CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Nah but I remember back in early 08, waking up at 6am before school to play ranked Team Slayer with my irl homie because we really wanted 50s and believed that all the good players would still be asleep. We were wrong. We just matched good players from other regions.

This was me

Flame was saying he'd like to get the SQ squad back together but not sure if it's happening or just what he was looking to do. 

Flamesword was saying on Twitch that he was teaming with one of his long time teammates (Ace?) and that Roy and Lunchbox were going a different route and announcing their team soon. It sounded like he was saying Roy and Lunch were going the younger route, so that doesn't sound like Pistola and Snipedown?

Do you guys think Royal 2, Snakebite, and Lethul will play Halo 3 and pick up a 4th?

Flame is 29, so technically they're the younger route...

Flamesword was saying on Twitch that he was teaming with one of his long time teammates (Ace?) and that Roy and Lunchbox were going a different route and announcing their team soon.  It sounded like he was saying Roy and Lunch were going the younger route, so that doesn't sound like Pistola and Snipedown?

Do you guys think Royal 2, Snakebite, and Lethul will play Halo 3 and pick up a 4th?

Caught some of Ace's stream earlier today, he was playing Halo 3 with his H5 team.

Not sure what that means, if anything...

Wouldn't surprise me if Assault was that teammate.

I mean he did say he wanted to get the old SQ squad together so that's definitely well within the realm of possibility. 

When rosters start getting finalized is when the real hype sets in. Neighbor Mikwen and APG have been playing together a lot they could probably make a good roster. Also I think people might be underrating Maniac hes pretty fucking good.

Neighbor, Flame, Mikwen and someone else (not sure who) are running games right now.

Edit: Fourth is Maniac. Also, someone needs to post the hurricane Roy gif, then it'll really feel like the good old days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maniac Tweet

This sucks

Is Flamesword playing? I don't think people realize how big of an impact having Optic in the community would help these grassroots tournaments.

Edit: Disregard, I see he is. I haven't been keeping up and just saw this and responded lol.

Not Halo related, but Zven/Mithy were a long-lasting duo in LoL and the farewell tweet from Zven captures everything I think public-facing relationships in esports should be:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Flame also said he though RoyBox was going to announce their other 2 either last night or today and that Flame was looking to announce his roster either today or tomorrow.  Not expecting it to happen that smoothly, but can't imagine we have to wait longer than another day or so before we get some  :intel:  :intel:  :intel:  :intel:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Neighbor, Flame, Mikwen and someone else (not sure who) are running games right now.

Edit: Fourth is Maniac. Also, someone needs to post the hurricane Roy gif, then it'll really feel like the good old days.

eL1WtLK.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm 90% sure it was Best Man rather than Maniac.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FlameSworD (based on his Halo wiki)

Possible Teammates:

Clutch

ToTz

Ace

Assault

ManiaC

My money is on some combination of them + one of Ace's H5 Teammates if it's not all OG H3 guys (Sabinator, Spartan, eL Town) under the Optic name

I'm 90% sure it was Best Man rather than Maniac.

Oh shit, I forgot Best Man's name was "Nick".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wish we had a bungie.net for MCC  :mj:

WOAH wait. You haven't heard about our lord and savior HALO WAYPOINT?

• Upvote (+1) 3