FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Snipedown going off at the end reminded me of that killtrocity (correct me if I’m wrong) that he had on one of those mlg top 10’s back in the day. 

Brooo ok now that ive calmed down a bit. Im not only glad that Rec won, and to see the twins back on top(especially after all the shit they used to get), but the fashion that they won it in. They were in command for so much of the series. This wasnt some fluke or anything they came and performed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Still cant believe halo 3 is doing worse than halo 5 did viewership wise

1 minute ago, Llamaas said:

Buuuuuuuuuuuurnout.

3 minutes ago, Llamaas said:

Its not really about the game right now. If you compare the effort that went into H5 2015/16 to get the ball rolling compared to its subsequent fall off and what we're experiencing right now it makes sense with any game that isn't brand new. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Buuuuuuuuuuuurnout.

this is it. ive been watching comp halo for a long ass time now and i cant bring myself to give a single shit about halo 3 anymore... atleast in h5 i cared a little bit. interesting considering h3 is better to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

18 minutes ago, Llamaas said:

Money

this event had more prize money than probably half of the h5 events did since most of them were just qualifiers and seeding tournaments. money def isnt it

• Fire (+1) 1

It was weird seeing TOX choke so much this event. They’ve lost games in nailbiters and blowouts, but the one thing we’ve never seen them do is choke so many leads like that.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Pistola's movement in H3 is way more impressive than whatever these players were doing in H5.

Nah

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 2

8 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Nah

Good to see you guys lurking in the shadows awaiting for a moment to do what you do.

• Simms (+1) 1

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Nah

H5's movement system is trash. But I will give it credit. It's less trash than your opinions on Halo are. :lxthul:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

33 minutes ago, Llamaas said:

Average viewership is pretty much identical to H5 it's just spread over more platforms 

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hxrshly said:

Average viewership is pretty much identical to H5 it's just spread over more platforms 

All that tells me is that halo 5 did a better job at bringing new eyes onto the esport.

31 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Pistola's movement in H3 is way more impressive than whatever these players were doing in H5.

I wholeheartedly disagree. This seems way more of a "I dont like h5 so everything on h3 is more impressive BabyRage" statement to me

• Fire (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Llamaas said:

I wholeheartedly disagree. This seems way more of a "I dont like h5 so everything on h3 is more impressive BabyRage" statement to me

Halo 3 is trash too. Pistola's movement is not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

LOL you can call my opinions trash all you want. But to just straight up ignore all the movement skill H5 had is nuts. Especially when you look at what movement halo 3 has in comparison. I get you all hate Halo 5 but sheesh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Good to see you guys lurking in the shadows awaiting for a moment to do what you do.

So before these H3 tournies what were you doing? Hiding in the shadows for years? 

4 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Halo 3 is trash too. Pistola's movement is not.

Ola has good movement obviously, but what im saying is halo 5s movement has an undoubtedly higher skill ceiling than halo 3s does whether you like it or not.

Really guys... We need to start this crap again? Can we all just drop it? Halo is Halo. This event was great and exciting lets just enjoy it and drop the petty arguing. HALO IS HALO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Llamaas said:

this event had more prize money than probably half of the h5 events did since most of them were just qualifiers and seeding tournaments. money def isnt it

https://esc.watch/tournaments/halo5

Both Classic Halo events compete viewership wise when compared to prize pool. With it being an invitational this event probaly shouldn't have been $100k ($50-75k would have been fine IMO) but even with the preliminary numbers, 10k twitch + ~2-5k mixer/facebook, it's still fine in terms of value.

• Like (+1) 1