FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

You guys are adorable. Please point out where I said that H5 has less of a movement skill gap than H3? Newsflash, it didn't happen. I said Pistola's movement in H3 is more impressive. This is in part because he only has run and jump to work with while still juking players far more than anyone else. There's a distinction there that you guys are missing because you desperately want to defend H5. Next time, actually read what I said.

Halo 5's movement mechanics are trash for reasons that have nothing to do with skill gaps anyway.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 2

I love this forum, so many haters, never change halo community 

• Fire (+1) 4

Gotta say I thought this tournament was absolutely fantastic to watch, not just because I am a Halo 3 fanboy and love watching it being played competitively (for the most part) but also the way the whole show was organised and presented was just very entertaining. Almost no down time, some really amazing chemistry between the casters/presenters and a bit of casual fun in the form of the rivals series really made this tournament something special imo.

Obviously it would be nice to have more viewers but I think there is enough to sustain the circuit and if they keep on producing quality shows then I think there is a good chance the viewership will increase. I am not going to let low viewership stop me from enjoying the show though.

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, logfish111 said:

Gotta say I thought this tournament was absolutely fantastic to watch, not just because I am a Halo 3 fanboy and love watching it being played competitively (for the most part) but also the way the whole show was organised and presented was just very entertaining. Almost no down time, some really amazing chemistry between the casters/presenters and a bit of casual fun in the form of the rivals series really made this tournament something special imo.

Obviously it would be nice to have more viewers but I think there is enough to sustain the circuit and if they keep on producing quality shows then I think there is a good chance the viewership will increase. I am not going to let low viewership stop me from enjoying the show though.

Yeah I gotta shout out the production and the casters/desk, they were phenomenal this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MUSE_iC said:

Really guys... We need to start this crap again? Can we all just drop it? Halo is Halo. This event was great and exciting lets just enjoy it and drop the petty arguing. HALO IS HALO.

It's literally two people dragging the thread down that rabbit hole, and I recommend everyone mute both of them as I have done. 

https://teambeyond.net/forum/ignore/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Everyone on REC played amazing this weekend but gotta give a special shoutout to Snip3down. That was one of the most dominant individual performances I’ve ever seen at an event he was on fire the entire tournament.

• Like (+1) 1

A thought just occurred to me.

Reach is going to be the first game for play in the PC edition for MCC. The competitive settings, v7, will have the easiest transition over to keyboard and mouse. I think it would be interesting if we got H3 Xbox One and Reach v7 PC tourneys back to back over the course of the year. Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 2

Those white Rec jerseys are also straight fire

What about making the league 5v5 and having each team have at least 2 controller players?  If they can close the gap as much as possible there shouldnt be much of a difference just like in Destiny 2. 

7 minutes ago, Onset said:

That was so fun man. 

Genuienly the most fun I’ve ever had at an event. Crowd was awesome, gameplay was awesome and I witnessed a four man cannon in a championship deciding game. 

Was so much fun to watch. I really like the mix up with the BTB and the rivals series as well. Great casting as alwys

If Halo 2 BTB makes its way to the main stage I'll lose my fucking mind.

• Like (+1) 1

Amazing event, one of the recent few that I have actually really enjoyed watching.

Amazing storylines during this event; Roybox on the comeup again with REC, and Ola winning the 2v2 with someone he inspired to play Halo. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think a BTB or All Star match needs to be a fixture going forward.  Just some good, harmless fun is always good.  Or just give @GoldenboyFTW and Walshy the reins and let them go wild.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SweetSega said:

What about making the league 5v5 and having each team have at least 2 controller players?  If they can close the gap as much as possible there shouldnt be much of a difference just like in Destiny 2. 

What would be the point of forcing players to use a controller? Either the gap isn't very small in which case let them use what they prefer or it is in which case we should want every player using the setup that works best. If M&K is better forcing two players to use controller is just tying a hand behind the teams back. 

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

A thought just occurred to me.

Reach is going to be the first game for play in the PC edition for MCC. The competitive settings, v7, will have the easiest transition over to keyboard and mouse. I think it would be interesting if we got H3 Xbox One and Reach v7 PC tourneys back to back over the course of the year. Thoughts?

Honestly I would like to see v7 tourneys on xbox as well. I don't feel like it really got a full chance after reach was dropped by MLG and imo v7 reach is much better as a game than h3. That being said for PC I'd imagine the single shot DMR will play a lot better than the burst BR as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I hope they make the ranked Reach playlist consistent with the current ones and have it be the competitive settings. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

If reach had more non forge maps I would be entirely in favour of switching out H3 for reach v7, but no one likes looking at the same grey textures all day.

8 hours ago, Llamaas said:

this event had more prize money than probably half of the h5 events did since most of them were just qualifiers and seeding tournaments. money def isnt it

H5 was more exciting. Who knew people like watching shots connect?

Roybox back:ace:

Also in CoD: Rec got 3rd and Frosty got top6

22 minutes ago, Hxrshly said:

If reach had more non forge maps I would be entirely in favour of switching out H3 for reach v7, but no one likes looking at the same grey textures all day.

Yeah that is really the only major downside for it. Wonder if on PC there would be a way to add more color to some of the maps.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, infraction said:

Yeah that is really the only major downside for it. Wonder if on PC there would be a way to add more color to some of the maps.

Wouldn't be too hard.