CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

X1qmcK8.png

4 k very smart people who have good taste are watching Halo. Rest can do what they will.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

?

Halo 3 did not bring us back. CoD's still going strong in comparison.

2 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

We're going to PC. These numbers will. Change

Ehhhhhhhhhhh, maybe. I'm still of the idea we're gonna suffer extreme burnout playing the same game we've grinded out for 11+ years, just on a different platform. Skeptical, but hopeful.

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

Halo 3 did not bring us back. CoD's still going strong in comparison.

No idea what CoD has to do with anything. LoL has even better numbers, I guess CoD needs to do something too?

All 4 broadcasts are at 5491 combined now, but who cares?

I dont like H3 that much but its still better than cod. We need new Halo to grow but this is what we have now. Its ok to me.

Just now, theslatcher said:

No idea what CoD has to do with anything. LoL has even better numbers, I guess CoD needs to do something too?

All 4 broadcasts are at 5491 combined now, but who cares?

LoL's an entirely different game whereas CoD and Halo are/were(?) straight competitors, among a few others. It's pretty sad to see Halo sitting at 5K during a big tournament in comparison to CoD's 30K+.

MCC on PC means I can dust off my 360 controller right? 

12 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lmao doesn't change the fact that Halo 3 is poop 

13 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lmao doesn't change the fact that Halo 3 is poop 

And 95% of the overall Halo community disagrees. Stay on console then.

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

LoL's an entirely different game whereas CoD and Halo are/were(?) straight competitors, among a few others. It's pretty sad to see Halo sitting at 5K during a big tournament in comparison to CoD's 30K+.

As long as I get to watch what I enjoy I'm happy. Even if I was the only Berserk fan and it had no other fans(or people hated it) I'd still be happy having read it, and would eagerly await new chapters(pls Miura, stop playing Idolmaster).

9 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

As long as I get to watch what I enjoy I'm happy. Even if I was the only Berserk fan and it had no other fans(or people hated it) I'd still be happy having read it, and would eagerly await new chapters(pls Miura, stop playing Idolmaster).

Yeah, but I'd rather have what I watch be successful, too. Or at the very least something unconventional in the case it isn't so I'm not retreading the same ground over and over. My entire point with this more so laid in how I really didn't like Halo 3 coming back to the comp scene. It had its time in the sun. And it's obvious the bid for nostalgia really didn't work in the long term, so I would rather we have another game. Know it ain't comin'. But I'll say this until Infinite launches. There is nothing to lose with moving on.

12 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

And 95% of the overall Halo community disagrees. Stay on console then.

Yea all 4000 viewers man 

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Yeah, but I'd rather have what I watch be successful, too. Or at the very least something unconventional in the case it isn't so I'm not retreading the same ground over and over. My entire point with this more so laid in how I really didn't like Halo 3 coming back to the comp scene. It had its time in the sun. And it's obvious the bid for nostalgia really didn't work in the long term, so I would rather we have another game. Know it ain't comin'. But I'll say this until Infinite launches. There is nothing to lose with moving on.

What game would you suggest before infinite instead then?

1 minute ago, infraction said:

What game would you suggest before infinite instead then?

Halo 2: Anniversary. Easily. Good map pool, good gametypes, good BR, solid consistency, a good forge, meaning forge maps could be made and look great, while providing new playspaces. A mix of old and new.

This is besides the fact it got the worst comp scene shaft with about 6 months of tournies before Halo 5's Invitational took over in 2015. I think it deserves another good year run or so until Infinite launches.

5 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea all 4000 viewers man 

We have 4000 viewers because the Halo community moved on after reach and you know that. It's also because we're playing on a dead brand. Go ask all the PC nerds that are hyped up which Halo they're ready for. I'll bet 100 bucks most will say H3 or Reach.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Humpflung said:

We have 4000 viewers because the Halo community moved on after reach and you know that. It's also because we're playing on a dead brand. Go ask all the PC nerds that are hyped up which Halo they're ready for. I'll bet 100 bucks most will say H3 or Reach.

To be fair most will say that because those are the games that have never been on PC before. If someone is a huge halo fan on PC they had a (albiet bad) way of playing Halo 1 and 2. There was no way at all to play 3 or reach. 

4 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

Lmao I thought going back to H3 was already supposed to be enough to bring halo BACK. What happened to that? What's gonna be the next excuse when it still doesn't put up numbers? 

2 minutes ago, infraction said:

To be fair most will say that because those are the games that have never been on PC before. If someone is a huge halo fan on PC they had a (albiet bad) way of playing Halo 1 and 2. There was no way at all to play 3 or reach. 

Halo 2 and more so 3 was Halos golden age and it isn't even a debate.  People generally love Halo 3 despite it's faults. The problem has been playing console in the growing age of PC. Also ninja playing it is going to boost it

2 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lmao I thought going back to H3 was already supposed to be enough to bring halo BACK. What happened to that? What's gonna be the next excuse when it still doesn't put up numbers? 

Then leave the community or play whatever game you like and shut up

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Well, that's your problem, then. Only thing that wouldn't be retreading the same ground would be to just have no Halo at all. But that wouldn't be very successful. And even if you're ok with retreading the same ground if it's with another Halo game then I doubt that would be more successful at drawing viewership than this, either.

4 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

Then leave the community or play whatever game you like and shut up

Lmao when's the last time you even enjoyed Halo? A decade ago? And I'm the one that needs to leave? Hilarious. Keep trying your hardest to relive the GLORY DAYS of Halo 3. Just don't get too depressed when it doesn't pick up steam. 

3 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lmao when's the last time you even enjoyed Halo? A decade ago? And I'm the one that needs to leave? Hilarious. Keep trying your hardest to relive the GLORY DAYS of Halo 3. Just don't get too depressed when it doesn't pick up steam. 

I literally play Halo every day and love it. What does this say about you? I'm not wasting energy on your annoying post. Either enjoy the event discussion or go play fortnite. Better yet. Go play CoD.

iT HaZ MoAr nUmBeRs for you to look at instead of watching the actual event

Just now, Humpflung said:

I literally play Halo every day and love it. What does this say about you? I'm not wasting energy on your annoying post. Either enjoy the event discussion or go play fortnite. Better yet. Go play CoD.

iT HaZ MoAr nUmBeRs for you to look at instead of watching the even

I...dont know what that says about me? Lmao I don't even know what point you're trying to make. I obviously enjoy halo and enjoyed every game during their respective time periods. But I'm not ignoring the absolutely pitiful numbers halo 3 has been putting up. Literally more dead now than during h5 and we are stuck with an even worse game. 

6 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I...dont know what that says about me? Lmao I don't even know what point you're trying to make. I obviously enjoy halo and enjoyed every game during their respective time periods. But I'm not ignoring the absolutely pitiful numbers halo 3 has been putting up. Literally more dead now than during h5 and we are stuck with an even worse game. 

You're so we'll educated on Halo you seem to forget this isn't our platform. I love invitational events and all that but the Halo community fills venues and competes. That's what we do. We've never been about giant numbers. Hopefully PC can change that too, but until then stop crying or go away til infinite. 

8 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I honestly believe the numbers, at least at this level, are entirely about the effort and marketing being put behind it as well as just general fatigue due to nothing being new as well as Halo not having had a large cultural impact as far as the wider gaming community goes in over a decade. The MCC PC announcement is probably the most relevant Halo has been to gaming as a whole in a long time and could be the start of an actual correction for the overall series growth. tl;dr I don't believe any currently released Halo title would be doing any better in this situation although a few would definitely be doing worse