too high though. 

If the game is good, you shouldn't need separate variants for tournament play.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Toxic (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hemlax said:

That is all.

Yeah but Halo 4 was so laughably abysmal that 343 would've had to put more effort into making a shitty Halo game than genuinely try to make something they thought was good. 

• Like (+1) 1

So is Dreamhack Dallas the last H3 LAN event for 2019?  Would be a little weird not to have anything planned for summer or fall.

5 hours ago, Hard Way said:

If the game is good, you shouldn't need separate variants for tournament play.

Do you mean different settings/maps?  The same way H3 had seven variations of changes before being settled?  No matter what game it is you're going to need tweaks from the casual side to the competitive side unless the game is built from the ground up around competitive which no game ever is. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

So is Dreamhack Dallas the last H3 LAN event for 2019?  Would be a little weird not to have anything planned for summer or fall.

I really hope not lol 

37 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

Same old pattern. Announce a string of LANs. After they're finished announce next string.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Trespa5s said:

Do you mean different settings/maps?  The same way H3 had seven variations of changes before being settled?  No matter what game it is you're going to need tweaks from the casual side to the competitive side unless the game is built from the ground up around competitive which no game ever is. 

I mean the comp settings shouldn’t need to be wildly different from the base game.

• Toxic (+1) 1