CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

You're so we'll educated on Halo you seem to forget this isn't our platform. I love invitational events and all that but the Halo community fills venues and competes. That's what we do. We've never been about giant numbers. Hopefully PC can change that too, but until then stop crying or go away til infinite. 

Stop crying should be something you re read every day. Crying is what you did for the entiretyof Halo 5 lmao. And halo 4. And probably Reach. But when someone criticizes the game you like it's crying. 

Crazy I didn't see this attitude during h5 from you? What gives man? Where was this undying support during the other games? 

Oh and LOL you think Halo is the only game that fills up venues? You think somehow halo has sooooooo many more fans that show up rather than just watch the stream? You're living on another planet. 

8 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I honestly believe the numbers, at least at this level, are entirely about the effort and marketing being put behind it as well as just general fatigue due to nothing being new as well as Halo not having had a large cultural impact as far as the wider gaming community goes in over a decade. The MCC PC announcement is probably the most relevant Halo has been to gaming as a whole in a long time and could be the start of an actual correction for the overall series growth. tl;dr I don't believe any currently released Halo title would be doing any better in this situation although a few would definitely be doing worse

Oh I know Halo in general isn't gonna put up crazy numbers especially with the lack of advertising and all the other things. The main thing is that SO MANY people swore that all we needed was to go back to a classic game. Which was never the case. Pc announcement is definitely the biggest thing for halo in the past 10 years but we have yet to see how it will go. Might not even work like launch MCC. People might not play it. Advertising might be as bad as it's always been. I hope they do everything right though I really do. 

23 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Well, that's your problem, then. Only thing that wouldn't be retreading the same ground would be to just have no Halo at all. But that wouldn't be very successful. And even if you're ok with retreading the same ground if it's with another Halo game then I doubt that would be more successful at drawing viewership than this, either.

H2A, again. While it's arguably "retreading old ground" as I also said in my past post, it only got a 6 month or so string of events before the 2015 August Invitational for Halo 5 kicked off that game. 

It's not a "Halo 3 or nothing" scenario. Nor at this point is it about me trying to get more people to watch, as I doubt much will happen there until Infinite. It's just about having a game that isn't Halo 3 in the circuit again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

Stop crying should be something you re read every day. Crying is what you did for the entiretyof Halo 5 lmao. And halo 4. And probably Reach. But when someone criticizes the game you like it's crying. 

Crazy I didn't see this attitude during h5 from you? What gives man? Where was this undying support during the other games? 

I actually showed up to agl, MLG, world's, and UGC to support the games and the respected organizations/leagues. I hated modern Halo but still wanted to see the franchise live. Where were you? On the forums during events crying about viewership? Yay

• Like (+1) 2

Goldenboy may have won BTB, but Walshy will always win the banter battle. Absolutely fried.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Humpflung said:

I actually showed up to agl, MLG, world's, and UGC to support the games and the respected organizations/leagues. I hated modern Halo but still wanted to see the franchise live. Where were you? On the forums during events crying about viewership? Yay

Going to LANs isn't the end all be all homie. Good for you. You attended LANs for a game you don't even play or enjoy. That's just weird. Yea I was at home playing the games. Like a pretty normal halo player tbh. You know, supporting the game by actually playing it. Something that still matters lmao. 

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Oh I know Halo in general isn't gonna put up crazy numbers especially with the lack of advertising and all the other things. The main thing is that SO MANY people swore that all we needed was to go back to a classic game. Which was never the case. Pc announcement is definitely the biggest thing for halo in the past 10 years but we have yet to see how it will go. Might not even work like launch MCC. People might not play it. Advertising might be as bad as it's always been. I hope they do everything right though I really do. 

People might not stick to the competitive scene for pc but saying people won't play it at least based on the initial reaction seems crazy. The announcement alone was trending on Youtube Twitter and was the number 1 post on reddit as well as beating out previous threads like cyberpunk announcement which no one doubts people will play a ton of.  MCC on pc will draw people in. The question is how many stick long term specifically for the competitive scene. 

That Bravo counseling session content was 10/10. Well done HCS team. Seriously funny content.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Going to LANs isn't the end all be all homie. Good for you. You attended LANs for a game you don't even play or enjoy. That's just weird. Yea I was at home playing the games. Like a pretty normal halo player tbh. You know, supporting the game by actually playing it. Something that still matters lmao. 

Lol I play everyday, and yes going to events is all that matters. Am I the best player? No. But I go to have a good time and support the game/leagues and meet people because that's Halo. Once I get my PC I'll be making more content to support the franchise as well. I do everything I can with my spare time with ideas to push Halo forward. Problem is, my life can't be just Halo. Once it can be, it will be. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

Lol I play everyday, and yes going to events is all that matters. Am I the best player? No. But I go to have a good time and support the game/leagues and meet people because that's Halo. Once I get my PC I'll be making more content to support the franchise as well. I do everything I can with my spare time with ideas to push Halo forward. Problem is, my life can't be just Halo. Once it can be, it will be. 

It's not that serious lmao 

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

It's not that serious lmao 

HaLo Is My LiFe

Man I hope theres a game 5. I really want to see these guys on H2 Beaver Creek but I doubt it will.

• Like (+1) 2

Saturday evening memes: Going from H2 Lockout 1v1 to Halo 5 

Image result for pepehands

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Proto said:

Saturday evening memes: Going from H2 Lockout 1v1 to Halo 5 

Image result for pepehands

At least it's not that garbage CE :salt:

• Downvote (-1) 7
  • Salt (-1) 3